Jump to content

Free cruise offers


Recommended Posts

So I am sure someone on here has received a free cruise offers because from Casino Royale. How often do you need to play in the casino and how much money before you typically start receiving such offers? I have been told by someone they only spend like 20 dollars a cruise, but spend hours in the casino. I am just curious if anyone has any knowledge with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just returned from a 3-night cruise.  Overall, I spent about $800.  Immediately upon return, I checked the club royale offers website and saw a ton of free cruise offers, ranging from 2-night to 9 night cruises all over the world.  

On my cruise, I spoke with a lady who said she generally spends $200 and gets free cruises all the time.  The tiers, etc. are confusing because I thought I wouldn't qualify for a free cruise until I earned in 2,500 in points.  I'm just over 2,400 in points but still have the free cruise offers from the casino.

Log into clubroyaleoffers.com and view the available itineraries, you may be surprised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no rhythm or reason to most of the offers. The offers you get for gambling on a particular cruise are spelled out (the casino host has a print out). The offers you get on the Club Royale site just seem to pop in. We currently have 11 offers in our 2 accounts. Anywhere from $300 to 8 day balcony offers. We have done @14 Club Royale cruises since October and have 12 planned by March 2023. Not big gamblers, but consistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Chewie said:

I just returned from a 3-night cruise.  Overall, I spent about $800.  Immediately upon return, I checked the club royale offers website and saw a ton of free cruise offers, ranging from 2-night to 9 night cruises all over the world.  

On my cruise, I spoke with a lady who said she generally spends $200 and gets free cruises all the time.  The tiers, etc. are confusing because I thought I wouldn't qualify for a free cruise until I earned in 2,500 in points.  I'm just over 2,400 in points but still have the free cruise offers from the casino.

Log into clubroyaleoffers.com and view the available itineraries, you may be surprised.

When you hit 2,500 points you need to notify the casino host and they’ll sticker your card and you get free drinks in the casino for the remainder of your cruise.  Additionally you’ll be prime the remainder of this casino year (April 1 to March 31) AND you’ll be prime for next casino year.  (You are actually earning prime for next year, but they give you the perks this year as well)

the offers you receive are unrelated to your annual free cruise for being prime.  That gets awarded in April.    

BTW, check your seapass card once you’ve earned prime.  For some reason my husbands card did not have his prime status, a quick trip to the casino host and it was fixed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First, I would not believe everything I heard someone say in a casino.🤣

Second, when someone says they “only play “X” amount in the casino” that can mean different things.  They can mean once they play that amount they are done, that amount per day, or that amount per hand/spin.

There is also the difference between points and amount.  The initial amount you place into the machine may not correlate directly to the points you play through the machine.  For example, I put in $100 once on the last cruise and cashed out $80 a little later. Due to a few wins instead of accruing only $20 worth of points, I actually played long enough, or had enough spins/bets to get $105 worth of points.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ja-sun said:

So is all you have to do is present your seapass at the table and your automatically signed up?

or a slot machine. Always check for free play within the first two days. At least $2 up to $56 for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

When you hit 2,500 points you need to notify the casino host and they’ll sticker your card and you get free drinks in the casino for the remainder of your cruise.

Do you not get free drinks while gambling in the casino anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, memebag said:

Do you not get free drinks while gambling in the casino anyway?

As stated above.  No free drinks in the casino unless you earn Prime (2,500 points in a casino year -April 1-March 31)  or above prime.  You can use your drink package in the casino and if you are Diamond and up you can use your drink vouchers in the casino. 
everyone else pays whether playing or not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have around 3500 points and have consistently achieved Prime.  In the first half of this year, I get 1 if not 2 offers a month.  BUT I have not been getting any offers the last 3 months.  Any idea why that might be? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks in advance and have a great Labor Day weekend!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2022 at 1:37 PM, Chewie said:

I just returned from a 3-night cruise.  Overall, I spent about $800.  Immediately upon return, I checked the club royale offers website and saw a ton of free cruise offers, ranging from 2-night to 9 night cruises all over the world.  

On my cruise, I spoke with a lady who said she generally spends $200 and gets free cruises all the time.  The tiers, etc. are confusing because I thought I wouldn't qualify for a free cruise until I earned in 2,500 in points.  I'm just over 2,400 in points but still have the free cruise offers from the casino.

Log into clubroyaleoffers.com and view the available itineraries, you may be surprised.

OTOH table play yields next to no points.  I spent about 12 hours playing craps and walked away with 118 points and no offers.  I lost $175 during that time but I am pretty sure I wagered over $2k.  Had I wagered that much on a slot machine I'd have 400+ tier points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question in regards to this:  Are the cruise offers that you get from Casino Royale always "short time" -  do you have to sail in the next 2, 3 or  6 months?  We always plan our cruises over a year in advance so I don't know if this would be helpful or not.  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blulady said:

I have a question in regards to this:  Are the cruise offers that you get from Casino Royale always "short time" -  do you have to sail in the next 2, 3 or  6 months?  We always plan our cruises over a year in advance so I don't know if this would be helpful or not.  Thanks!

