Jump to content

Goodbye Grandeur


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I will see if the crew has heard of this yet.  Heading back to the casino now.

I’m  slightly concerned about Enchantment after Twangster’s review from last year.  Not sure where we will turn as an option.  I guess we will be retired and living in FLA by then anyway...

Raye trust me don't go on Enchantment.. I wish they would sell her. Honestly it needs so much work I think its a terrible option for Baltimore.. I don't know if a radiance class ship can fit in Baltimore but if it can that's what they should of went with.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Raye trust me don't go on Enchantment.. I wish they would sell her. Honestly it needs so much work I think its a terrible option for Baltimore.. I don't know if a radiance class ship can fit in Baltimore but if it can that's what they should of went with.. 

What is wrong with Enchantment? too much wear and tear? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

What is wrong with Enchantment? too much wear and tear? 

Its personal preference.. Raye and I enjoy only doing specialty dining. Enchantment only has Chops.. Raye and I spend a lot of time in the casino.. Enchantment's Casino is small and very outdated.. And the overall Maintence of the ship in my opinion it has not been maintained very well.. But like I said personal preferences.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I don't know if a radiance class ship can fit in Baltimore but if it can that's what they should of went with.. 

Michael Bayley has been quoted as stating that Radiance class can fit into Baltimore.  He specifically said so in a Q&A on the President's cruise last year. 

Given that the Sunshine Skyway bridge is supposedly a few feet lower than the Key bridge and Brilliance routinely sails from Tampa it leads me to believe that Radiance class can sail into Baltimore.  

The problem if you want to call it that, is that Royal can make more money placing Radiance class elsewhere.  Radiance was #10 in 2018 revenue ahead of Indy and Liberty.  Majesty made more money last year compared to Grandeur which beat only Empress in 2018 revenue.  Alaska and Australia get two Radiance class next year both of which are highly profitable destinations.  Why would you put Radiance class in Baltimore and leave money on the table somewhere else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Michael Bayley has been quoted as stating that Radiance class can fit into Baltimore.  He specifically said so in a Q&A on the President's cruise last year. 

Given that the Sunshine Skyway bridge is supposedly a few feet lower than the Key bridge and Brilliance routinely sails from Tampa it leads me to believe that Radiance class can sail into Baltimore.  

The problem if you want to call it that, is that Royal can make more money placing Radiance class elsewhere.  Radiance was #10 in 2018 revenue ahead of Indy and Liberty.  Majesty made more money last year compared to Grandeur which beat only Empress in 2018 revenue.  Alaska and Australia get two Radiance class next year both of which are highly profitable destinations.  Why would you put Radiance class in Baltimore and leave money on the table somewhere else?

agreed they wouldn't.. Honestly this doesn't effect me at all.. I live in south Florida and never leave from Baltimore but I do feel bad for the people who live close and are now only given in my opinion a subpar option.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

agreed they wouldn't.. Honestly this doesn't effect me at all.. I live in south Florida and never leave from Baltimore but I do feel bad for the people who live close and are now only given in my opinion a subpar option.. 

Before Majesty and Empress sailings became so cheap in the wake of the Cuba changes it was not unusual for Grandeur to be one of the cheapest cruises available.  Granted that was for interior or ocean view cabins.  She doesn't have many balconies so they quickly sold out at higher prices.  Enchantment has more cabins.  

996 total cabins become 1,142 total cabins

399 interior cabins become 463 interior cabins

381 OV cabins become 431 OV cabins

122 balconies become 154 balconies

94 suites stays at 94 suites

For those cheap cabins types that were often the lowest fares in the fleet there will 104 more of them to sell.  Opportunity for those wanting to build up C&A points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, coneyraven said:

I am absolutely crushed ...... ?

I thought of you immediately when I first saw the news this morning...

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’m  slightly concerned about Enchantment after Twangster’s review from last year.  

This was my next thought after I thought of Mark...can't say I was surprised by this though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We enjoyed Lady G and may give Enchantment a try when she comes to town.  Will seriously think about that repo if it's offered. Timing should be good for after tax season, if I'm still at my job then - which I hope not to be!! LOL 

Enchantment did well when she was in Baltimore before, so I've heard, so maybe she'll do well again.  We shall see!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, baltodave said:

I noticed that the currently listed last 2 sailings of Enchantment will be the first 2 weeks of April 2021 out of San Juan.  Does this mean there may be an Enchantment repositioning cruise from San Juan to Baltimore in Spring 2021?   

 

If it wasn't for my mother's 80th Birthday, I'd be all in for that ....... Hey...... This just gave me an idea for an 80th Birthday present ..... hmmmm, will have to watch the itineraries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...