๐ŸŽŠโš“Shining, Shimmering, Splendid! NYE SY 12/31/22 โ€“ 01/07/23๐ŸŽŠโš“

Lovetocruise2002

6 hours ago, Neesa said:

I often wonder why guest services is packed on boarding day. Maybe people placing cash on Sea pass cards? Getting extra keys? Asking for possible upgrades (newbie guests) Removing gratuity? Inquiring minds want to know! Lol! Just beautiful, it's raining here. Have a fantastic journey. Symphony always escapes me....maybe one day!

"I was promised a sea view and can only see the cruise terminals!"

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hiro was great! Kids loved it. @bellemicheย you will be happy to know that we sat in the exact same spots as OA and we stayed dry the entire time! I will admit that I was a bit nervous lol.

Videos posted on IG story.

@Lovetocruise2002I just saw your IGย  and was going to ask if you stayed dry! ๐Ÿคฃ

Rewind back to last night. @Yesiamthere6ย this answers your question on where the people who donโ€™t want to pay $1000 seat go. Lol

I did not stay very long at all. It was way too crazy. It seemed way crazier than I remember from Indy back in 2018. At one point I thought the $1000 seats might be worth it to escape the madness. ๐Ÿ˜‚ no way Hubby would go for that.ย 
B7403F80-A6F1-46BA-BAAA-461543FACD6D.thumb.jpeg.fb5439eee2ced94cae0116f3d7d865c6.jpeg

C0D9E387-E540-467A-8122-52CAF333D110.thumb.jpeg.87cf8d8e7b92a138272dced49d17cf26.jpeg

ย 

This morning, because I am a creature of habit, I headed to CK for breakfast. Hubby later joined me. I was commenting to Hubby that the last time we sailed SY, I was not a fan of their CK. Something was up with their quality of food compared to CK on other ships. Last night and this morning, the food was really good. Looking positive. Weโ€™ll see how the rest of the week goes.

After breakfast, we ventured down to the Top Tier event in the Aqua Theatre. There was no water performance, but there was an aerial one. Clo, the CD was also there.ย 
ย 

94157588-A89C-4523-8DF6-57F465FA319B.thumb.jpeg.94b7dac76f25f624f5efdfbebc94b615.jpeg

40B9E389-6800-456B-A1B7-9B4F2E389BD7.thumb.jpeg.f739226bb81f14b3ec829018c01d16b8.jpeg

587D3087-A03A-4F2C-A6F8-68B93B32344B.thumb.jpeg.fb05503632d2267958d771c37d8a337f.jpeg

ย 

14 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Happy New Year!ย  Can imagine how crazy Promenade is for New Year's Eve, especially on Oasis class.ย  Wondering if they had other areas on the ship where things went on?ย  Or was it really just the Promenade?

There was. On the paper that I posted earlier yesterday, there were events on deck and Boleros and a few other places. But the kids wanted the balloon drop. They were making fun of me because they said I should have went to the โ€œNew Years Chill Outโ€ in the Aqua Theatre. That actually sounded pretty good to me lol

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This morning, because I am a creature of habit, I headed to CK for breakfast. Hubby later joined me. I was commenting to Hubby that the last time we sailed SY, I was not a fan of their CK. Something was up with their quality of food compared to CK on other ships. Last night and this morning, the food was really good. Looking positive. Weโ€™ll see how the rest of the week goes.

I was wondering what you thought of the CK food. I know how impressed you are with the CK on Anthem and whether or not this is living up to your expectations.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I may have something booked in 2024 that hits one cruise goal ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Can't wait to hear what it is!!

23 hours ago, Neesa said:

I often wonder why guest services is packed on boarding day. Maybe people placing cash on Sea pass cards? Getting extra keys? Asking for possible upgrades (newbie guests) Removing gratuity? Inquiring minds want to know! Lol! Just beautiful, it's raining here. Have a fantastic journey. Symphony always escapes me....maybe one day!

Great question, I did that one time on arrival day,one and only time I had sea pass card on a lanyard, super windy day on top deck, look down, no sea pass card, I went down and stood in line for at least 45 minutes, other than that, I have no clue.

