Hey everybody. It's been a while!

Just saying a quick hello here, first time in about four years. I just booked the 12-night Odyssey sailing in Jan 2025, which is an itinerary I've been wanting to do kind of since I first started sailing with Royal in 2018 and learned about it. Seemed like a nice way to celebrate turning 55. 🙂

To everyone I haven't spoken with in all these years, hope you've been well!

5 hours ago, RWDW1204 said:

Welcome back! How's your health and your daughter doing? 

Health is good. Had another foot surgery in '21 that took a while to heal, but that’s finally good and things are stable again.

My older daughter is doing great; she graduated college in '22 and has been figuring out what she wants to do for a living, and has been living on her own for the last several years.

My younger daughter is also doing great; she finished her freshman year in college last year, and is now living in Tokyo, Japan to pursue a career as a manga artist. She’s loving it there, and already has a job as a part-time assistant with a published manga author who told her that she’s already good enough to be published in a year or two. He’s helping her with getting her first full work created and submitted to one of the regular competitions, so she can start getting the notice of publishers.

Hope you’re also doing well!

I see some things still haven't changed with Royal. My booking went from "courtesy hold" to "deposit paid" last night. I have the invoice to show it. But their web site no longer shows my booking under either Courtesy Holds or Upcoming Cruises. I manually linked the booking a half hour ago, still not showing.

But it's there in the Royal app. 🫠

12 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Just saying a quick hello here, first time in about four years. I just booked the 12-night Odyssey sailing in Jan 2025, which is an itinerary I've been wanting to do kind of since I first started sailing with Royal in 2018 and learned about it. Seemed like a nice way to celebrate turning 55. 🙂

I’m doing this same cruise January 2026.  I can’t wait to hear all about it from you.  

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I see some things still haven't changed with Royal. My booking went from "courtesy hold" to "deposit paid" last night. I have the invoice to show it. But their web site no longer shows my booking under either Courtesy Holds or Upcoming Cruises. I manually linked the booking a half hour ago, still not showing.

Same here this morning... randomly disappears, then loads... Yep, nothing has changed with Royal's IT! 😂

image.thumb.png.a2bce35145306236435336b2ba0eee1e.png

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

You expected Royal IT to improve at the same rate as your foot? Silly man!

14 hours ago, JLMoran said:

[que the Twlight Zone music]  I was just thinking about you this morning, Joe.  Glad to hear from you.  Looking forward to that live blog on OY !

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Still no OA class for you? I guess trying to convince you to sail IC is out of the question...lol

My wife has expressed interest in an OA class sailing out of NJ, but that obviously won't be happening this year (have a Bermuda cruise booked with another line) or next year at this point (my wife tolerates one cruise a year).

As far as Icon goes, my wife said that ship was too big and too much of a kids' playground for her tastes. So yeah, no Icon for us. 😂

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

How is the kitty?

Kiba is doing well. He just got checked for a heart murmur and possible GI issue, both came back as OK / clean. He's still an absolute love bug with me, cuddles at least a few times a day.

I do still miss our other cat, Suki. But at least that grief has run its course.

Oh, and we adopted two dogs during the pandemic -- Cece and Taco. Both small mixed breeds. Kiba is finally getting along well with both of them, 3-1/2 years later.

7 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Same here this morning... randomly disappears, then loads... Yep, nothing has changed with Royal's IT! 😂

image.thumb.png.a2bce35145306236435336b2ba0eee1e.png

My booking is back under Courtesy Holds. Confirmed with my TA that the booking is fine, it's just the hamsters once again off their wheels and taking an extended nut break.