Jump to content

Do you think RC will force passengers to take the vaccine in order to cruise?


Martha4god
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, twangster said:

RC won't require vaccinations but the CDC might.  The entire purpose of the Health Sail Panel and the CDC's CSO was on the premise that there was no vaccine at the time the work was done.  The protocols were created based on no vaccine and they are believed to be enough to allow ships to sail absent of a vaccine.

Personally I don't think the CDC plans to let ships sail until it doesn't matter if you have a vaccine or not.  Lobbyists and politicians may attempt to accelerate the date when ships sail and if that is successful then the CDC might require vaccinations as a condition to sail.

Time will tell.

I did not think of that angle and you may be right. It allows the CDC by the bad guy here if you can call it that, and the cruise lines can say we have to follow CDC rules. Everyone wins in that scenario in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2020 at 8:05 AM, monctonguy said:

Not in Canada..they had told us numerous times from our Chief Medical officer that the vaccines does NOT mean that you can't get it or spread it....that's why masks and social distancing will remain the norm for at least a year and they will not relax restrictions any time soon. This is all over every news channel, government website, Health sites, news sites etc.....

 

Do YOU know more than all the doctors and scientists and the government in Canada?

 

Even if vaccinated...you are still locked down and made to wear a mask and stay home here in Canada...perhaps different countries are telling their people different things.

 

I am not a scientist..I am just like the rest of the sheep, taking commands and obeying our fearless leaders who know all. Even vaccinated people can carry and spread it..that's been pretty common news/doctor speak here in Canada now ever since the vaccines have been made available.

 

 

As a Canadian and Healthcare professional I would say I do know more than the Government of Canada (most 7 year olds do). The reason they are telling you being vaccinated does not guarantee you cannot spread the virus and therefore should still wear a mask is the fact that was not part of the clinical trials and not studied. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, loki007 said:

As a Canadian and Healthcare professional I would say I do know more than the Government of Canada (most 7 year olds do). The reason they are telling you being vaccinated does not guarantee you cannot spread the virus and therefore should still wear a mask is the fact that was not part of the clinical trials and not studied. 

So I could just choose to wear mask the rest of my life and never get it or give it, so why get vaccinated?...Everything pretty much they have told us has been wrong now and changed their mind so many times...lock downs, circuit breakers, masks, social distancing and its the worse its ever been now with ALL those restrictions added together...make sense?!

SO everyone who is getting this Vaccine has NO idea if it will stop you from getting it or giving it......awesome...lol

If that's the case,,then cruising is never coming back..end of story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@monctonguy Same here. I remember back in the day (March 2020) when the plan was to extend March break by two weeks and everything would open up again by the first week of April. The no need wear a mask, it's 'low risk', no need to close borders, it's 'low risk'. Now it's a province wide shutdown (again!...rinse & repeat expecting a different outcome) and you can get an $800 ticket for having too many people in your house.

Meanwhile, increasing lockdown measures over the past 6-8 weeks and the cases/day numbers either still go up or stay the same. I don't think they (or anybody) really knows what to do (without causing issues/deaths from other reasons).

Agree...it does not look good for cruising based on what we see today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to try a positive spin on this (with some less than positive "bits of data"):

1).  The Vaccines (and there will be many of them) are proving to be safe and extremely effective.  No amount of distancing and masking will shut down COVID 19.  These temporary measures (probably for longer than we would like) are to protect:

  • Us from a runaway pandemic ... giving the scientists time to develop the vaccines.
  • Our health care systems ... Italy's almost collapsed early on.
  • And, with great importance, our health care workers ... each and everyone of us should be thanking them daily.  I can't imagine how I would react in their situation.

2).  Some jurisdictions have done an amazing job of minimizing transmission.  So much so that they are already starting up cruises.  Not the exact way we would want to cruise, but the "canary in the cave" is doing very well.  Below is some encouraging and disappointing "bits of data":  

  • Singapore .............Total Deaths/100,000: 5 [They are sailing now]
  • New Brunswick ... Total Deaths/100,000: 10 [if St. John were a home port we could be sailing around the Maritimes now] ?
  • Ontario ..................Total Deaths/100,000: 303 [Not good enough ... should be closer to NB results]
  • Canada ................. Total Deaths/100,000: 402 [Skewed higher by some terrible results in Quebec]
  • USA ...................... Total Deaths/100,000: 1,021 [The main reason the cruising industry is shutdown ... 75% of worldwide cruises originate in the USA.  Once Vaccines are available, and allowed to do their job, we will be cruising again]

My soulmate and I have cruises booked in NOV 2021, APR 2022 and MAY 2022.  Looking at Winter 2022 as well (we are open to influence) ? 

There is light at the end of the tunnel (and it is not an oncoming train).

Safe Safe, Stay Apart, Stay Connected,

Curt from Canada

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually...NB has had 8 total  deaths from Covid..out of a population of 750,000 in 10 months...and we cant travel and are locked down with masks and social distancing..so out of a Million ppl, you have less than 1 person dying a month from it here...if you shut down for those numbers, it will NEVER open back up.

 

So if you do the math...Covid 19 will basically  have to eradicated worldwide for cruising to start.,.that aint happening for years and years based on current #'s and projections....and even with Covid 19 vaccine, it appears we can still get it and spread it...