@Lovetocruise2002ย I just saw the IG pictures with the music, it brought tears of joy to my eyes. Thanks so much for sharing this new adventure. Since Iย  met you guys it makes your Symphony sailing even more special. I felt I was missing sailing on her but through you I feel as if I am experiencing her as well. I appreciate you taking us on this journey. May God bless you and keep you, Happy 2023!

3 hours ago, GregD said:

I was wondering what you thought of the CK food. I know how impressed you are with the CK on Anthem and whether or not this is living up to your expectations.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/8aa4f36e7565a4cb186d49ce62dac8eaa12c338e3eaee0cccb1168d9e5d52f7c/1280/https://media4.giphy.com/media/S9i8jJxTvAKVHVMvvW/200.gif

Can't wait to hear what it is!!

Time will tell. Donโ€™t want to jinx it lol

47 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Lovetocruise2002ย I just saw the IG pictures with the music, it brought tears of joy to my eyes. Thanks so much for sharing this new adventure. Since Iย  met you guys it makes your Symphony sailing even more special. I felt I was missing sailing on her but through you I feel as if I am experiencing her as well. I appreciate you taking us on this journey. May God bless you and keep you, Happy 2023!

Youโ€™re the best @Neesa! Have you been on Harmony? Symphony is pretty identical. Let me know if there is anything specific you want us to check out for you.ย 

This is the card that we found outside our door this morning to confirm our session. We booked online but you cannot choose a time. When you get onboard, you are supposed to visit the portrait studio to pick a time. When we got onboard, this was our first stop yesterday. No one was there. Then I wandered up to the suite lounge while the family was at El Loco and Mohamed (our suite concierge) helped me make the appointment.ย 
ย 

5F4207F8-0FDB-4DFB-A9A3-39693917D3D1.thumb.jpeg.20415af0aae6e9a20b6302e31d39c9be.jpeg

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

loving all your pics and updates!!!

and hairspray!!! i love hairspray!! hope they will still be showing it when weโ€™re on her in februaryย ๐Ÿ˜ย 

hope the show goes well and you all have a great cruiseย ๐Ÿ’š

They donโ€™t change their Broadway shows so unless there is some technical difficulties that prevent the show from happening, you will more than likely be able to see it.ย 

Sometimes life is funny and you donโ€™t appreciate something the first time, but do later. Sometimes, other things in your life give you fresh perspective on something totally unrelated. All this happened tonight while I was watching Hairspray.ย 
ย 

I did not care for this show too much the first time I saw in back in 2019 on this ship. Better than Cats but not my type of Broadway production. However, for reasons I wonโ€™t dive too far into, there have been events in life, the last year and a half or so, that allow me to view this show with a fresh pair of eyes, and for that reason, I quite enjoyed the show tonight and appreciated the storyline more.

Hubby still does not care too much for this production. The girls also rated it mediocre. But the disclaimer here is this is not their genre either. D14 is a Hamilton musical type of kid, D16 and Hubby (as I have mentioned before) like musicals like Les Miz and Miss Saigon.ย 
ย 

We were all in agreement though that this is light years better than Cats ๐Ÿ˜‰

Today in Roatan we did the Gumbalimba Preservation Park tour.
ย 

D14 really loves nature and animals and we thought this might be something that she would enjoy.ย 
ย 

Tickets were left in our cabin on boarding day and the instructions were to meet on the pier. Our suite concierges, Mohamed and JJ did offer expedited service to the gangway. This means that they bypass the stops on the elevator from Deck 17 down to the gangway.ย 
ย 

After we got to the pier, we hopped on a bus with a tour guide. The bus had a capacity of about 20 people. This forms the tour group for the morning.ย 
ย 

5E1F2EB2-2A96-4499-AC08-2F53C8E18FC5.thumb.jpeg.ee4cabfe6afe322219651165e3ea6148.jpeg

The way to Gumbalimba Park takes you through the main road here in Roatan. Itโ€™s winding and the posted speed limits are merely a โ€œsuggestionโ€. If you are prone to motion sickness, itโ€™s best to take something before you get on the bus.ย 

After we got to the park, it was strongly suggested that we lock up our belongings in lockers. This was my first hint that this excursion is not for me lol. Apparently, the monkeys are quite smart and could rob you should you have anything out.ย 
ย 

