Finding Harmony on Harmony??? HM 3/11/2023 – 3/18/2023

Lovetocruise2002

12 hours ago, GregD said:

we got beat up by a storm too. This is what I woke up to

You got something way worse than we did!

12 hours ago, GregD said:

I convinced one of my coworkers, and he booked a GS on Harmony the same week we are going next year......next step...Star Class!!!!

Hush! Sky class is terrible, Star class is terrible too lol

Cruising often has some "on land" perks. I decided to pack this afternoon since I anticipate the rest of the work week leading up to Friday to get pretty busy. Packing done in just a little over an hour! I am getting better at this. That's record time for me 🤗

Toiletries is another mountain that I will have to tackle another day. For those out there who are product junkies like me, you know what sort of challenge that is 😉

25 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Cruising often has some "on land" perks. I decided to pack this afternoon since I anticipate the rest of the work week leading up to Friday to get pretty busy. Packing done in just a little over an hour! I am getting better at this. That's record time for me 🤗

Toiletries is another mountain that I will have to tackle another day. For those out there who are product junkies like me, you know what sort of challenge that is 😉

oh i’m so glad i’m not the only one who packs like a week out!!!!

my packing list(s) is wild and the toiletries easily take up half of the page — i am WITH you on the product junkie status 😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

oh i’m so glad i’m not the only one who packs like a week out!!!!

I normally don't. But since we leave right after I am done work on Friday, I figured I need to this time. The downside is that my outfits will be very wrinkled. Good thing I am Lulu junkie too lol

48 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Lovetocruise2002 So glad I found your blog this a.m. Following and looking forward to your adventure! Life has been a roller coaster as of late, thank you so much for bringing us along! 

It's always good to have you along!

35 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I am following. One day I will be star class. 

That is where it starts! 😉

On 3/5/2023 at 3:57 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have to deal with this all the time with Heather. She is a chronic overpacked to start with, then we add in all of the products. It's always a gamble on the will we be overweight with our bags or not. 

1 hour ago, GregD said:

I have to deal with this all the time with Heather. She is a chronic overpacked to start with, then we add in all of the products. It's always a gamble on the will we be overweight with our bags or not. 

Tell The Boss that if she invests in Beis luggage, it will never be overweight. Their rollers contain a weight limit indicator 😉

1 hour ago, Yesiamthere6 said:

Excited to hear what your parents think of star class.

I don’t know if I am excited or dreading it. I am sure my Dad will be going on and on about how inside life is best and “most practical”. My Dad is as sensible and practical as they come. I am sure I am a disappointment since I am the other extreme 😂

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I don’t know if I am excited or dreading it. I am sure my Dad will be going on and on about how inside life is best and “most practical”. My Dad is as sensible and practical as they come. I am sure I am a disappointment since I am the other extreme 😂

I least you only have to worry about your father being tight with money.  I have a husband that I have to worry about. I am in the middle.  There are things that are worth splurging on and things that are not. 

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

I have a husband that I have to worry about.

Well, you know how what they say about marrying people like your Father...Hubby is more on the side of my Dad than me. I guess we balance each other out? lol

1 hour ago, beccaball said:

Please post any cruise compasses....

I will if they are giving them out. The last few cruises that we have sailed out, they have gone the way of the app. They don't leave paper copies in your cabin anymore.

So you took your family on a cruise this week and I'm stuck with Earl for a week? I thought we agreed he'd sail with you on Spring Break going forward!

Looks like we're missing you by one day at St. Thomas and CocoCay (on Wonder).

Can you list your Windjammer dinner plans and how you're scheduling all your meals there?

51 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will if they are giving them out. The last few cruises that we have sailed out, they have gone the way of the app. They don't leave paper copies in your cabin anymore.

I think you know this, but you can go to the same URL every day and get a PDF copy of the Cruise Compass digitally that you can save. Just gotta remember to visit the link each day and save it.

https://minio.rccl.com/compass/cruisecompass.pdf (link only works once onboard the ship on the wifi)

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can you list your Windjammer dinner plans and how you're scheduling all your meals there?