 

So remind me how this will make cruising happen again?!...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Actually...NB has had 8 total  deaths from Covid..out of a population of 750,000 in 10 months

I understand your point, but...  What would the death toll have been without any mitigation?

I don't know.  I'm not sure anyone does.  

NZ could say the same thing.  Any entire country locked down, implemented restrictions, banned INTL travel, etc.  Was that all a waste?  A big scam? 

Not trying to argue, just curious if you think all the countries that have managed better are just faking their low numbers or if countries that have or claim to have elevated number are faking it?  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was just stating facts.....

 

Would have it been higher?...sure....but more people died of any # of other things during this time that wouldn't justify  a lock down..strange this would.....but that's a whole other conversation I would gladly have anytime with anyone but not here.

 

For example in BC...drug deaths have risen to more per month than Coronaivrus.....so we saved lives from the Covid by locking down..but the result is more people died as a result of that at the end of the day.....there is no winning.

 

My point is...that cruising is NOT coming back anytime soon...the vaccine requires we still be locked down according to health officials and doctors and goverments...at least here in Canada......thats fact. Even if you don't agree or believe me or them, it doesn't change the fact....we cant travel now and wont be able to for a long time yet...

Sucks!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Was just stating facts.....

 

Would have it been higher?...sure....but more people died of any # of other things during this time that wouldn't justify  a lock down..strange this would.....but that's a whole other conversation I would gladly have anytime with anyone but not here.

 

For example in BC...drug deaths have risen to more per month than Coronaivrus.....so we saved lives from the Covid by locking down..but the result is more people died as a result of that at the end of the day.....there is no winning.

 

My point is...that cruising is NOT coming back anytime soon...the vaccine requires we still be locked down according to health officials and doctors and goverments...at least here in Canada......thats fact. Even if you don't agree or believe me or them, it doesn't change the fact....we cant travel now and wont be able to for a long time yet...

Sucks!

 

 

Yes but with no one driving anywhere lives have been saved from car accidents :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The solution might be that the US and foreign immigration agencies require a COVID vaccine.  Then if you want to cruise, you will be required to get a vaccine.  If you do not want to get the vaccine, fine.  You just cant get on  cruise ship or an international flight or drive across the boarder to Canada.  Simple your choice.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SteelersNationVA said:

The solution might be that the US and foreign immigration agencies require a COVID vaccine.  Then if you want to cruise, you will be required to get a vaccine.  If you do not want to get the vaccine, fine.  You just cant get on  cruise ship or an international flight or drive across the boarder to Canada.  Simple your choice.     

I will bet anything the CDC requires it for cruises. The CDC will play the bad guy, and the cruise lines will be off the hook and just has to enforce the rules. Very smart and I think it's almost a definite. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought the CDC can only make recommendations, they can't "require" anything.  The only reason masks are required in your grocery store, office building, or on an airplane, is because of local / state government ordinances (or because the individual business decided to require it). 

Heck, airlines & the travel industry basically begged for a national mask mandate, to back up the safety measures that they introduced ON THEIR OWN, and were told "NO."  

All of this Healthy Sail Panel and SCO is just hoops to jump through, the veracity of which I fully expect will eventually be challenged in court.  But I think its likely that individual countries WILL require the vaccine thus rendering most of the discussion moot.  

I'm ready to get the jab when its available to me!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, PurdueFlyer said:

I thought the CDC can only make recommendations, they can't "require" anything.  The only reason masks are required in your grocery store, office building, or on an airplane, is because of local / state government ordinances (or because the individual business decided to require it). 

Heck, airlines & the travel industry basically begged for a national mask mandate, to back up the safety measures that they introduced ON THEIR OWN, and were told "NO."  

All of this Healthy Sail Panel and SCO is just hoops to jump through, the veracity of which I fully expect will eventually be challenged in court.  But I think its likely that individual countries WILL require the vaccine thus rendering most of the discussion moot.  

I'm ready to get the jab when its available to me!  

I believe when it comes to cruises they can, it would certainly have to be a national thing. I believe the CDC could require the vaccine for cruises. I could be wrong so who knows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/30/2020 at 1:04 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

I believe when it comes to cruises they can, it would certainly have to be a national thing. I believe the CDC could require the vaccine for cruises. I could be wrong so who knows. 

My understanding is the only industry the CDC can require anything of is the Cruise industry, everything else is governed by other bodies so the CDC can only recommend,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If a vaccine is required, I will have to cancel my cruise on Oasis in August. I moved it to 2021 from 2020 and it is just my granddaughter and myself that would be boarding. She will be 11 at that time,  Vaccines are now just beginning to be tested on 1 2-17 year olds and the results are supposedly at least a year out. Having that as a pre-boarding requirement will affect many families.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2020 at 9:08 PM, monctonguy said:

SO everyone who is getting this Vaccine has NO idea if it will stop you from getting it or giving it......awesome...lol

If that's the case,,then cruising is never coming back..end of story. 

This might help explain the difference between preventing infection and preventing disease, and why the prevention of infection is not essential to an effective vaccine...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-07/why-few-vaccines-prevent-infection/13037274

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...