After locking up our belongings. We headed to an insectarium. I assumed that it would be fairly dry, but I was interesting to see some of the biodiversity on the island.ย 
ย 

B0C8AE77-9F6E-464C-8CAA-D8688EA43288.thumb.jpeg.0a7a74cca326a5671872af958b41ccdf.jpeg

31BD7DD5-419A-4565-A047-982A2F4BCB43.thumb.jpeg.b2bc4fdda4b64ef3f3d5ef2d80682a80.jpeg

FCDAF885-66DC-404D-8AB6-E34AD527F559.thumb.jpeg.8fb56b6cc92fc814ba5743e18bfa9d53.jpeg

18B76ACA-7D1C-47C5-8846-31E527C8B211.thumb.jpeg.87802eae4dc344589ed65eca6bb41d8a.jpeg

After the Insectarium, we headed to Coxenโ€™s Cave, a โ€œmuseum likeโ€ area dedicated to telling Roatanโ€™s history. It was here that our guide briefed us on the upcoming monkey area. He told us that the monkeys roam freely and not to panic if one jumps on you. He also noted that monkeys have been known to unzip belongings or even take glasses and belongings from people. That was enough for me. I think others thought I was joking when I asked where I could wait if I did not want to see the monkeys lol. For those who donโ€™t know me well, I am not an animal person. I donโ€™t even like dogs, monkeys is way too much of stretch for me.ย 
91E051FF-A9D8-438B-A048-9BB8D2E736B1.thumb.jpeg.946b6c3bb9dd886746e73330124e5afa.jpeg

F396DE5E-6EDD-4115-A209-4DE7C44BCB3C.thumb.jpeg.16f5c276d03d122de950523f34005ae7.jpeg

From Coxenโ€™s Cave we headed across a suspension bridge to visit the parkโ€™s macaws. There was an opportunity here to take photos with the macaws. Park staff took photos that could be purchased but many were using their own cameras as well.ย 
9EF97072-48A7-41E9-A268-58E6E53BE1C9.thumb.jpeg.fc81542d0e2e128cd8daaf621ddc340f.jpeg
ย 

25F3B5C5-48CC-44D2-858D-2829B6373874.thumb.jpeg.18aa643aba706865309eb3f957edd139.jpeg

D4E04068-4125-477E-A055-9007A39EA8C5.thumb.jpeg.174c233a6f2ecc0a969ca96234a1088b.jpeg

A9AF8333-E24C-43AB-8002-5D56DDD90615.thumb.jpeg.8c363600af469b19c7544411e3bd677d.jpeg

F5711D87-4526-4F40-9C4D-FE8D7EF94068.thumb.jpeg.e0ef406c9de4efc89ebbf49ae0685b8e.jpeg

After visiting the macaws, it was time to head to the monkey area. We were once again reminded to stow all lose items, get rid of our water bottles, and not panic if you encounter a monkey. Hubby and the kids went ahead and I stayed behind in the macaw area to wait for them to loop back around. As bad luck would have it, I encountered a monkey while waiting for them. I watched from a safe distance while the monkey dived into the recycle bin, took a Gatorade bottle, unscrewed it, and drank the leftovers like any normal person would. At that point, a trainer came by to scare monkey away and I breathed a sigh of relief. ย 
ย 

Hubby and and girls came back around with the group and we made our way back out of the park. But not before stopping to look at some iguanas. As we walked to see the iguanas, some people from group informed me that I was smart to hang back. Apparently monkeys stealing your belongings is not the worst problem. You might want to bring a change of clothing after the monkey encounter as well. I will let you all make your inferences here ๐Ÿ˜‰
A5A32798-B3FA-4FD4-9A5F-1E7953C82181.thumb.jpeg.f5577ea3b2df18c6b7cd43047c7fb857.jpeg

F7D2DFAA-FF3D-41DA-9D05-FF4568469877.thumb.jpeg.d7d7e5e5f371fed268a7c9a3fdd05a18.jpeg

The tour takes you in a loop back to where you started. From this point you have the option to remain and use the beach or pool, or head back on a bus to the ship. We decided to head back because they need 20 people to fill a bus before they will go back to the ship. We did not want to get stuck there too long so we opted to head back right away with a few others from our tour group.

