Hideaway Beach Pass Sale

OCSC Mike

We are sailing on Wonder of the Seas, January 21st.  I just checked the cruise planner.  It is showing sold out for our sailing. The beach is not open yet...correct???   

They are starting out the pricing very responsible.  I'm sure it will go up just like the beach club pricing did. 

For our Sept. 28th, 2024 sailing, the Black Friday price was $38.99.  I just checked, and the current sale price is now $33.99 for us.  For this price, we are going to give it a try.  This may very well be a one-and-done activity.

5 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

We are sailing on Wonder of the Seas, January 21st.  I just checked the cruise planner.  It is showing sold out for our sailing. The beach is not open yet...correct???   

They are starting out the pricing very responsible.  I'm sure it will go up just like the beach club pricing did. 

I just filled out my survey from the last trip we were on (we were at CocoCay Jan 6th).  They asked about our experience at Hideaway Beach, to which I had to answer "N/A, didn't visit because we had kids under 18 with us.".  It is real now, I just don't have any personal comments about it as I didn't go.  They could have just been updating the survey too for its opening later this month.

I was holding off buying until I saw some reviews/videos posted after it opened. I was concerned about the pre-opening marketing portraying it as a Vegas pool party vibe.

Watched Chris Wong's vlog and have decided it may be a little too loud and geared for a  different demographic than the one I'm in.

30 years younger and I'd be all over it😀

I paid $33.99 during Black Friday, and it's still better than what the Cruise Planner is offering right now. I appreciate the head's up though, @OCSC Mike.

However, I am also questioning whether I want to go now that I've seen @newcruiser215's video post above. It *looks* like there are quieter areas away from the pool, but...maybe? Maybe not? At least I have some time to think about it before cruising.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just an FYI for anyone interested. Sale runs through tomorrow & is pretty cheap for my March Wonder cruise. It was under $30 during Black Friday too but I forget the exact price (no personal interest).

IMG_1873.thumb.png.b2c0bf94800d007fa8017c97c1346b01.png

thanks!  wasn't quite that low for my cruise Mar 1, but did save me about $30 from when I had booked it, so cancelled and rebooked!!  

2 hours ago, michaelp1446 said:

I was holding off buying until I saw some reviews/videos posted after it opened. I was concerned about the pre-opening marketing portraying it as a Vegas pool party vibe.

Watched Chris Wong's vlog and have decided it may be a little too loud and geared for a  different demographic than the one I'm in.

30 years younger and I'd be all over it😀

I purchased with a great deal during Black Friday but I agree- its a bit too loud and chaotic.  I realize this was a crew party so I am going to wait to see regular guest videos but will probably cancel.  

3 hours ago, Kayleigh said:

Do we know when this month it is expected to open? We are eager to see videos about the area! I'm hoping it lives up to the hype (worse case we cancel our purchase). I'm sure @Matt has a video planned for this 😉

According to a video I saw from a crew member there the beach will open with the first Icon sailing (which departs Miami on the 27th) - they had a party there fore the crew yesterday though for them to test things out 

One thing i noticed was the DJ music was quite loud so at least for the event, definitely going for a party/Las Vegas pool vibe

1 hour ago, Married2Grumpy said:

Can it be booked at this price and be cancelled if we change our minds?

Yes, you can cancel a cruise planner purchase prior to boarding or even after you board, but there is a time limit on how close you can cancel and get a refund/OBC.  I can't remember if it is 24 or 48 hours....so be sure that if you decide you want to cancel, that you understand what that time limit is and cancel prior to the cutoff.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, you can cancel a cruise planner purchase prior to boarding or even after you board, but there is a time limit on how close you can cancel and get a refund/OBC.  I can't remember if it is 24 or 48 hours....so be sure that if you decide you want to cancel, that you understand what that time limit is and cancel prior to the cutoff.

48 hours, with that cutoff being 48 hours prior to midnight on the day you sail.

I can't wait to try this out.  The beach club has become out of my price range.  I was fortunate to try that out during the covid comeback for under $70
Ill be trying the Hideaway early Feb iwth a friend and then end of Feb with family.  If I like it I will keep it for my March sailing, if not, I"ll cancel it.  My feb sailings were under $30, March was just above $30.  I'm sure this is a price point that I'll never see again.

edited to add.....especially looking forward to the heated pool as at times the ocean can be cold in Feb/March.

I am going to check it out solo on my May Symphony cruise…paid $33.99 Black Friday.  I also booked it for our September Utopia cruise.  I believe it was $38.99?  If I’m not impressed in May…I will cancel the September bookings.  I am certainly not of the younger generation any longer so it will be 🤔 interesting 🤨 to see what the average age will be…most likely not mine!  😜 

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

48 hours, with that cutoff being 48 hours prior to midnight on the day you sail.

I have been able to cancel 48 hours prior to the excursion while onboard.  I did this last May of 2023 after my wife got cold feet about a Snuba excursion in Cozumel.  The shore excursion desk was helpful and refunded the excursion price we paid in the planner before getting on board.

9 hours ago, DoomSlayer said:

I have been able to cancel 48 hours prior to the excursion while onboard.  I did this last May of 2023 after my wife got cold feet about a Snuba excursion in Cozumel.  The shore excursion desk was helpful and refunded the excursion price we paid in the planner before getting on board.

Onboard yes. But the cruise planner locks you out at that 48 hour mark.