The offers are for specific itineraries and they provide a list. Most of the time the list is for more close-in sailings, within a couple of months.  Every so often the offers will be for further off low demand times.  If it's a comp they are offering you, since all you are paying are port fees & taxes, if you end up having to cancel you do get those back so even if you're not sure you can commit, you can still book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They need to figure out a better way to reward table players. Seems you only get credit for money you initially exchange for chips. Like if you buy in for $100, hit for $500 but end up playing it all back out in the same session, you only get credit for the $100 toward points. You do that at slots, you get credit for playing all $600. You are better off always quitting when you get a little bit ahead at tables, exchanging for cash, and then buying back in if you want to maximize points from table games. Big Pain in the butt IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Al Miller said:

They need to figure out a better way to reward table players. Seems you only get credit for money you initially exchange for chips. Like if you buy in for $100, hit for $500 but end up playing it all back out in the same session, you only get credit for the $100 toward points. You do that at slots, you get credit for playing all $600. You are better off always quitting when you get a little bit ahead at tables, exchanging for cash, and then buying back in if you want to maximize points from table games. Big Pain in the butt IMO.

That's all true, but I bet they make more from slots players. They may not want to encourage table play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So i was just on a cruise where I put $100 of on board credit from my sea pass into a slot machine. I played for awhile but was unaware of the  rewards program. Looking at it now it says you get 1 point for every $5 you play and you just swipe your card at the machine to join. Does that mean I earned 25 points?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, mac66 said:

So i was just on a cruise where I put $100 of on board credit from my sea pass into a slot machine. I played for awhile but was unaware of the  rewards program. Looking at it now it says you get 1 point for every $5 you play and you just swipe your card at the machine to join. Does that mean I earned 25 points?

No, just putting in the $100 gets no points.  You would have to play $100 worth of bets.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ndfan89 said:

I noticed you do not have any offers.  I do not either which was strange to me.   I emailed club royale thinking they have messed up my account (again). 

I didn't have any either when I entered my info at the same link, but starting off fresh from the direct www.clubroyaleoffers.com my offers came back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ndfan89 said:

I do not have any offers and I don’t understand.  They came to a screeching halt end of August 

I only have my tier and one that I earned on my last sailing.

I've never gotten any other offers.  When I filled out the NOT GETTING ANY OFFERS form on the menu they told me my email was linked to others, so I called them to fix that and still haven't gotten any offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I only have my tier and one that I earned on my last sailing.

I've never gotten any other offers.  When I filled out the NOT GETTING ANY OFFERS form on the menu they told me my email was linked to others, so I called them to fix that and still haven't gotten any offers.

Same for us. After getting numerous offers, taking 14 cruises in the past 12 months, attaining Signature Level (25,000 points) during the last shortened interval the hard way (no discount on number of points due to COVID) our offers have dried up this past month.  Other than what we earned on our last cruise, we have one offer left that ends tomorrow for next Jan ~ March. Sure wish they would get it together. Sure get loads from the other guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Same for us. After getting numerous offers, taking 14 cruises in the past 12 months, attaining Signature Level (25,000 points) during the last shortened interval the hard way (no discount on number of points due to COVID) our offers have dried up this past month.  Other than what we earned on our last cruise, we have one offer left that ends tomorrow for next Jan ~ March. Sure wish they would get it together. Sure get loads from the other guys.

They probably found me out. I got to prime at very little cost the first time last year. I've since earned prime already for next year, so I don't have to even spend time in the casino other than at the bar for my free drinks until March 31, 2023 😂.  And then I have until March 31, 2024 to earn prime again for the following year.

I never once got a comp that wasn't earned on my way to prime either. No absolute freebies for me.

If I had more vacation time I would casino hop among the other cruise line offers until they figured me out as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, LCWind said:

I have around 3500 points and have consistently achieved Prime.  In the first half of this year, I get 1 if not 2 offers a month.  BUT I have not been getting any offers the last 3 months.  Any idea why that might be? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks in advance and have a great Labor Day weekend!

