Stay in place

basil

12 minutes ago, ellcee said:

NY the liquor stores are open. Also - our restaurants are selling curbside pickup cocktails/beer/wine with your food pickup. It's kinda awesome and it keeps restaurants in business.

It was an unexpected deviation from policy, until a couple of weeks ago, we couldn't even buy wine in a grocery store ... now mixed drinks to go!  There is the provision that food has to be part of the order.  At the same time, I could imagine ..."I would like a French fry .... and 12 Harvey Wallbangers ....to go" ????

4 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

It was an unexpected deviation from policy, until a couple of weeks ago, we couldn't even buy wine in a grocery store ... now mixed drinks to go!  There is the provision that food has to be part of the order.  At the same time, I could imagine ..."I would like a French fry .... and 12 Harvey Wallbangers ....to go" ????

I love it so much. I haven't done it yet but I'm going to. My friends have been posting the fun cocktails and the creative way restaurants have been making it work...adult capri suns. Bottling cocktails. Mason jars.

3 minutes ago, ellcee said:

the creative way restaurants have been making it work...adult capri suns. Bottling cocktails. Mason jars.

A small change to the wording of the order made ALL the difference, originally, it read "original and closed containers" then it was changed to "original OR closed containers" that opened up all sorts of possibilities!! Have a gallon jug with a cap? ... now you have a party!???

I love seeing all of the creative ways American businesses are innovating to overcome the negative effects of this misery.  Most of our local restaurants are providing take out and delivery and providing support (meals) to our local HCP and first responders.  It really is heart warming and a reminder that nothing is more powerful than love and good ol’ American ingenuity. I don’t think our liquor laws allow alcohol to be taken out.  I haven’t heard of anything like that, locally.  

NY always had very strict rules about liquor sales, and any form of carryout was prohibited. Oddly, just to the south of us is Pennsylvania, where you could always get carry out from a bar. They, in contrast to NY, closed all of the liquor stores, going so far as to board some up. ?