Crown & Anchor newbie

We embark on our second cruise at the end of the month and looking at our SetSail passes with a whopping 4 points (I’m sure they will accumulate quickly since this our vacation of choice now ) we are C&A Gold members. 
My question does this really matter until we are Diamond or beyond? I never see anyone when posting stating they are a Gold member, Lol. 

3 minutes ago, SewerUrchin43 said:

We embark on our second cruise at the end of the month and looking at our SetSail passes with a whopping 4 points (I’m sure they will accumulate quickly since this our vacation of choice now ) we are C&A Gold members. 
My question does this really matter until we are Diamond or beyond? I never see anyone when posting stating they are a Gold member, Lol. 

Not really. Diamond is a huge jump in perks. But maybe there's something that you find value in...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

I think some of the Diamond people forget what is like to have nothing.  You get some nice discounts while on board.  The one I use is 50% of the Johnny Rockets milkshake.

Here are all the benefits for each level:  Crown and Anchor Member Benefits (royalcaribbean.com)

17 hours ago, SewerUrchin43 said:

As stated above, there are a few nice perks for being Gold but you are correct in that the real perks come at Diamond.  The free drinks and use of the Diamond Lounge are the perks I value the most.  I also don't think there is enough of a difference in perks as you progress to Platinum, Emerald, etc on the way to Diamond.

Keep cruising and you will find yourself at Diamond before you know it.

As we worked our way up the tier ladder we would always go over the list anticipating what we could use at each level. Taking advantage of the discounts and perks always made us want that "next" level. Getting the robes was a big deal and the wife always asks for these first thing from our stateroom attendant. Have fun and enjoy each and every day on your cruises.

18 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

As stated above, there are a few nice perks for being Gold but you are correct in that the real perks come at Diamond.  The free drinks and use of the Diamond Lounge are the perks I value the most.

Same here (probably a common answer).

12 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Taking advantage of the discounts and perks always made us want that "next" level.

Yep. We were very happy and content to reach Diamond but are now looking forward to the extra drinks, the BOGO meals, and extra internet days at D+ after our next cruise.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Don't forget the free bag of laundry on 5+ day cruises !  That's a huge benefit at D+

I did forget about it until I saw someone mention it recently. We pretty much do nothing but 7 night cruises and don't fly so we always just have one suitcase each and we carry on a small beach bag or backpack. This means packing less b/c we can get free laundry done wouldn't change a whole lot. It would be more useful to us on a longer cruise.

My wife was going to use it for her workout clothes (she used to run, now walks the track most mornings) instead of a quick Woolite cleaning in the sink like she does now).

Is this the laundry that is limited to certain items? We don't get dressed up and she probably wouldn't trust them with a casual dress anyway but figured I'd ask. I really haven't looked into it.

55 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Is this the laundry that is limited to certain items? We don't get dressed up and she probably wouldn't trust them with a casual dress anyway but figured I'd ask. I really haven't looked into it.

We have never limited ourselves on what we include in our wash & fold laundry but I have read that some people have been limited.  We have always gotten whatever we wanted washed, washed.  I guess my luck could run out at some point....

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We have never limited ourselves on what we include in our wash & fold laundry but I have read that some people have been limited.  We have always gotten whatever we wanted washed, washed.  I guess my luck could run out at some point....

Thanks, I was just curious. Like I said, we wouldn't really have anything that wasn't very basic and casual anyway.

Still not sure I'd bother for 7 nights. We pack pretty light so bringing a few less items wouldn't change much for us. If I'm wheeling one suitcase to and from my car, making it a slightly smaller suitcase isn't that big of a deal.

If we took longer cruises or had to fly I think it would hold far more value.

There are 2 laundry “lists” in your cabin.  1 is the wash & fold and it’s a very limited list of items on this list.  There is no $$ charge listed.  This is the one that is supposed to be used for the complimentary D+ perk.  There is a much more comprehensive list that includes $$ charges.  This list is what you use if you are paying for laundry.

I have always used the bigger, more comprehensive list when sending out laundry.  I simply put a big X through the charges and write, in big letters, D+ N/C.  Never once have I ever been questioned about my laundry contents nor been charged anything.  I have sent out virtually everything from underwear to shorts, jeans and tops to evening dress pants sets.  I read constantly that people are afraid that their clothes will be shrunk or faded or somehow damaged.  This has never ever been my experience.  We always send out a bag each.  It’s very nice to bring clean clothes home rather than all dirty clothes.  I love, love, love this perk. 

I recently read that they are going to limit the laundry amenity to 1 day per cruise.  That’s fine.  I will send both bags at once.  Not as convenient as twice per week but doable.  It still beats going home with all dirty clothes !

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks, I was just curious. Like I said, we wouldn't really have anything that wasn't very basic and casual anyway.

Still not sure I'd bother for 7 nights. We pack pretty light so bringing a few less items wouldn't change much for us. If I'm wheeling one suitcase to and from my car, making it a slightly smaller suitcase isn't that big of a deal.

If we took longer cruises or had to fly I think it would hold far more value.

And you can always get some laundry done so you can go home with some clean clothes.