I will get Hubby right on that! 😂

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think you know this, but you can go to the same URL every day and get a PDF copy of the Cruise Compass digitally that you can save. Just gotta remember to visit the link each day and save it.

https://minio.rccl.com/compass/cruisecompass.pdf (link only works once onboard the ship on the wifi)

Actually no, I did not know that. Ever since they went green, I have just been using the app. For me, that is much easier.

Yayyyyou! It’s VILLA time at last!!!  I know you’ll find “harmony” and tons of great times🙌🏽

We were on the Symphony Xmas and our 3 adult kids literally did Rock Paper Scissors to decide who got the two masters.🙂Between the living area, dining space, hot tub, outdoor banquet table, wet bar we spent more family time in the Villa than we ever spent in any Star Class suite (ATS, Star loft, Panos etc).   Villa will not disappoint.

All rooms are a good size so it’s a win-win situation, but the 2 masters conveniently located off the living area and leading directly onto the deck are outrageously convenient and very dreamy to wake up and greet the ocean. 💕Your parents are in for a real treat💕
*From one deck 17 snob to another, the Villa (even thought  not on deck 17) Is our new favorite suite for any number over 2 guests. Please let me know your thoughts.  It’s not a loft lol but i’m kinda glad we have a couple more advanced bookings. 
 Warning: the 2 masters are fabulous but the master (and bathroom🙄)with the door opening to balcony def got more pedestrian (family traffic) 😂. Have too much fun; I’m looking forward to following along😎

2 hours ago, MamaShark said:

We were on the Symphony Xmas and our 3 adult kids literally did Rock Paper Scissors to decide who got the two masters.

We did not Rock, Paper, Scissors or pull straws. It was an easy choice for us.

Have too much fun; I’m looking forward to following along😎

It is always good to have you following along!

We were on the Symphony Xmas

I remember your pictures and hope that we will have just as wonderful memories as your family!

On 3/6/2023 at 5:02 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tell The Boss that if she invests in Beis luggage, it will never be overweight. Their rollers contain a weight limit indicator 😉

Usually she ends up putting things in my suitcase since I can usually fit a weeks worth of things in a carryon. I will check them out though. After her bag got smoooooshed on this last trip she's looking at a hard shell case. 

23 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Why cruise gods? Why? Is it because I started this blog a week early? I am seriously starting to freak out over here. This cannot be happening for a second year in a row!

It looks like they are talking about 1cm an hour. Hopefully the airport can keep up with that snow removal. 

1 hour ago, GregD said:

It looks like they are talking about 1cm an hour. Hopefully the airport can keep up with that snow removal. 

I need a “fingers crossed” reaction. Let’s hope they can keep up. It’s not even like I can pay more to change my flight to earlier. I am stuck at work until 2:45pm on Friday. 

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I need a “fingers crossed” reaction. Let’s hope they can keep up. It’s not even like I can pay more to change my flight to earlier. I am stuck at work until 2:45pm on Friday. 

Are you sure you don't "feel like you're coming down with something"?

Sick Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

14 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Why cruise gods? Why? Is it because I started this blog a week early? I am seriously starting to freak out over here. This cannot be happening for a second year in a row!

Detroit feels close enough to Chicago for me to offer the hopefully accurate news that the snow should be Friday morning/midday rather than evening so hopefully you're good.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Detroit feels close enough to Chicago for me to offer the hopefully accurate news that the snow should be Friday morning/midday rather than evening so hopefully you're good.

I am afraid of the domino effect of flight cancellations. I am also really worried about the flight that my parents and sister are on. They are taking the 1:50pm flight down to FLL. 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am afraid of the domino effect of flight cancellations. I am also really worried about the flight that my parents and sister are on. They are taking the 1:50pm flight down to FLL. 

If your parents and sisters can swing it, they may be able to get on standby for either tonight or early tomorrow morning flights.  With bad weather coming in, most airlines will help their passengers get out of the area before the storm hits.

Yes, my fingers are cross. 🤞

38 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

If your parents and sisters can swing it, they may be able to get on standby for either tonight or early tomorrow morning flights.  With bad weather coming in, most airlines will help their passengers get out of the area before the storm hits.

Yes, my fingers are cross. 🤞

Yeah, unfortunately my parents and sister are not that spontaneous. If I did not have to work tomorrow, I would have tried my best to get out of here by today.