Jump to content

Transatlantic deals


Matt
 Share

Recommended Posts

Royal told travel agents today about 3 TA deals out there. 

I haven't look at prices, but worth checking:

  • Enchantment of the Seas April 30, 2023 Bayonne to Rome
  • Symphony of the Seas March 9, 2023 Miami to Barcelona
  • Jewel of the Seas April 22, 2023 Port Canaveral to Amsterdam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what I found on RCL website.  I am not sure if this includes the sale prices or not.

 

Enchantment: 15 nights: $581/Interior, $681/Outside View, $1563/Balcony, and $1606/Suite

Symphony: 12 nights: $731/Interior, $781/Outside View, $814/Balcony, and $2023/Suite

Jewel: 12 nights: $631/Interior, $731/Outside View, $1064/Balcony, and $3383/Suite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Symphony itinerary is awful... one stop from FLL to Barcelona and it's in Malaga.. and ship begins journey on March 9th so weather will be cool.  There appear to be a ton of open cabins and I would suspect there may be some even better deals the closer you get to sail date (March 9th)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Uncwmark said:

That Symphony itinerary is awful... one stop from FLL to Barcelona and it's in Malaga.. and ship begins journey on March 9th so weather will be cool.  There appear to be a ton of open cabins and I would suspect there may be some even better deals the closer you get to sail date (March 9th)  

The Oasis class almost always do that itinerary on their eastbound TAs. I thinks it's an awful itinerary too, but I reckon Royal are just looking to get the ship across the pond as fast as they can so they can get the dry dock done and get her back out onto more normal itineraries that sell better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah a TA is a dream cruise for me too. Love my sea days! I think I may have to retire in order to do one right though. I'd love to be able to make the long flight up front, spend a few days to explore the departure port and then sail on back to the states. If I dream big, I'd double up the TA with the last cruise before it made the crossing for an epic B2B. 

Closest I'll get before I retire is probably a Hawaii to Vancouver repositioning. Had one booked for this year but it got cancelled 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Funny, I stumbled across the Enchantment one last night.  How do these smaller ships fare on a TA?

Taking Vision back to the US on Friday, so I will let you know. We took a TA over to Europe (Anthem - it was a bathtub sailing). Just finished our testing (still required,  although Carnival and NCL no longer require based on amount of days).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brando95 said:

Yeah a TA is a dream cruise for me too. Love my sea days! I think I may have to retire in order to do one right though. I'd love to be able to make the long flight up front, spend a few days to explore the departure port and then sail on back to the states. If I dream big, I'd double up the TA with the last cruise before it made the crossing for an epic B2B. 

Closest I'll get before I retire is probably a Hawaii to Vancouver repositioning. Had one booked for this year but it got cancelled 

Get out of my head!  Literally the exact same for me (minus actually having one booked).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Audrey V. said:

Taking Vision back to the US on Friday, so I will let you know. We took a TA over to Europe (Anthem - it was a bathtub sailing). Just finished our testing (still required,  although Carnival and NCL no longer require based on amount of days).

I’ll be doing Anthem TA IN October.  Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Balcony price on Symphony is hard to resist but the itinerary is not appealing.

We have not done a TA but curious what the experience is like.    Let me know how your trip went.

Do they have the same amount of crew?

Similar activities as cruises with sea days?

Crossing the Atlantic could mean different weather and waves than a typical Caribbean cruise?

Would you do it again?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2022 at 1:04 PM, FionaMG said:

The Oasis class almost always do that itinerary on their eastbound TAs. I thinks it's an awful itinerary too, but I reckon Royal are just looking to get the ship across the pond as fast as they can so they can get the dry dock done and get her back out onto more normal itineraries that sell better.

I did the NCL Epic in April out of NY eastbound fifteen nights. Was a great itinerary including an overnight in Bermuda to break up the sea days. Made six port stops if I recall.  Hard to believe this one does one port.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nferr said:

I did the NCL Epic in April out of NY eastbound fifteen nights. Was a great itinerary including an overnight in Bermuda to break up the sea days. Made six port stops if I recall.  Hard to believe this one does one port.

Yes, I have noticed that NCL's TA are waaay more interesting than Royal's. I could easily be tempted to give them a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Odyssey seems to have better TA itineraries than Royal's other ships. And it's a good all weather ship too.

