Jump to content

C&A Program Updates - Drink Vouchers


Recommended Posts

RCL announced yesterday that they have decided to make what I understand were Covid-19 changes to the Drink Voucher program, permanent.

(Link:https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates?ecid=em_12141207&rid=585163544&rcid=47242204&empc=RCIN_CAS_0820&emsc=RCIN_CAS_0820_DP_CN&empf=&emct=DIAMOND PLUS&lnkid=INTRO_CTA&ect=TAC&ecv=DP)

Previously (pre-Covid), drink vouchers could be used at any bar during the hours in which the Diamond Lounge was open for Happy Hour. Outside of those hours, get out yer' sea pass card matie...arrrr.

If you were in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour...line em' up, the vouchers were not relevant (but don't forget to tip your friendly Diamond Lounge staff!).

However, there is a nuance built into the announcement that did catch my attention.

"...These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations..."

This reads like the Diamond Lounge effectively becomes a temporary bar...and any drink you have within said lounge is effectively deducted accordingly from your daily voucher allotment.

Anyone else reading it differently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Gears said:

This reads like the Diamond Lounge effectively becomes a temporary bar...and any drink you have within said lounge is effectively deducted accordingly from your daily voucher allotment.

That is my understanding as well.  That any drinks consumed now in the Diamond lounge, you would have to use one (or more) of your vouchers for.  Gone are the days where you could sit there for hours in the D lounge and drink (and tip) away without redeeming anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Gears said:

This reads like the Diamond Lounge effectively becomes a temporary bar...and any drink you have within said lounge is effectively deducted accordingly from your daily voucher allotment.

Yes, that's correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

If my sailing in October this year takes me to Diamond level,  will my status have been updated by my sailing in November?

General rule of thumb is to expect two weeks after a sailing to have the C&A points reflected on your profile and resulting tier level changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Use them for non-alcoholic versions, or smoothies, or (at the very least) bottles of water to hydrate your hubby.

Yeah, I figure bottled water if nothing else. I’m not one to drink sugared beverages, including smoothies. Southern girl here who hates sweet tea as well. ?Don’t tell anyone around here. It’s blasphemy. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Can I “buy a drink” ,using the voucher, for a friend?

You can... but practices like this cause Royal to change policies to curb them, thereby affecting everyone negatively.   The benefits are intended for the CAS members to enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

You can... but practices like this cause Royal to change policies to curb them, thereby affecting everyone negatively.   The benefits are intended for the CAS members to enjoy.


When the voucher policy for drinks was first announced, I could be wrong, but I seem to remember many people on here in that original thread saying that it was OK to use your vouchers to buy a drink for a friend ………. Obviously that’s not allowed with a regular drink package  ………. But they were saying that you earned the drink vouchers and could use them for yourself or anyone you wanted to use them for.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

If my sailing in October this year takes me to Diamond level,  will my status have been updated by my sailing in November?


I've been in this same situation twice ….. cruises a few weeks apart and level change …….. both times it changed in our online accounts within 10 days after the cruise …….  This first time going from platinum to emerald I did nothing and our seapass cards had our old status when we boarded so we had to go get new cards  ……… we were told if we had a status change after our documents were available again to call and ask for them to update our documents once the change occurs ……… we did that the second time ….. our original documents said emerald, the new documents said Diamond and when we got on he ship our seapass card was correct  saying Diamond ……… it seems that the status on your documents is what they put on your seapass card even if your online account says you went to the next level.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:


I've been in this same situation twice ….. cruises a few weeks apart and level change …….. both times it changed in our online accounts within 10 days after the cruise …….  This first time going from platinum to emerald I did nothing and our seapass cards had our old status when we boarded so we had to go get new cards  ……… we were told if we had a status change after our documents were available again to call and ask for them to update our documents once the change occurs ……… we did that the second time ….. our original documents said emerald, the new documents said Diamond and when we got on he ship our seapass card was correct  saying Diamond ……… it seems that the status on your documents is what they put on your seapass card even if your online account says you went to the next level.

 

Thanks!   This is the exact information I wanted to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:


When the voucher policy for drinks was first announced, I could be wrong, but I seem to remember many people on here in that original thread saying that it was OK to use your vouchers to buy a drink for a friend ………. Obviously that’s not allowed with a regular drink package  ………. But they were saying that you earned the drink vouchers and could use them for yourself or anyone you wanted to use them for.

 

 

I asked specifically on the "old" rollout and was told it was encouraged to use them on buying drinks for others (like chips ... once you have one you have to have more), havent specifically asked since the "relaunch" but they definitely didnt have a problem with me buying cocktails for friends with my freebies while using my drink package to buy me beers so i dont think it has changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

I asked specifically on the "old" rollout and was told it was encouraged to use them on buying drinks for others (like chips ... once you have one you have to have more), havent specifically asked since the "relaunch" but they definitely didnt have a problem with me buying cocktails for friends with my freebies while using my drink package to buy me beers so i dont think it has changed.

Can we hide this from my cruise companions?  ha ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...