What activities would you add onboard ships?

What activities would you add onboard Royal Caribbean ships?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What activities would you add onboard ships?

• Bowling
    • New virtual reality experiences
    • Go kart race track
    • Roller coaster
    • Other sports or activities(mention in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2023 at 09:00 PM

I chose bowling because it's the only one I could see them either making free or have the lowest cost. The VR experience on Odyssey was great and I was glad I could sneak in while it was still included in the fare because it didn't dazzle enough to justify a cost to me.

Roller coasters and gokarts certainly look cool on paper or in ads but it doesn't seem like you get a good amount of time on the ones currently existing on other brands and, again, for the cost, I think I'd want a bit more.

31 minutes ago, Bowen said:

Escape rooms would be awesome. Also we did a murder mystery dinner on board once, they should offer those on every ship.

Pre-pandemic ships had the mystery dinner experience. I had it booked for one of my cancelled sailings. I don't know if it didn't sell well enough to be brought back or if it just hasn't been yet. Also, there are already escape rooms on ships, just not all. 

2 hours ago, Xaa said:

With bowling, I worry about the movement of the ship impacting the pins and even the ball.

I was disappointed with mini-golf on my first cruise because of the impact of ship movement on the golfing process.  I imagine bowling will suffer a similar fate, although it has been tried elsewhere.

I picked Go-Karts but I love the ideas of mystery dinner and more escape rooms.  I had hosted several mystery dinners in the past where my friends would come dressed up.  I did a Star Trek dinner once where I pretended my replicator (aka oven) screwed up and delivered 3 legged chickens (1 cornish hen with a drum stick stuck in its cavity).  I had also used 2 different food colors: Red for the hen and blue for the chicken leg.  It was a riot!  Unfortunately, it was the worst story of all the mystery dinners I had hosted. 

A lazy river utilizing the space of the larger ships.  They have the elevation differential.  But, I don’t think the engineering will work because it requires too much water.

Engineering impossibility aside . . . It would be popular!  It is not impossible on Coco Cay, and every time I have been there, I have thought what a great addition it would be.

6 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

A lazy river utilizing the space of the larger ships.  They have the elevation differential.  But, I don’t think the engineering will work because it requires too much water.

Engineering impossibility aside . . . It would be popular!  It is not impossible on Coco Cay, and every time I have been there, I have thought what a great addition it would be.

I'm wondering if a lazy river concept couldn't be developed slip and slide style. Slippery bottom with a thin moving layer of water on top to move the floats. 

Out of these options, bowling. Specifically duckpin bowling since the lanes are smaller, the balls are smaller and don't require a range of weights and fingerhole sizes, and thus more lanes can be fitted into the venue.

I don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so let me share with you what I liked from a small European cruise line I cruised with recently:

1. Free beer and wine during meal hours.

2. Laundry room where for €4 one could wash and dry a full load of clothes. 
3. One hour pass to use SPA facilities (steam room, saunas, etc.) was €5

4. The kid’s club has a pool where families can chill and swim

5. Did I say free beer and wine already?!!! 

On 4/13/2023 at 2:13 PM, Xaa said:

With bowling, I worry about the movement of the ship impacting the pins and even the ball.

Some of the ships have auto leveling billiard tables. On a larger scale I am sure bowling lanes could be auto leveling. I'm not so sure that many people actually like bowling. 

I'd be more interested in using the ice skating venue for drone racing.

On 4/15/2023 at 7:46 AM, Rackham said:

I'm wondering if a lazy river concept couldn't be developed slip and slide style. Slippery bottom with a thin moving layer of water on top to move the floats. 

Out of these options, bowling. Specifically duckpin bowling since the lanes are smaller, the balls are smaller and don't require a range of weights and fingerhole sizes, and thus more lanes can be fitted into the venue.

Lazy river would work well on a ship like Icon, I’m kinda surprised there’s not one.

On 4/15/2023 at 8:34 AM, Colombia20102018 said:

I don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so let me share with you what I liked from a small European cruise line I cruised with recently:

1. Free beer and wine during meal hours.

2. Laundry room where for €4 one could wash and dry a full load of clothes. 
3. One hour pass to use SPA facilities (steam room, saunas, etc.) was €5

4. The kid’s club has a pool where families can chill and swim

5. Did I say free beer and wine already?!!! 

Every passenger getting 1 complimentary hour in the thermal suite would be a good addition. And design the thermal suites to have ocean views.