Overall the family enjoyed this excursion. Itโ€™s about three and a half hours long with 40 mins of that being travel time (20 there and 20 back). On board pricing is $64.99pp but we got it for $49.99 on the cruise planner with the Black Friday sale.ย 

ย 

ย 

Back on board now. Lunch at El Loco again. This is probably my most favourite โ€œquick biteโ€ place to eat on the ships that have this. I could eat this every day of the cruise.ย 

46177125-71A8-4350-9AC6-94798F4698FD.thumb.jpeg.fccd944d8e54f85ebbea41ab778b6b4b.jpeg

Everyone is now fed and napping. Well, everyone expect the Home Genie.ย 

I am laughing so hard reading about your time Roatan. It's one of our favorite places to visit, but we ARE animal people, so holding sloths and getting.....umm..."loved on" by the monkeys doesn't necessarily bother us. I do have to take a cold shower once back on the ship though.ย 

I can picture the teenager bargaining about breakfast. I feel I am not too far away from these same conversations!

ย 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ugh. ย I never thought about a monkey soiling my clothes. ย Ick. ย 

Same here! Now I have more reasons not to do these excursions.ย 

2 hours ago, Sweety said:

I am not fond of monkeys jumping on me.

Trust me, I had no trouble saying no thanks. I did get some strange looks though. Good thing I could care less lol

25 minutes ago, GregD said:

I am laughing so hard reading about your time Roatan. It's one of our favorite places to visit, but we ARE animal people, so holding sloths and getting.....umm..."loved on" by the monkeys doesn't necessarily bother us. I do have to take a cold shower once back on the ship though.ย 

I can picture the teenager bargaining about breakfast. I feel I am not too far away from these same conversations!

ย 

If we ever sail together again, remind me to tell you a story about me, cows, and a bunch of Grade 1s. You will laugh even harder, I promise. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am with you, I loathe monkeys. I can do so many other animals but not monkeys.

When I was younger, I went on a field trip to a special zoo that let the animal's roam. I saw a monkey peeing in its own mouth and was like nope, I'm out. The tragic part was my field trip buddy was playing with one who kept scratching his butt and sticking his monkey paws into my buddy's ear. He ended up getting a bacterial infection he couldn't fight; I was 7 and it traumatized me.

We have Roatan on Allure and my family saw the BF deal for $47.99pp forย Gumbalimba Park, I told them you will be going withoutย me.

54 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If we ever sail together again, remind me to tell you a story about me, cows, and a bunch of Grade 1s. You will laugh even harder, I promise. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think I have a story that could beat your cow story.ย  I was about 6 years old when a cow stepped on my foot.ย  Thank goodness the ground was soft with who knows what.ย  My father, in trying to get me to stop crying, put me on the cow's back and let me ride him like you would a horse.ย  Yes, it got me to stop crying.ย ย 

2 hours ago, bellemiche said:

I was picturing your reaction while all this "monkey business" was happening! ๐Ÿ˜‚

You didn't get a picture of the monkey drinking a Gatorade? Or were you afraid it would steal your phone! ๐Ÿคช

ย 

I know you can totally picture it! And believe me, I debated taking my phone out for that Gatorade pic but then I was afraid the monkey would trade the Gatorade for my phone.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am with you, I loathe monkeys. I can do so many other animals but not monkeys.

I donโ€™t like animals period. Lol

2 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I'm not even a fan of birds landing on me and hoping around my head and shoulders... My wife wants to see monkeys, me not so much! I love animals, but on my terms!ย ๐Ÿ˜†

I basically booked this excursion for my daughter. She loved it. My favourite part was seeing two tropical plants ๐Ÿ˜†

1 hour ago, FireFishII said:

I think I have a story that could beat your cow story.ย  I was about 6 years old when a cow stepped on my foot.ย  Thank goodness the ground was soft with who knows what.ย  My father, in trying to get me to stop crying, put me on the cow's back and let me ride him like you would a horse.ย  Yes, it got me to stop crying.ย ย 

I am pretty sure that my cow story beats yours lol