rubbish and misleading pre-cruise promotions

7 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

@tiny260  I forgot about those add ons, such as the seafood tower and lobster.  I have never had to pay extra at any specialty which is why I was confused, but like you, I don't order the seafood tower..  Heck I don't think you can even max out at Izumi which is a cap (ala carte).   

I have never been charge at Izumi either, the last time I even ordered 2 specialty rolls as appetizers and they never charged me.

I've said this in other threads, when my Grandson was with us in 2018 on Liberty, some of the specialty restaurants charged me the $10 for him, some didn't.

So basically, this tells me to be a savvy shopper! Do your homework, compare offers, and go with a price that’s best for you! No need to get upset over Royal Caribbean marketing...it’s marketing, after all, and as others have mentioned, it’s no different than other cruise lines, retailers, etc.! Happy Cruising!

First time on RC.  I am sailing to Alaska on Ovation of the Seas in 30 days..Deluxe Drink Package is $47 pp today and has been that for several days.  In the experience of others, do the prices usually go up or down less than a month out? 

I am really irritated with the spa services (which I knew would be overpriced).  Sale states $89+ for a 50 minute massage but all available times are $129 or higher... and I have looked through all the days and times and there are NO $89 prices for that service.  

8 hours ago, cactusgal said:

First time on RC.  I am sailing to Alaska on Ovation of the Seas in 30 days..Deluxe Drink Package is $47 pp today and has been that for several days.  In the experience of others, do the prices usually go up or down less than a month out? 

I am really irritated with the spa services (which I knew would be overpriced).  Sale states $89+ for a 50 minute massage but all available times are $129 or higher... and I have looked through all the days and times and there are NO $89 prices for that service.  

That means there were times/days that were 89.00.  Just like those big billboards that say HOMES STARTING FROM the 260's and when you show up all they have left are 400,000+.

10 hours ago, cactusgal said:

1 hour ago, marti314 said:

That means there were times/days that were 89.00.  Just like those big billboards that say HOMES STARTING FROM the 260's and when you show up all they have left are 400,000+.

And just like those home advertisements, or similar ones for cars / electronics, there's usually a single item that qualifies. In the case of the spa, that was probably something like 7:30 AM on a port day; maybe with a clause stating "only in the event of bright sunshine that will ensure the ship is nearly devoid of passengers."

10 hours ago, cactusgal said:

Wait until you get on the ship and go by the Spa, they usually have some really aggressive pricing for embarkation day, if that doesn't fit your needs have them look at port days, they are also usually discounted. Sea days are the most expensive so stay away from them.

Its actually not Buy one Get one Free, its buy one get the next at 50% off.  The Regular price is unknown so you are paying ??? for the first one and getting 50% off ????.

As others have said, find the price you feel is of "value" and buy it.  

Promotional Marketing is an Art not a science, everyone has their trigger points so changing prices is in the best interest of anybody who sells something.

37 minutes ago, marti314 said:

Its actually not Buy one Get one Free, its buy one get the next at 50% off.  The Regular price is unknown so you are paying ??? for the first one and getting 50% off ????.

As others have said, find the price you feel is of "value" and buy it.  

Promotional Marketing is an Art not a science, everyone has their trigger points so changing prices is in the best interest of anybody who sells something.

Yes, but the fact that these are displayed on the same page at the same time is not very artistic.

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

Yes, but the fact that these are displayed on the same page at the same time is not very artistic.

Wow, yes that is a bad image for RCCL, i thought you had screen captured from a previous sale and then just put them next to each other here on the boards.  

Nice find though, its like the wheres waldo on the RCL site, although there are thousands of waldos instead of just one.