“The Starry Neighbor (Neighbour?) Chronicles: Pining for the Fjords” – Anthem of the Seas, July 8th-15th, 2022

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes this!!!

I just sat on top of one carry on to zip it cause I am trying to carry as much as I possibly can lol

If your carry-on weight limit is same as my upcoming flight, that won't be a problem. AA is allowing 51 pounds for a carry-on! (which is the same as they allow for a checked bag)

Home - DTW approx 90 mins today door to curb. This took longer than usual, the border was backed up slightly. We can usually make this trip in 45-50 mins. 

Baggage check and security a breeze. Zero wait. DTW is quiet today. So far everything looks good and on time. The plane is here. Another good sign. I just got a notification that both bags have been loaded onto the plane. Not sure if that is a good sign though since it seems a bit early to load bags on. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Current situation:

EAC04BE7-5E88-4940-BFD0-1B9F932FA0AB.thumb.jpeg.4c7bb33a16930f492ade2703ff584e38.jpeg

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Some of you know that I am a huge fan of the Fairmont chain of hotels right? So when in London, it’s The Savoy. Waiting for our rooms to be ready so having some real food for breakfast.

If you want to stay incognito then watch out for the TV camera's! 😂

We have a show in UK simply called "The Savoy", it's a behind the scenes series on everything Savoy... it's because of this show i will never stay there lol please dont ask me 20 times how my food is when im trying to eat 🤣

Looks a fantastic hotel and im sure you will enjoy, great location for all sightseeing which are walkable. 

Make sure you go to Covent garden at night ( leave savoy cross street and go up side street into covent garden ) nice place to chill, grab a meal or drink and people watch. 

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Make sure you go to Covent garden at night ( leave savoy cross street and go up side street into covent garden ) nice place to chill, grab a meal or drink and people watch. 

That is the plan. We were thinking tonight but it’s 6pm now and everyone is starting to crash. We went straight through since landing here today. No naps. Kids are following asleep at dinner like toddler times. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is the plan. We were thinking tonight but it’s 6pm now and everyone is starting to crash. We went straight through since landing here today. No naps. Kids are following asleep at dinner like toddler times. 

Lol yeah the jet lag will be kicking in now 😴 

There's a 711 ( tesco express ) to your right on leaving The Savoy ( about 100 yards up the street ) also a sainsburys near McDonald's to your left if you need anything.

Don't worry about all the homeless people you see in area! There is a church on the strand where they meet outside everynight to get free meals and haircuts, we never had or witnessed any issues with them. 

Also the city of london Bicycles you see are FOC for about 40 mins. You insert card and as long as bicycle is in another location with time you are not charged. 

Great way to get about London for nothing ( yeah thats the tight scotsman in me coming out ) 🤣