We haven't been getting offers either and just achieved Prime for all of next year.  I spoke with the casino host and was told they would send an email but nothing yet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stopped getting offers, so I called today because I planned to book a cruise and wanted to see what offers were available.  Rep said once you claim you free annual cruise, they won't give offers for a while.  I don't know how true this is but she said I should get something in the next 4-6 weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We haven’t had a casino offer in months and it’s been over 2 years since we used an annual comp so not sure I believe that one, @Ampurp85.  I figure we aren’t getting offers b/c we haven’t resumed cruising yet and people who have been cruising a lot are being told they’re not getting offer b/c they are cruising too much !  I think they’re just making it all up.  They tell you that “many factors go into offering casino comp cruises” but IMO the biggest factor in offering casino comps is how full their bookings are.  They are not going to offer reduced price or free cruises on ships that are selling well.  Why give away what you can sell ?  So, in my mind, until demand goes down, casino comp offers aren’t going to be rushing in.  I’m sure there are folks still getting offers but I don’t think they are at the pace that they have been, in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

 They tell you that “many factors go into offering casino comp cruises” but IMO the biggest factor in offering casino comps is how full their bookings are.  They are not going to offer reduced price or free cruises on ships that are selling well.  Why give away what you can sell ?  So, in my mind, until demand goes down, casino comp offers aren’t going to be rushing in.  I’m sure there are folks still getting offers but I don’t think they are at the pace that they have been, in the past.

My husband sailed in February completing prime.  He has had numerous  free offers on his casino account since that time. I had already been prime and had the free offers early in the year.  I booked some free offers and since May I’ve had zero offers, not even a $100 off a cruise.  Hubby has monthly  $ off, as well as free cruises.  Unfortunately he can’t take the time off work to use them.

 My last “offer” was EARNED on my Oasis cruise last month.
I’ve contacted Club Royale on and  off  over the months and they have no statement that makes sense as to why he gets offers and I do not. 

Ive heard people say having “too many” cruises booked could mean less offers.  That could possibly be the case for me, with bookings Sept-earned comp from May cruise, Oct-paid, Nov-annual tiercomp, Jan comp from Aug cruise, and 2 in Feb-paid.  I’ll revisit my onboard gambling if I don’t get free offers vs. earned offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Between my wife and I, we've had @50-70 offers between Oct. 21 and now, She is Prime. I am Signature. Offers go from $200 to Jr. Suite. Majority balconies for me and interiors/OV for her. I am finally out of offers for now, but booked through March 2023. I consider all offers a nice gift and really don't feel entitled to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I stopped getting offers, so I called today because I planned to book a cruise and wanted to see what offers were available.  Rep said once you claim you free annual cruise, they won't give offers for a while.  I don't know how true this is but she said I should get something in the next 4-6 weeks.

I feel like this is pretty true, we were both getting great offers weekly, got our Prime Certificate in March and booked almost instantly for October 30th.  Since booking the annual cruise, we've gotten maybe two offers, and only after camping the casino to ask about it.  Not sure I'd even use another annual cruise certificate, we were getting way better offers with just the random ones.  Hoping to get back on the list after the October cruise lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Let me share my experience with three separate accounts that I know of:

1st person - hasn't sailed since December 2019. Previously prime (earned on two cruises). Receives every single offer Royal sends out monthly/weekly daily. Offers vary from OV-Balcony. Currently 7 (unexpired) offers on their account.

2nd person - recently earned prime (earned on two cruises) and sailed after that. Has not redeemed annual tier benefit (not yet available). Has a summer sailing booked with trade in value for an earned certificate and three weeks ago booked a comped balcony offer. Up until the comped balcony booking, received every single offer Royal sent out, same as 1st person above. After booking the comped balcony, no offers. Currently 3 (unexpired) offers on their account.

3rd person - has been prime for four years and receiving all Royal offers until May of this year. After 3 cruises this year, person is more than half way to signature. In May offers began to stop and person had to call in order to fix "email issue". Every time email issue was fixed, after 1-2 weeks, new offers would appear. Email issue seemed to reoccur and multiple calls resulted in offers coming up again after 1-2 weeks wait each time. In July, person booked 1 2023 summer cruise with trade in value from earned certificate, in August person booked comped balcony offer for winter, and also redeemed the annual prime benefit for a last minute weekend sailing while paying for an upgrade from interior to balcony. So three cruises booked, one of which was from a comped offer. Since mid August, no offers. Multiple calls and reps checking - there is no email issue. Currently 0 offers on their account. Royal is just not sending offers to this account. 

From that experience, it seems to me Royal is concentrating on those who are either new or haven't sailed in a while and no longer marketing to their loyal customers but again, just my opinion. I did read in other groups that some people have over a dozen booked and still receiving offers, so YMMV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have gotten very few offers in the last two months - Signature. My wife, who is Prime, is still getting a few. After booking my yearly cruise, I still got tons of offers for several months. I have done 18 cruises since October 2021 - 2 of them paid for. I cannot complain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first cruise with Royal was back in July of this year.  Became Prime on 5th day.  After came home a week later, got tons of offer.  Booked a trade in offer from MGM which will be this Oct. 22.  Booked an offer from Casino Royale for Nov. of this year.    Booked my certificate cruise for April of next year.  Had a paying Alaska cruise for May 2023.  Las Month Sept, I didn't get any offer.  Yesterday got an offer.  But all are board from Florida.  I live in NY, wish the offer was board from  NJ.  Hopefully after Oct. 22.  Offer keep coming back...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...