"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

I spotted my beloved chicken picatta in the Gio pix.  

So agree about Cats.  I managed to get Dan to sit through the entire production exactly ONCE.  I also feel bad for the performers.  It's not like THEY are doing a bad job...it's just a show that has come and gone and they need to make it go AWAY.  Fat chance that will happen any time soon with the penny pinching at the moment.  I guess Aqua80s makes up for Cats. 🤣

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I spotted my beloved chicken picatta in the Gio pix.  

You know we have been to Giovanni’s so many times and none of us have ever tried it. Last night Hubby tried it because he wanted something other than red meat and it was delicious! We all had one bite and we changed our reservation from Chops to go back to Giovanni’s to have that! 

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We all had one bite and we changed our reservation from Chops to go back to Giovanni’s to have that!

GT has always been our one go to specialty and we've never tried Chops b/c the filet was always good at GT and I like that I can get a steak plus a pasta dish (usually carbonara).

You know we're waiting to try Kitchen on Wonder but for whatever reason I've never seen anyone mention the filet there.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Last day on board 😩 this week went by fast! Plans for today include soaking up our time in this room, Izumi, kids and Hubby are skating, and packing a bit later. 

Week always goes by too fast.  Soaking up the sun and will pack before dinner.  Early flight out tomorrow.  This is when I really miss the suite perks. 

How the week just flew by so fast and as usual another great blog filled with great memories and surprises

A week in this type of suite how could you ever think of booking anything else but this type of suite all the time.  It's pure heaven and no need to leave cabin at all.

Any word on how many kids and capacity this week?  

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Also they have the best minestrone soup.

I actually like Nonna’s soup (or whatever it’s called) from GK better. 

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I've never seen anyone mention the filet there.

I have never had the filet anywhere else but CK. D15 likes the filet at Chops. None of us have had the filet ever at GT or GK.

1 hour ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Any word on how many kids and capacity this week?  

No idea, didn’t ask, but there are a ton of them! Shane said the rest of the sailings this month are packed at capacity as well. 

18 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

They have a documentary on Royal Entertainment right now on Ovation about the making of Cats. 

Another easy pass lol

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have never had the filet anywhere else but CK. D15 likes the filet at Chops. None of us have had the filet ever at GT or GK.

I think I've had it everywhere EXCEPT Chops, lol. It's been very good for us at GT, CK, and the CocoCay Beach Club.

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@OCSC Mike here is photo evidence that I do like tequila. But it has to be Patron. 😉

Again, apologies for the quality of the photos. We took them from videos. 

@recogneyes’s Hubby was warned by Andrew that he might show up on social media. He asked what we would call him. I told him we would call him @recogneyes’s Hubby 😄

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

I think it’s great that in a matter of an hour you and Justin went from not really being pub people to doing Irish car bombs and tequila shots in the pub!  No need to break yourselves in gently…just go for it!  See you there tonight😜

A week is definitely too short. We've decided that Symphony is our last week long cruise, unless it's a B2B. I feel like you just got on the ship. 

We also skipped Cats on our first time in Oasis. You all have been way too vocal about it to fall for that. We told Lety we were skipping it and she didn't even try to change our minds. 😆

We will be on Oasis in a few weeks.  As kids, mine were obsessed with CATS.  We had a video of a Broadway show on VHS and they would watch, dance and sing.  I must have watched that video 200 times.  They are now looking forward to the show on the ship!  I guess if you know every single word to every single song, it helps.

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

A week is definitely too short. We've decided that Symphony is our last week long cruise, unless it's a B2B. I feel like you just got on the ship. 

We also skipped Cats on our first time in Oasis. You all have been way too vocal about it to fall for that. We told Lety we were skipping it and she didn't even try to change our minds. 😆

I am with you. I've decided it's B2B or S2S from now on. Its not worth it to fly and do 5/7 days.  I just start to get relaxed after 4/5 days. I decided my last 7n only sailing is Alaska in September.

5 hours ago, recogneyes said:

Omg it glitched then  posted so many times. Thanks for fixing Sabrina … I don’t want to be banned from the pub 

I should have left it. After @LandstromCruise cruise commented on it, it was quite funny! 

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

Totally agree! Also cannot ever swing that until I retire. 6 more years….

After dinner, we swung by The Shop to replace Hubby’s soot covered UV shirt. I told him he could still wear the old one, but he said it looks like it’s moldy. 

Then, we swung by the pub to say goodbye to @recogneyes and her Hubby. Walked in at the same time as Andrew & Lisa, and we all had a few more laughs. They stayed and we headed back to the room to complete the dreaded packing. 

Tomorrow we are self carrying everything off as usual. Shane said we need to vacate the room by 8:30am but we will be gone before that. 

On the RCB group cruise on Wonder in Dec '22, we did a bar crawl and I'm 98 3/4% sure that the Irish Car Bomb annhilated me.  I can drink my liquor, but mixing with a beer, even a Guinness, is just a bad idea.

Gimme a dozen Patron shots instead!!!

Travel mercies to all of y'all going home.

Back to real life.  We left our room at 6:30.  7:15 gangway was open.  Very easy as they had 4 lines open.  In Uber by 7:30, at FLL by 8am, time for food for kids and about to board our 9:25 am flight.  I know it’s not what’s recommended but we’ll take the chance to be home by 1 pm and have the afternoon to get ready for the week.   We’ve done it this way several times and so far so good. 

Great blog as always!  We missed you in the pub last night. 

Our countdown is 71 days and I can’t wait! 

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

Back to real life.  We left our room at 6:30.  7:15 gangway was open.  Very easy as they had 4 lines open.  In Uber by 7:30, at FLL by 8am, time for food for kids and about to board our 9:25 am flight.  I know it’s not what’s recommended but we’ll take the chance to be home by 1 pm and have the afternoon to get ready for the week.   We’ve done it this way several times and so far so good. 

Great blog as always!  We missed you in the pub last night. 

Our countdown is 71 days and I can’t wait! 

Have a safe trip home!