Jump to content
Lovetocruise2002

“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

@twangster does Jamie’s on the Navigator have a bar we can order a drink from, if we opt out of specialty dining? 

Jamie's on all ships that I've sailed that have Jamie's (Anthem, Harmony, Symphony, Navigator) doesn't have it's own bar like a bar where you can sit within Jamie's. 

They use a nearby bar or a service bar in the back for the drinks they serve. 

So you can't go to Jamie's and sit at the bar like you can in many land restaurants.  Hooked and Wonderland (Oasis class) are the only restaurants that come to mind as having a bar you can visit and enjoy a drink without eating there.  Plus Sabor on Oasis class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Minicruiser said:

This looks so fun and I love that the younger kids got to participate!! I think escape rooms are great for kids! How many people does the room hold? Our total travel group is 16. I’m wondering if the genie would let us book our private session with our non-SC friends if they paid. 🤔  Or maybe just add in a few of them and not the whole bunch? 

Yes. They can be included but I am assuming they would have to pay. Minimum is 6 players; unsure of the max?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We have never had grits ever! 😆

OK... as a southerner now living in yankee land, I have to say that the grits onboard are actually pretty darn good!  You need a pat of butter and a good dash of salt and pepper.  Seriously, you have to try it once! 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, melmar02 said:

I was born, raised, and live in the south. I won't eat them because they have the texture of wet sand. Where do I turn in my southern girl card? 

Just tell me you don't like boiled peanuts, then I will revoke your card 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twangster said:

Jamie's on all ships that I've sailed that have Jamie's (Anthem, Harmony, Symphony, Navigator) doesn't have it's own bar like a bar where you can sit within Jamie's. 

They use a nearby bar or a service bar in the back for the drinks they serve. 

So you can't go to Jamie's and sit at the bar like you can in many land restaurants.  Hooked and Wonderland (Oasis class) are the only restaurants that come to mind as having a bar you can visit and enjoy a drink without eating there.  Plus Sabor on Oasis class.

Thanks @twangster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We have never had grits ever! 😆

 

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

I was born, raised, and live in the south. I won't eat them because they have the texture of wet sand. Where do I turn in my southern girl card? 

To be fair, @Lovetocruise2002 was raised in the south too.....South Canada

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matt said:

Sooooooo you broke it?

I give up! I will take the blame! I guess that means that RCBlog is getting good traffic 😜

7 hours ago, twangster said:

So.  Much.  Food.

But it all looks great!

It was! To the point where I actually felt a bit ill looking at dessert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 3: Labadee

Gorgeous day in Labadee today! Lots of sun and not too hot. D10 was in the water almost the entire time and D12 made full use of the cabana. Originally we had a beachfront booked (B2) but switched to an over the water one (W5). Best choice ever! Clear view of the ship, clear view of the D10 in the water and on the beach. And fairly private. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Entry into the Cabana:

9A87BB35-CBE8-4335-8854-8F99FB7E7D62.thumb.jpeg.38dab716612be545157ac16a8be59b31.jpeg

84F89CEF-26FA-4CE1-B01A-24DAF55DB714.thumb.jpeg.ef97705b10e5e6939ee2314c177bb076.jpeg

8CAC9ABC-BBE7-4A21-BFF8-BC3550D53DA0.thumb.jpeg.1343c418fff97b6c3ca8545fbf04e652.jpeg

5DE05442-2233-4EF6-8622-F1310A47E2BB.thumb.jpeg.5434cd11402dab4bdc2f5f7761a85be2.jpeg

Separate entry into the water via a ladder. The other OTW cabanas on the other side have stairs.

DC59D69E-53C6-49BE-989D-1F452EB4EEB8.thumb.jpeg.328b06e77d267ecbc2b089723f7ab0a4.jpeg

6924D35E-3F9A-406C-BEBE-C27295A29995.thumb.jpeg.2e8182207189fcc3be7ae1bbb43ea5da.jpeg

And so that @twangsterbot doesn’t have to photoshop me into Labadee anymore, and @rjac requested so nicely.... 😜

11DC6E45-3CA6-42B3-A440-FE932629E3E8.thumb.jpeg.61e7a1ae4f2b8d1b72a28aa2fd1cdd51.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on the ship, this was waiting for us:

6A97CFE8-026C-4750-8D9A-E7F306D70B33.thumb.jpeg.aba8c9845b7b98b8cb3a20c4de8d79e0.jpeg

D12 and I then took a walk to the Vitality Cafe to get a smoothie:

A6DA32AF-73D4-4D5C-A919-025DBA27B506.thumb.jpeg.ddcc00a235c8de2edd5954e6690e13f6.jpeg

