Matt

What do YOU wish you knew before you cruised?

That no matter how much you pre-plan (and erroneously rely on the RC app if you have it for your trip), you still need to check the paper Cruise Compas onboard, every day of your trip.  I had everything planned in advance, including activities I found on the app with dates & times, so I didn't pay any attention to the Cruise Compas in our room.  The app had been wrong about when ice skating was open (shocking!!), and we missed being able to do this because I didn't check the Cruise Compas.  My kids were pretty bummed after planning for 6 months to ice skate in the Carribean.

14 hours ago, TJ! said:

I've been doing my best to get on a diet before my Jan, 2020 sail date. I got about 3 months or so to lose 40 lbs ideally.

It would be great for pictures and stuffing my face haha

lol.. my cruise is in Feb 2020.. and I need to lose 15lbs... but we know we can do it 🙂

14 hours ago, 4ensic said:

If you're on a smaller ship, to bring a bottle of Meclizine (very inexpensive on Amazon) and take it before you get sick if there are a lot of waves.  I always thought it was a cliche that people turned green when seasick.  A friend's wife was a combination of ghostly white and very light green.  She lost 2 days being seasick.

That was me on my 1st cruise.. I was seated in the MDR getting ready to eat my steak when the ship began to rock.. and man did I have to run to the bathroom..lol.. and then I got back looking pale white just in time for the photo.. 😂.. and I have that photo.. lol

I wish I had done more research on the variety of offerings and everything to do. The first time I went, I truly didn't want to go--I thought I'd be bored staring at the water for a week. I have never been more wrong about anything in my life. 😀 I was blown away with how much there was to do and, because I hadn't done any research, it was almost overwhelming. 

Now whenever anyone asks, I tell them a cruise is the perfect vacation. If you want to party 24/7 you can. If you want to do nothing but lay in a deck chair for week, you can. It is a choose your own adventure vacation. 

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl1976 said:

lol.. my cruise is in Feb 2020.. and I need to lose 15lbs... but we know we can do it 🙂

My cruise is in February 2020 also on the Oasis.  Just lost 5, trying for 10 more.  You can do it!!  🙂

My Fitness Pal app and Grapefruit water both help me tremendously!  

12 minutes ago, SassMaster said:

My Fitness Pal app and Grapefruit water both help me tremendously!  

Be careful with the grapefruit water. I can't believe how many medications, including OTC meds, that grapefruit interacts with in a bad way!

Take motion sickness meds one day "before" embarkation, not trying to "see" if I will feel anything ... even if it was Oasis!  The first few days were rough ... no pun intended!

7 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Be careful with the grapefruit water. I can't believe how many medications, including OTC meds, that grapefruit interacts with in a bad way!

I use essential oils and just put the drops in my water.   I've used it for years and zero impacts...but thanks for the info.  🙂