Oasis original production show

Came back from my 7 day oasis cruise. Aqua 80 was great, highly energetic and entertaining. Frozen in time was meh. Terrible and disjointed story line using Hans Christian Anderson as the backdrop. As for Cats, I understand now why this show was so maligned over the decades- major snoozefest. What were they thinking??? Credit to all the wonderful and talented performers who had to work with such material and poor decision making.

6 hours ago, JC Pats said:

No there isn't. Aqua 80s, CATS and Frozen in Time are all there is. As far as I know, there are no known plans to add an original production show. (a shame, CATS is blech)

Thats unfortunate. The Oasis class all used to have 1 broadway and 1 original production show. I have no interest in seeing Cats again but was hoping for another show. I am looking forward to Auqua80 and Frozen in time

16 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

Shows like frozen in time are more about the imagery and individual performances. They are not supposed to have a discernible or absolute story Line. Just enjoy it for what 

While I agree with your statement, it was far from entertaining. 

22 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Am I mistaken that all Oasis class ships also have an original production show on top of the Broadway show? Or has that not come back post Covid? 

They used to.  I've not seen Royal announce plans to bring back all of the second theater shows since the restart.  Columbus the Musical have been missing on Harmony for example.  

9 hours ago, whoa said:

Came back from my 7 day oasis cruise. Aqua 80 was great, highly energetic and entertaining. Frozen in time was meh. Terrible and disjointed story line using Hans Christian Anderson as the backdrop. As for Cats, I understand now why this show was so maligned over the decades- major snoozefest. What were they thinking??? Credit to all the wonderful and talented performers who had to work with such material and poor decision making.

Oh wow, I've seen lots of good reviews on the ice show, but everyone has the same out look on Cats. I feel bad for the cast who watches people leave the show on a daily basis. 

Just had the "joy" of seeing Cats on Oasis a few weeks ago ... we decided that no one actually likes Cats, its just that having seen it you feel the need to make others suffer as much as you did ... so people encourage others to go see Cats so that they can share their misery .... its a working theory yet to be disproven.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

They used to.  I've not seen Royal announce plans to bring back all of the second theater shows since the restart.  Columbus the Musical have been missing on Harmony for example.  

Too bad, I actually enjoyed the original productions more than the broadway shows. Flight and Blue Planet were both amazing. Columbus fantastic as well

1 hour ago, teddy said:

My problem with Cats was I knew nothing about it prior to seeing it on Oasis. 

I’d go see it again now that I understand what it going on. 

I have seen it and understand it and I will not go back. While I did appreciate and was impressed with the performances, the story is horrific and sad. And the way they portray the electric cat comes in disguise as the old cat looks like he killed him and skinned him. I just did not like it. That and let's all vote on who gets to die and go to cat heaven, so the Carol Burnett cat gets to go this time but what about all the others they are just S.O.L??? Andrew Lloyd Webber just did not do anybody any favors with this one.  

56 minutes ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

CATS is blech? Or the Oasis cast's performance of CATS is blech? (Or both? 😱)

CATS! tends to be viewed with polarized glasses.  Some love it, some hate it.  That's entertainment.  

I'm more of a DOG person but I still may watch CATS! again next cruise just because the theatrical aspects of the production but I understand the show isn't for everyone.  It did quite well on Broadway with similar outcomes. 

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

CATS! tends to be viewed with polarized glasses.  Some love it, some hate it.  That's entertainment.  

I'm more of a DOG person but I still may watch CATS! again next cruise just because the theatrical aspects of the production but I understand the show isn't for everyone.  It did quite well on Broadway with similar outcomes. 

Agreed. Dan has conceded to try Cats one last time on our OA cruise next month.  He has walked out at halftime twice before….but they have shortened it and removed the intermission (the perfect escape pod) so we’ll try one more time. 

48 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Agreed. Dan has conceded to try Cats one last time on our OA cruise next month.  He has walked out at halftime twice before….but they have shortened it and removed the intermission (the perfect escape pod) so we’ll try one more time. 

I want to see it from the front row.  My previous dipping toes in the CATS! theater were in the balcony from afar.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I love CATS - it's weird and quirky in exactly the right way. But it's also really hard to do well, and for some reason the quirkiness of it always seems to bring out the worst in producers and directors.

47 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The version of Phantom of the Opera that ran in Vegas for several years took this approach. I saw that back in 2009 and I thought it worked really well.

10 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Too bad, I actually enjoyed the original productions more than the broadway shows. Flight and Blue Planet were both amazing. Columbus fantastic as well

Hope they bring back Columbus the Musical by June.  We are bringing the grandkids on a cruise and thought they would enjoy that play.  I really liked it myself.

As for Cats, I did not enjoy it much the first time I saw it.  And I was seated far away.  Saw it again close up and really enjoyed seeing their faces and costumes.  I now like the play and will be on Oasis in about 2 weeks and will be going.

I wish they would bring back doing Broadway musicals.  Seems as they leave none are being replaced.  Only doing their own shows.  Not as fond of some of their own shows, like Effectors.   They are ok, but would like a Broadway play also.

I may be one of the few who loved Cats on Oasis.  I watched all three (or was it four) showings from the middle of the third row.  The first two rows were cordoned off as part of COVID protocols at the time.  I agree that it’s a “love it or hate it” show but to say that everyone hates it would be inaccurate.