3BB93E6C-50BD-41DD-8561-1424CDA4FD2D.thumb.jpeg.26dac53b015578ce2e119de23f43f3e3.jpeg

Off to Chops now for dinner then over to Wonderland for dessert!  Living up the Star Class life the best we can 😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Back on the ship, this was waiting for us:

6A97CFE8-026C-4750-8D9A-E7F306D70B33.thumb.jpeg.aba8c9845b7b98b8cb3a20c4de8d79e0.jpeg

D12 and I then took a walk to the Vitality Cafe to get a smoothie:

A6DA32AF-73D4-4D5C-A919-025DBA27B506.thumb.jpeg.ddcc00a235c8de2edd5954e6690e13f6.jpeg

3BB93E6C-50BD-41DD-8561-1424CDA4FD2D.thumb.jpeg.26dac53b015578ce2e119de23f43f3e3.jpeg

Off to Chops now for dinner then over to Wonderland for dessert!  Living up the Star Class life the best we can 😊

 

Do you find the "warm" snacks to still be warm when you get back or do they deliver those right as you arrive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vancouverdude said:

Do you find the "warm" snacks to still be warm when you get back or do they deliver those right as you arrive?

Yes. Temperature has been good so far for each delivery.  Same with the Chops delivery into CK. Temp was good that night too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Day 3: Labadee

Gorgeous day in Labadee today! Lots of sun and not too hot. D10 was in the water almost the entire time and D12 made full use of the cabana. Originally we had a beachfront booked (B2) but switched to an over the water one (W5). Best choice ever! Clear view of the ship, clear view of the D10 in the water and on the beach. And fairly private. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Entry into the Cabana:

 

 

 

 

Separate entry into the water via a ladder. The other OTW cabanas on the other side have stairs.

 

 

And so that @twangsterbot doesn’t have to photoshop me into Labadee anymore, and @rjac requested so nicely.... 😜

11DC6E45-3CA6-42B3-A440-FE932629E3E8.thumb.jpeg.61e7a1ae4f2b8d1b72a28aa2fd1cdd51.jpeg

What a gorgeous day and a gorgeous pic of both you, the cabana you chose, and the ship too of course!

You are using your genie perks so "perfectly" going to both Chops and Wonderland!  You are one smart cookie as my Mom would say!  Good for you and your family!  Live in the Moment!  I have 2 girls also!  You remind me of myself "a few years ago Ha!"   My oldest daughter is almost 32 and the other 29!  We will be at the Barefoot Beach club on Labadee on our 9 night Navigator starting the 29th!  Getting even, even more excited now after seeing your beautiful photos!  The weather was perfect!  We don't have a cabana tho!  I will be out floating around!  We have experienced the Barefoort Beach Club one other time in September where we upgraded to a 1 bed Aqua theater suite for the cost of GS!  It was like heaven!  We will be there again on this Navigator cruise and looking forward to enjoying it one more time!  

Please keep the pics coming!

Michelle

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Day 3: Labadee

Gorgeous day in Labadee today! Lots of sun and not too hot. D10 was in the water almost the entire time and D12 made full use of the cabana. Originally we had a beachfront booked (B2) but switched to an over the water one (W5). Best choice ever! Clear view of the ship, clear view of the D10 in the water and on the beach. And fairly private. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Entry into the Cabana:

 

I am so happy that you were happy with the cabana.  The day in that cabana was probably my favorite day all time on any cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ldf75 said:

I am so happy that you were happy with the cabana.  The day in that cabana was probably my favorite day all time on any cruise!

I was just saying to Hubby that today has been the perfect day. I tried really hard to soak up every moment in that cabana...reminds me of “The Giver”, storing memories for when you need it for the future 😆

25 minutes ago, Floski said:

Wait...inside cabins get genies now???

Only when you are @WAAAYTOOO and you can work magic to turn your inside into a B2B SC 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sabrina, I got busted by my work bestie catching up on your blog earlier. I was on the Jamie’s photos and she loudly proclaimed, “SNACKLE SNAPS!!!” in a tone that can only be described as pure glee. Apparently “snackle snaps” is what she and her husband call food pics. Don’t know if the other four letter p-word often used to describe drool-inducing food photos is verboten here so figured I ought to keep my nose clean 😆

Labadee... oh my heart. I need to go back. I’d like a Sea-Labadee-Cozumel-Labadee-Sea itinerary. So I can be a beach slug! Is that too much to ask for?!

anyway I am living vicariously through your snackle snaps. Hope you had a great evening! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...