Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

We sailed with 62% first time cruisers. If my math is correct 4323 first timers with 6936 guests. I am sure this was where a vast amount of the "issues" stemmed from. AND being on the free for all deck 18!!!

I'm so happy you are having the best time. I truly felt ugly when it appeared I put a damper on your up coming sailing. So, so happy!!!!

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I'm so happy you are having the best time. I truly felt ugly when it appeared I put a damper on your up coming sailing.

Stop it! You are such a positive person. ❤️

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looks like I was low. Yeesh. Should I feel extra special next summer when we're finally D+?

I truly think that you start to see real benefits at D and D+

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I truly think that you start to see real benefits at D and D+

Oh I agree, I just meant b/c there will likely only be like < 150 D+/Pinnacle on Wonder next summer if the trend holds, I should feel extra special, lol. Like most of my comments, it wasn't serious.

Izumi lunch 

Something is off with this Izumi. We have gone to enough Izumi’s to know how it is supposed to work. Service was again super slow here today, just like last night. Crew seemed like they were a little disorganized and chaotic. Food tasted the same and was good, but both last night and today something was off.
Even more interesting, we got our rolls and they totally shrunk in size, like half. We even went back to our pics from March to double check. We asked about this and Izumi staff said that in a recent change by Royal, those with the UDP are getting half the size of the rolls. Those ordering a la carte get the old size. The reasoning here is basically cost cutting because the UDP is getting more and more popular. 

60c36d6e-cc7b-4f04-a560-04456a859ba9.jpeg

12c76028-f7ad-4b5b-94ec-55ae09c29a78.jpeg

Just got back from a 2pm showing of this: 

IMG_8089.thumb.jpeg.4e57396602a928dd2258394244a12fd2.jpeg

Ricky was funny and had great energy but we definitely did not like the afternoon time slot for this. Also the format was different. They gave the contestants boards and turned them away from each other instead of taking off the stage. This was definitely a more tame version of the usual. 

I'm not sure if you enjoy red sangria but the sangria they made me in CK was amazing, I'm still thinking about it. It was refreshing, sweet but not overly and no heartburn. 

Have you noticed if they have secured deck 18? 

I believe we had 1900 kids as well, I know on our all access tour they told us they ordered more pizza and ice cream for our sailing. 

I think @Ampurp85 is onto something. The first time families are going all in, I think the Wonder and soon the Icon will replace DCL for sure! 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

That would be a negative. 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I'm not sure if you enjoy red sangria but the sangria they made me in CK was amazing, I'm still thinking about it. It was refreshing, sweet but not overly and no heartburn. 

I will have to find an day to try it 🙂

1 hour ago, bellemiche said:

One day I want to see you and your hubby up there! 😍

That would also be negative, more like never lol

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

I believe we had 1900 kids as well, I know on our all access tour they told us they ordered more pizza and ice cream for our sailing. 

I think @Ampurp85 is onto something. The first time families are going all in, I think the Wonder and soon the Icon will replace DCL for sure! 

In March they were checking seapass cards on the Sundeck but that must not be standard procedure. I saw quite a few people get asked politely to leave by the staff. I hope they resolve this issue soon.

7 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

In March they were checking seapass cards on the Sundeck but that must not be standard procedure. I saw quite a few people get asked politely to leave by the staff. I hope they resolve this issue soon.

We didn't have the problems Neesa did in early June but they weren't checking anything (the suite sun deck was also a ghost town for whatever reason).

@tonyfsu21 staff has enough to do on this huge ship, no "wonder" they don't pay attention to the deck 18 sundeck anymore.

Sadly since it's virtually impossible to keep the hallway doors secured Royal needs to make the doors out to the sun deck open by sea pass card only, like dare I say DCL.. otherwise it will remain if you can find it you can use it.

Why pay extra for the amenity if you don't have to. It was unbelievable by probably day 3 that the most favorable loungers were "taken" by guests who had regular sea pass cards.

