“Symphony No. 17: Celebration, Relaxation, Exploration, Reflection” – 07/27/19 – 08/03/19

Lovetocruise2002

@Lovetocruise2002, Simeon was on our Symphony cruise also. He was pretty decent, but not as good as the second comedian (Rodney Johnson..I do not know Phil Tag). I have been following comedians for more years than you are old. I'll be interested in your take on him.

Can you please share the email address for the entertainment dept?

Thanks and happy sailing.

4 minutes ago, Skid said:

@Lovetocruise2002, Simeon was on our Symphony cruise also. He was pretty decent, but not as good as the second comedian (Rodney Johnson..I do not know Phil Tag). I have been following comedians for more years than you are old. I'll be interested in your take on him.

Can you please share the email address for the entertainment dept?

Thanks and happy sailing.

I'll make sure to report back for you @Skid.

The email is web_reservations@rccl.com

3 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Simeon was our cruise director for our week on Symphony , filling in for regular CD.  He was quite funny.

Yes, I remember that week when the CDs had their conference. I read of couple of reviews of Simeon that week as acting CD. There were even some scopes of him with fellow periscopers. He was the comedian on Harmony in 2017 when we sailed. I just found him to be ok. Definitely looking forward to another chance to see him though. 

On 7/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, hayley_bopp said:

We're going on a cruise in a couple of weeks

@hayley_bopp, I am sure @Lovetocruise2002 won't mind me jumping into her thread here to wish you a great trip and safe travels. I guess it would be awkward to blog here from a different cruise line, but hopefully you can post something here and there. Will you be periscoping?

5 hours ago, Skid said:

@hayley_bopp, I am sure @Lovetocruise2002 won't mind me jumping into her thread here to wish you a great trip and safe travels. I guess it would be awkward to blog here from a different cruise line, but hopefully you can post something here and there. Will you be periscoping?

I was intending to scope but after last night's furore I'm not so sure...? (probably will though!)

I will definitely post a review on here with comparisons to RC. 

I would like to live blog it somewhere as I like it as a way to remember the cruise but I'll have to have a think about how/where is best to do that ?

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, I remember that week when the CDs had their conference. I read of couple of reviews of Simeon that week as acting CD. There were even some scopes of him with fellow periscopers. He was the comedian on Harmony in 2017 when we sailed. I just found him to be ok. Definitely looking forward to another chance to see him though. 

We saw Simeon on Symphony as the comedian, after @CruiseLifeRick introduced us,  and he is hilarious.  Politics aside, his Trump impression is unbelievably good.

2 days out...

Nothing new to report today other than the usual “day before we leave” business. 

Mani/Pedi ✅

792BB694-75A3-4347-8C60-067069B6D7F0.thumb.jpeg.933ed2ab7ae5653be1597e833c494e9d.jpeg

Check in ✅

78588FB9-F206-4A83-86B8-4411A491BA36.jpeg.7ef1713c2cf2bf3a68a89032d553dd36.jpeg

Packed ✅ ... Hubby zero in this area ?

29F820AF-8C75-48A3-A9E3-81FE0AEAB59F.thumb.jpeg.7f650f948a31b967cd3524a57f7bdb2a.jpeg

Eat “healthy” ? dinner while I dream of CK ✅

79696B89-0366-40E1-96DC-B814B86FA145.thumb.jpeg.c866fac00b84be8a944c1ce4778a1898.jpeg

Note of apology...all food pics following this one should be way better! ?

Headed to bed early tonight as we have a pretty early start tomorrow. Sleep should not be a problem as I barely slept last night.  

5 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

Enjoy!  I loved Symphony!  Will be following along. 

Hey there!  Haven’t see you around these boards lately! Glad to have you following along! 

26 minutes ago, Auto said:

Have a great cruise! #jealous

Happy Anniversary, too! My wife and I are celebrating 18 next week (hmmmm...she was teaching when we got married, so I guess we are in on the trend, too).

Thank you and Happy Anniversary to you too! ?

1 day out...

Getting to the airport was a breeze today. We made record time!  Got the kids dropped off and at DTW in just a few minutes over an hour.

When we arrived it was a different story here at McNamara terminal. Complete zoo!

It took us almost an hour to get 1 bag checked and to go through security. This is a process that normally takes us about 15-20min max here. Not sure if it’s just regular weekend traffic or if it’s something else but it is way busier than we are used to. 

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sabrina, have a great trip and enjoy your Anniversary ! Envious, as we still have not made it to Symphony yet.  Cruise on !

Thanks Raye!

and don’t be jealous...your bank account is probably doing better than ours with the rates we have to pay to cruise in the summer ?

49 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Unfortunately this was breakfast just now...

Breakfast of champions, lol. You guys have a blast.

One of our recent cruises, I had everything planned out at the airport, where we wouldn't get to the gate very much before boarding started, but then we got to the ticket counter and there was a college soccer team checking in, then security was a zoo, thank goodness for Priority access and TSA Pre-check. Plans changed and we still had time for a coffee before boarding.

11 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Safe flight! Maybe find an excuse to take a detour to La Bamba on your way to Miami. You know, just to make sure the margaritas haven't had the recipe changed. ? 

Would love to! The only problem is that we have our luggage with us and I can’t see how it would be ok to drive it all in. I will have to find tequila elsewhere. ?

Just now, tiny260 said:

Breakfast of champions, lol. You guys have a blast.

One of our recent cruises, I had everything planned out at the airport, where we wouldn't get to the gate very much before boarding started, but then we got to the ticket counter and there was a college soccer team checking in, then security was a zoo, thank goodness for Priority access and TSA Pre-check. Plans changed and we still had time for a coffee before boarding.

That is why we always leave way ahead of time. I still remember clearly the time we almost missed our flight because of a backup at the border. I would rather sit at the gate with time to spare.

11 minutes ago, Skid said:

Wait, why would you call a feast like that unfortunate?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

McDonalds? I'd rather rely on the chips on the plane for sustenance

McDonald’s always seems like a good idea until you are done. Then you feel gross. I would normal rely on the almonds on the plane but the next meal likely won’t be until after we check in at the Intercontinental so I needed something more substantial to hold me over?

17 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

This is me, DW thinks it's a waste of time

Scorpios...it’s in our nature ?

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It took us almost an hour to get 1 bag checked and to go through security. This is a process that normally takes us about 15-20min max here. Not sure if it’s just regular weekend traffic or if it’s something else but it is way busier than we are used to. 

Oh no!!! What time was your flight? We fly Delta next Saturday from Detroit to FLL. 

1 hour ago, bellemiche said:

Oh no!!! What time was your flight? We fly Delta next Saturday from Detroit to FLL. 

Our flight was 10am. We were at the airport by 7am. It was crazy town. They even sent us to the International check in counter because the line for domestic was all the way to the Westin entrance.  Then I saw areas open for TSA screening that I never even knew existed. Again, not sure if it was because it was earlier on a Friday morning, as opposed to Saturday when we usually fly out. 

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Our flight was 10am. We were at the airport by 7am. It was crazy town. They even sent us to the International check in counter because the line for domestic was all the way to the Westin entrance.  Then I saw areas open for TSA screening that I never even knew existed. Again, not sure if it was because it was earlier on a Friday morning, as opposed to Saturday when we usually fly out. 

YIKES !  I fly out of DTW every other Friday morning at 10:53 and have never seen anything even close to this !  Of course, I am in the other terminal (American Airlines, not Delta) but still !  I have Clear so I might have avoided some of that but I have just never seen that MANY people there EVER.

32 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Shhh.  The Westin TSA security area is a secret best not advertised on the internet.