Disney World

whitsmom

Message added by monorailmedic

Note from Mod Team: To be clear, Disney has not announced any park re-open dates, nor have they said it won't be in 2020.  Ananlysts have speculated that this is a possibility - but not an official announcement.

3 hours ago, Kcusack89 said:

@AGSLC5 every time I see south Florida's covid numbers a cringe and can't imagine anyone cruising out of port Miami or port Everglades any time soon. I'm thinking more September.

Have a cruise in October so def hoping for that

So I live about 15 min from Port Everglades and I obviously stay home as much as possible but here is where I think we have a problem. Florida was really behind in the testing game and we are now trying to catch up. I personally think that's why our numbers keep going up and up because our hospitalization is starting to plateau. I actually think cruising could resume mid July if cruise lines put the proper protocol in place.. I happen to have a cruise booked for end of July and hope to go but at this point who knows. If cruise lines resume and let me I am def going. I am not scared. I know the risks and willing to take them but I respect anyone who is afraid and does not want to go now. My feeling is our government won't allow cruises to resume until they feel its safe enough so once they give the OK I am willing to take the gamble. Will that be in July? I have no idea but I hope so. But like I said anyone who is nervous or doesn't want to go I totally get it I just know for me as soon as cruise lines reopen I am planning on going as well. 

Moderator Note

It's clear now that this was not an announcement from Disney but analyst speculation.  We're all clear on this now and the thread has been annotated up at the top to avoid confusion.  It is of course important to verify information, but mistakes happen.  Now that we're all clear, lets have some friendly chat as I research how to hypnotize myself into believing I'm on a ship.

9 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

So I live about 15 min from Port Everglades and I obviously stay home as much as possible but here is where I think we have a problem. Florida was really behind in the testing game and we are now trying to catch up. I personally think that's why our numbers keep going up and up because our hospitalization is starting to plateau. I actually think cruising could resume mid July if cruise lines put the proper protocol in place.. I happen to have a cruise booked for end of July and hope to go but at this point who knows. If cruise lines resume and let me I am def going. I am not scared. I know the risks and willing to take them but I respect anyone who is afraid and does not want to go now. My feeling is our government won't allow cruises to resume until they feel its safe enough so once they give the OK I am willing to take the gamble. Will that be in July? I have no idea but I hope so. But like I said anyone who is nervous or doesn't want to go I totally get it I just know for me as soon as cruise lines reopen I am planning on going as well. 

Music to my ears. I agree with everything you said. As far as behind on testing that makes.sense. basically the whole country is plateauing even NYC. I'm very optimistic that social distancing my be lifted by July!

20 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

Florida was really behind in the testing game and we are now trying to catch up. I personally think that's why our numbers keep going up and up because our hospitalization is starting to plateau.

Agree. Spring break happened, beaches remained open due to local and state governments. No telling how many people may have caught it here but took it to somewhere else. We're definitely behind on testing because testing isn't available to everyone, but catching up. Hospitalizations due to Covid starting to decline in our area, thankfully. Hopefully things done have helped to minimize what happens next.