It made me feel like an idiot paying for the suite neighborhood for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@tonyfsu21 staff has enough to do on this huge ship, no "wonder" they don't pay attention to the deck 18 sundeck anymore.

Sadly since it's virtually impossible to keep the hallway doors secured Royal needs to make the doors out to the sun deck open by sea pass card only, like dare I say DCL.. otherwise it will remain if you can find it you can use it.

Why pay extra for the amenity if you don't have to. It was unbelievable by probably day 3 that the most favorable loungers were "taken" by guests who had regular sea pass cards.

Yep, I agree. Much like park cafe or the solarium bistro, by day 3 the cats out of the bag and it’s crowded with people. RC certainly needs to resolve this issue sooner than later especially with suite prices at a massive premium these day it only makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

IDK if this is limited to Wonder, but i feel compelled to inform the loyal live blog readership if they can do it for me on Oasis. I do love a red sangria that's not bitter. It's an art form actually. I believe @Ampurp85 has her own ship recipe for this as well? Forgive me if I'm wrong. I read many blogs, but don't remember whether or not i ate lunch yesterday...

@Lovetocruise2002, thank you for your pics. I don't really know how to use Insta, but i somehow managed to stalk you over there as well. 🥰 re: Izumi ... While a half roll i think would probably suffice for us as we eat with beer bloat going in full effect, i don't know on what planet Royal should equate Star Class to UDP.  Totally different categories.  You're clearly living on Planet Watermelon while at Izumi this trip. As we say ... that would go in the comment card!

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@GregD you know what this is right? 😉

IMG_8079.thumb.jpeg.9179024b48b90891de726557fd87b734.jpeg

hmmmmm, lets do some deduction here......its a sea day........you were a flowrider widow, which means you were unsupervised for a bit......do I need to get my calendar out, or is this one we already discussed?😉 because that looks like a next cruise envelope to me.....

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Sadly since it's virtually impossible to keep the hallway doors secured

It’s not really. I would not be a huge ask for the loft attendants to make sure they are not propped open. I suspect it is more likely crew and not guests who are propping them open. 

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

Izumi ... While a half roll i think would probably suffice for us as we eat with beer bloat going in full effect,

We agree too. We left full without any wasted food. But for guests paying for UDP, it’s cost cutting a bit. 

11 hours ago, Neesa said:

Securing the door to open only with sea pass will help but not enough as people can easily piggyback when one is opening the door. What they may do is maybe to locate a sundeck concierge near the door as part of the towel station.

9 minutes ago, GregD said:

hmmmmm, lets do some deduction here......its a sea day........you were a flowrider widow, which means you were unsupervised for a bit......do I need to get my calendar out, or is this one we already discussed?😉 because that looks like a next cruise envelope to me.....

Smart guy, my friend! It’s the one we already discussed. Confirmed and deposited. 🙂

Dinner at Giovanni’s Kitchen 

7a0a7330-be65-4612-8c94-a014d0edfa80.thumb.jpeg.a9d74b11d2398ab109c885500420d7db.jpeg

We first tried this on Freedom last July and really liked it. Here on Wonder it is just as good. Service and quality of food perfect here tonight. Hubby and I both had pastas, the tiramisu was super rich, and I love the pizza crust here. 

Tonight is a two show night for us. After dinner we went to see 365 Seasons on Ice. Good energy in this show. The special effects with the lighting and fog really added to the show. It has a modern feel to it whereas some of the other ice shows feel a bit dated. 
db77f8d4-d688-4601-85e8-baf0764ddc03.thumb.jpeg.dfbb68bee010030cbc65e64ebfefa7f3.jpeg

Meeting Hannah for adult comedy in 15 minutes. Will upload video clips of the ice show to Instagram later tonight. 🙂

3 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

Well let the rest of us in on the secret 😜

Allure 12/30/2024. Come join us 🙂 the more the merrier.

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

That’s exactly why I liked it so much.

Hope your comics are/were good. We had one hilarious guy & one dud last month.

Ours were decent. Kivi Rogers and Gary Caouette. We have seen Kivi before, pretty funny guy.