"Trashy" Behavior

John-NC

So, my wife and I were on our Independence balcony while in Perfect Day this weekend.  It was later in the day after we had decided to come back on board.

We looked across at the balconies on Freedom when we saw a lady take a bag out and just dump it out over her railing.  I saw some papers and other items fall out.  I'm normally a live and let live kind of guy, but why the heck would someone do that?  Littering on land is aggravating, but on a ship, the cabin steward would have taken the trash out.  It requires little effort to get something in a trash can.

This is standard operating procedure for the characters that embark on Freedom for a weekend of partying out of Miami. After living in SoFL my entire life I do t even bat an eye at this. On any given Monday down here on the 826 there are degenerates tossing kittens out of their car window going 70mph, shooting at each other exc. I can’t stand the act of littering but it’s mild in comparison to the other crap going down in this world. 

Its illegal and against RC policies to throw anything into the ocean from the balcony or otherwise.

There are hundreds of video cameras all over the ships public areas and this includes the exterior of the ship.

It would not surprise me if this action was not caught on one of those cameras.

All it would take is a call to security. They would probably review the appropriate video and take action if it was indeed recorded.

that was NOT what I expected when I clicked this topic....I was certain it was going to be about something as "normal" as people leaving their trash around the ship.....

what was even in the bag that it had to be disposed of at sea? That doesn't just seem rude and against the rules...seems suspicious to me

I clicked on this thinking it might be Indy, and describing the trashy behavior we saw on our last cruise on her, which convinced us we're never taking less than 5 night cruises and never from Port Canaveral again... alas, it was about Indy, but not about drunk topless lap dances in the hot tubs while kiddies are watching a movie by the pool in the early evening. Sigh. 

6 hours ago, Bowen said:

I wonder if it was possibly someone disposing of their loved ones ashes and including a note? I’m trying to see the best here, but it’s a reach.

In port?

I'm not sure that would be better than garbage when you consider other cabins.  If someone higher up dumps something and it blows back on me when I'm on my balcony would I prefer it be a chip bag or the ashes of their loved ones?  I think the chip bag.

23 hours ago, Momof4crazytocruise said:

I clicked on this thinking it might be Indy, and describing the trashy behavior we saw on our last cruise on her, which convinced us we're never taking less than 5 night cruises and never from Port Canaveral again... alas, it was about Indy, but not about drunk topless lap dances in the hot tubs while kiddies are watching a movie by the pool in the early evening. Sigh. 

We're going to need to see photos to verify that this even happened.   TIC

On 9/12/2023 at 2:19 PM, Ampurp85 said:

There is often really questionable behavior on shorter cruises. . 

From what we were told on Nav last year, they run 3 and 4 day cruises then a full week (which is what we were on) and back to the 3 and 4 day...the crew does not like the shorter cruises because of the behavior and work load. I asked some of the crew on Allure what they thought of going to the shorter cruises when it moves to Florida and none of them were looking forward to it.

20 hours ago, Mike n Ky said:

From what we were told on Nav last year, they run 3 and 4 day cruises then a full week (which is what we were on) and back to the 3 and 4 day...the crew does not like the shorter cruises because of the behavior and work load. I asked some of the crew on Allure what they thought of going to the shorter cruises when it moves to Florida and none of them were looking forward to it.

That’s purely a turnover issue I’m guessing. Much better for the crew to turn over that big ship every 7 days. 

On 9/16/2023 at 10:14 AM, tonyfsu21 said:

That’s purely a turnover issue I’m guessing. Much better for the crew to turn over that big ship every 7 days. 

I think behavior has a lot to do with it as well.  A shorter cruise is a cheaper cruise, and that in and of itself invites a younger more boisterous crowd.  I bet the public area clean up "incidents" happen at a much higher rate on short cruise.

On 9/12/2023 at 3:31 PM, Momof4crazytocruise said:

Was there an upcharge to attend this event?

On 9/18/2023 at 11:53 AM, RCVoyager said:

I think behavior has a lot to do with it as well.  A shorter cruise is a cheaper cruise, and that in and of itself invites a younger more boisterous crowd.  I bet the public area clean up "incidents" happen at a much higher rate on short cruise.

I would bet you are correct. The 7 days voyages tend to be more family focused. I can’t imagine what a dumpster fire a 3 day sailing on Carnival would be! 

On 9/21/2023 at 6:51 AM, KJ777 said:

@tonyfsu21 Total dumpster on Carnival!  We cruised on them ONCE - never again!

This forum is about opinions, Carnival included.  My wife and I haven't cruised since Covid.  Thankfully, we are finally going on a cruise in two weeks.  And the choice is:  The Carnival Mardi Gras. 

The choice was not hard for us.  First, my wife wants to go to Grand Turk.  Carnival owns the pier there.  Second, the food choices, and importantly, the included food choices are better on Carnival... in our opinion.  From a Pre-Covid memory, the menus are at least equal on Carnival... maybe better.  And the Chocolate Melting Cake, available nightly, is the best desert we've had on a cruise.  All of this is opinion of course.

I should mention, the Mardi Gras is a new ship.  We only considered the Magic, the Breeze, or other newer Carnival ships.  I would agree with most here, Carnival's older ships are farther past their prime than Royal's older ships.