We booked Odyssey in October 2023 coming back to ft Lauderdale. First time i booked a cruise over a year out but we got a great deal on a balcony cabin. Although looking at the DBP and internet packages the price definitely jumps on fifteen nights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike6453 said:

We booked Odyssey in October 2023 coming back to ft Lauderdale. First time i booked a cruise over a year out but we got a great deal on a balcony cabin. Although looking at the DBP and internet packages the price definitely jumps on fifteen nights

There had been a "Key" sale recently and I snagged an awesome price for it.  It includes the surf and stream package.  Keep an eye on the Key, you may do well with that. Also the Black Friday sale should be around Thanksgiving , there may be some good deals on it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

There had been a "Key" sale recently and I snagged an awesome price for it.  It includes the surf and stream package.  Keep an eye on the Key, you may do well with that. Also the Black Friday sale should be around Thanksgiving , there may be some good deals on it.

 

I had that sale too on my recent Anthem cruise - $14.99 pp! We didn’t take advantage of it though since we only wanted internet for one device and on a 12 night cruise it would have been a lot more to have the key even at that very low price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tend to prefer westbound over eastbound.  Europe to America.

The daily time changes going across time zones seems easier for me westbound.  I get to stay up later without being tired.  Eastbound I feel like it turns into " the watch says it's time for a meal but I feel like I just ate". 

The eastbound mid-day missing hour every day seems for me like it's a more difficult adjustment compared to westbound where you get an extra hour while sleeping.  It's like daylight savings time gain-an-hour versus lose-an-hour played out five times in a single week.  Eastbound is lose an hour one day followed by losing an hour the next then again and again and again.  

When I work from a ship the eastbound time changes mean that daily Diamond hours fall into work hours as the cruise progresses.  After several days you completely miss out if you are trying to maintain an ET work day.   

Plus one way flights to Europe are cheaper than one way flight from Europe to America.  When flights originate in Europe it seems like there are several hundred in taxes and airport fees that we don't pay for flights originating from America.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are a few advantages for eastbound to westbound (again from the perspective of a North American)

  • Little to no 'jetlag' when arriving in Europe.  If you plan to spend a few days being a tourist in Europe, you are already mostly adjusted to the timezone and you can be productive on day 1.  You aren't a zombie for the first day, as you are if you fly over on a redeye in coach.
  • If you can take a car service/drive to the cruise port, fewer worries about having issues with flights and missing the cruise.
  • Less stress about taking a COVID test away from home (but hopefully this will stop being a thing soon)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, twangster said:

The eastbound mid-day missing hour every day seems for me like it's a more difficult adjustment compared to westbound where you get an extra hour while sleeping.  It's like daylight savings time gain-an-hour versus lose-an-hour played out five times in a single week.  Eastbound is lose an hour one day followed by losing an hour the next then again and again and again.  

What are your thoughts on the rumor that in an attempt to accomplish profitability goals stated in recent earning call, Royal will be instituting a 5% increase in gratuities on westbound sailings to account for the extra hour crew members work? 

On a positive note, bar tenders have also been instructed to add a floater to the sixth pinnacle drink voucher order on each day the ship enters a new time zone.

Crazy rumors these days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlmondFarmer said:

What are your thoughts on the rumor that in an attempt to accomplish profitability goals stated in recent earning call, Royal will be instituting a 5% increase in gratuities on westbound sailings to account for the extra hour crew members work? 

On a positive note, bar tenders have also been instructed to add a floater to the sixth pinnacle drink voucher order on each day the ship enters a new time zone.

Crazy rumors these days!

I'm not sure but be careful starting rumors or some of the regular whiners will be bitchin' about losing an hour of their precious vacation time and demanding compensation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure but be careful starting rumors or some of the regular whiners will be bitchin' about losing an hour of their precious vacation time and demanding compensation. 

Understood. The rumors are from a source which I do not consider reliable. Nice guy though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I had that sale too on my recent Anthem cruise - $14.99 pp! We didn’t take advantage of it though since we only wanted internet for one device and on a 12 night cruise it would have been a lot more to have the key even at that very low price.

I've looked at the key before, if its cheaper than the internet package it definitely makes sense, although you have to figure in multiple people since the key price is the same per person while getting an internet plus one device is cheaper than two internet packages but definitely a great idea that i didn't think of.

were going on the anthem for the holiday cruise next month, the key was listed for 42 a person.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...