Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

Delta’s reason for cancellation was “mechanical issues” 🤷🏻‍♀️

We have made peace with the flight they rescheduled us on. At least they did they rescheduled compared to March 2022 they just cancelled and nothing was re-booked. Unfortunately, they cannot get us on another non-stop to MCO so that Atlanta flight connects to a 6:55pm flight to get us into MCO at 8:09pm 🤞🤞. Hopefully still enough time for us to get to Whole Foods or Publix for some groceries before they close. And really hoping that there are no further cancellations or delays 😬

While we had lots of plans today, it’s really the Hollywood Studios tickets that I am worried about. That’s tomorrow and non-refundable. That and lost luggage with the stopover in Atlanta. 

Hubby has reminded me that the situation could be more dire. The cruise is not tomorrow, we got notice of cancellation BEFORE we checked our bags, and we still have our hotel room to chill and wait. 

With a ton of extra time, we had a nice breakfast at the hotel restaurant here (Refelctions), and now Hubby is taking a nap while I try to remain calm lol.

bb734795-22d7-436b-9630-0a49668fa682.thumb.jpeg.00f8f7a8b7b3cfc2a53b30c4a19f41ee.jpeg

Oh, Sabrina, I am so sorry that this is happening AGAIN !  😫😵

Flying these days is just a nightmare.  So glad that we don’t have to deal with it anymore.  Fingers crossed that you get out of there with no further disruption.  Glad to hear that Justin is taking it all so well.  I just hope that his highlight doesn’t get any further disrupted.

🤞❤️🥰

Glad to hear that Justin is taking it all so well.  I just hope that his highlight doesn’t get any further disrupted.

🤞❤️🥰

Oh he’s taking it well alright! Lol

Truth is that he keeps me sane and grounded even though it’s his Disney plans on the line right now. That’s just his character. ❤️

Current situation:

E8AE9566-0337-4A1F-BBAC-6FFF9177940E.thumb.jpeg.8dc0ef71dfa1c2f819546fc8ef114603.jpeg

Well, the good news is that FlightAware shows your inbound Delta jet is now coming from San Diego and that flight has already left and is showing an on-time arrival into DTW @ 2:34pm.  Hopefully they're able to turn the flight a little quicker than expected and get you off a little earlier?  Wishing you safe travels!  Sorry for the stress! 

Edited by Uncwmark

Thanks all! At this point we are going to sit tight and wait 🤞

The original rebooked flight departing at 2:30pm was a plane arriving from Seattle and that one had left on time at 6:00am (Seattle time) and then they switched us to a plane coming in from San Diego. Who knows what’s happening. That’s why I am afraid to move anything else around right now. Might as well just sit tight. 

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Oh no, I cannot handle another cancellation. Who would have thought getting to Orlando was so difficult 😬

Positive thoughts. There is almost always a chance of summer t-storms in the afternoon/evening here but that doesn't mean they will materialize or exactly where they will if they do.

Sometimes life hands you chaos and there are small blessings mixed in. We just spent sometime hanging out and chatting with cruise friends who we have known through various cruise communities for a long time, but we have never met them in person. Fellow Canadians. Because our flight was delayed, we ended up being able to see them before they boarded their plane for their cruise. ❤️

I am just catching up on your travel delays. Ugh. What a mess and unneeded stress! It sounds like you are in the air; I hope your connection in Atlanta has no further changes and Justin’s Disney plans aren’t impacted. Flying is so frustrating these days; we have started doing a 7 day land vacation before the cruise vacation just to ensure we and our luggage are there.  So crazy. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The quality is there but the colors keep me from buying anything.

I think a year ago they did have purple. I will keep an eye out and message you if it gets restocked.

46 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Cabash just purchased me a new lawn mower! 31 years and I got a lawn mower, yay!🤦‍♀️

Now that is love! Lol

26 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

On the checked bag front. It looks like our bags have caught a non-stop flight to MCO even though we could not. Not sure where we are supposed to find these once we land in Orlando. Any ideas anyone? 

IMG_7802.jpeg

This happened to me earlier this month at MCO.  I had a nonstop, but they put my bags on a nonstop that left an hour sooner than mine for some reason?  Anyhow, as @Ampurp85 said, just go down to the baggage claim area, each airline has a counter with an agent that'll ask to see your claim tags, then find it in a roped off area with all of the bags that beat their owners.  I was in and out in under 5 minutes. 

16 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

There is a lost/found baggage area by the baggage claim where they should keep baggage from delayed planes.

7 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

Anyhow, as @Ampurp85 said, just go down to the baggage claim area, each airline has a counter with an agent that'll ask to see your claim tags, then find it in a roped off area with all of the bags that beat their owners. 

But is there an agent there later in the evening? We might not land until close to 10pm now 😕

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But is there an agent there later in the evening? We might not land until close to 10pm now 😕

It should still be manned I think.  I arrived a little after 9 and they were there.  It's United's policy to make every effort to report any lost baggage issues to the same office prior to leaving the airport if at all possible, so I would hope they have someone there as long as flights are arriving.  You can also contact the United baggage recovery office at 1-800-335-2247, but that's a national line, not MCO specific.