Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal Up program

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the advantages of RoyalUP is handling of last minute cancellations.  They can take bids for cabins even if cabin types aren't available and might never become available.   Before RoyalUP i

I never did get an email for my upgrade offer.  Michelle got it though and told me about it.  She is off on an adventure - previewing the Celebrity Edge - so I will ignore it for now. Since we ar

THANK YOU!!!  After thinking longer....you nailed our thoughts exactly!!!  Especially seeing the first booking of this cruise started out in a JS and within a week we were into the deck 8 ATS 🙂 AND, a

Posted Images

I don't think I will get an email though. My cruise almost a year. I think RCI send to closer sailing date to fill up the ship. So people that already booked get upgrade they with the price they set and RCI gets more money. I YOLO the Balcony Symphony OTS in October.  It will be nice if I won the JR Suite so I can join the Suite snob! gang.  @Lovetocruise2002  😁

5 minutes ago, Susie said:

I don't think I will get an email though. My cruise almost a year. I think RCI send to closer sailing date to fill up the ship. So people that already booked get upgrade they with the price they set and RCI gets more money. I YOLO the Balcony Symphony OTS in October.  It will be nice if I won the JR Suite so I can join the Suite snob! gang.  @Lovetocruise2002  😁

I received it but it is all about making money. Solo travelers do not benefit as you still have to pay double-occupancy. It is all a scam.

Just now, princevaliantus said:

I received it but it is all about making money. Solo travelers do not benefit as you still have to pay double-occupancy. It is all a scam.

That little company called Apple that sells these devices that we all tether our body 24/7 and forces us to buy silly looking ear phones that look like they are broken is also about making money.  Come to think of it every business is all about making money, especially the ones that need to return value to their shareholders.

If it doesnt make them money or loses them money the program goes away, its capitalism at its finest.

Just now, marti314 said:

That little company called Apple that sells these devices that we all tether our body 24/7 and forces us to buy silly looking ear phones that look like they are broken is also about making money.  Come to think of it every business is all about making money, especially the ones that need to return value to their shareholders.

If it doesnt make them money or loses them money the program goes away, its capitalism at its finest.

Still a scam. If I want a suite I'll get it from the get-go when the itinerary is first announced. Why would I pay a starting bid of over $1,000.00 above what I got now for a measly 5 sq. ft. addition/slightly bigger room?? No way, Jose!!

i got the email today. We are on the Oasis of the Seas, March 3, 2019. Currently booked in Boardwalk Balcony. 

Our email offer is   Aqua 1bdrm - $1,000

Crown Loft - $900

Owners - $900

Grand - $600

Jr - $300

I'm not too sure what we'll do. We actually like being in the back of the Boardwalk rooms where we can see the show, watch the ocean, people watch, etc. We'll probably bid on Aqua and/or Crown Loft. But, I'd have to make a decision about cancelling the Dlx Drink Pkg. I look forward to hearing if people actually win their bids. 

Staci

34 minutes ago, Firemanswife2 said:

i got the email today. We are on the Oasis of the Seas, March 3, 2019. Currently booked in Boardwalk Balcony. 

Our email offer is   Aqua 1bdrm - $1,000

Crown Loft - $900

Owners - $900

Grand - $600

Jr - $300

I'm not too sure what we'll do. We actually like being in the back of the Boardwalk rooms where we can see the show, watch the ocean, people watch, etc. We'll probably bid on Aqua and/or Crown Loft. But, I'd have to make a decision about cancelling the Dlx Drink Pkg. I look forward to hearing if people actually win their bids. 

Staci

Just remember that the 'up' price needs to be doubled for two passengers. That is the price you will pay if your bid is accepted. 

My offer came today for our sailing this weekend on Harmony. Not worth the price to go from Junior suite to grand suite. It’s only three of us (me, wife, 8yr old)and we already have four specialty dining restsurants planned. Can’t see coastal kitchen, better seating at shows, suite lounge being worth 800 bucks. 

BE34FB79-C734-4626-9C81-BFF347F83444.png