Royal Caribbean Blog

Harmony of the Seas, Somewhat Live 5/19 -5/26

Quick morning update

Just finished up DreamWorks character breakfast

Character interactions was great, we had Kitty Soft Paws who walked table to table spending time with everyone and then Shrek and Puss N Boots had a walk up meet and great with a little dance party. Will put up some pictures later as time allows.

Now the sun is finally out and we are headed to the pools.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here we are a day before we set sail on our first family cruise, and our first Royal Caribbean cruise infact. It is my wife and I, our three daughters who are 5, 6 and 7 years old along with my mom

Getting ready for our day in Mexico. Wanted to post some photos in the meantime until I can post on the previous few days. 

Thank you everyone.  Currently sitting in Windjammer with everyone for lunch. Left our house at 8:30 and got down here about 9:45 with the rain slowing us down some. Parking, security and ch

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

How did the girls (ALL of the girls !) react when they saw the ship for the first time ?  I love that moment

I think it was a mix of excitement and nervousness. Our middle daughter was super nervous and said she didn't want to go on the boat. My wife and other two daughters were blown away by the shear size of it. 

Even on board they couldn't believe how massive it was and all the things you can do (even though I had them watch a thousand videos on YouTube prior to the trip😆)

The most excited they have been though is when we pushed away from dock initially, they all ran out to our balcony to watch out the back since we are on a boardwalk balcony.

12 hours ago, accio7 said:

Following! Loving your review so far, hope you and the lovely ladies have a great cruise 🙂 

Have you had a chance to tune into the playoffs onboard?

Hey @accio7 all our Canadian teams are officially out now 😢 Who will you cheer for now? I say Vegas...love Marc Andre Fleury! Canadian and former Penguin...

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hey @accio7 all our Canadian teams are official out now 😢 Who will you cheer for now? I say Vegas...love Marc Andre Fleury! Canadian and former Penguin...

I have a Blackhawk jersey that they created for Michael Jordan. It has Jordan on the back and number 23. Everytime I wear it, people want to buy it. 

18 hours ago, Sweety said:

Do you like the broadwalk balcony? I booked this one for next year.

I love it, I enjoy the hustle and bustle but if you have trouble sleeping with noise it might not be the best choice. We also decided on a balcony room towards the back so we could see the water and show and neither have disappointed so far. I would choose this room again without a doubt

Yesterdays quick hits

Started the day with Dreamworks breakfast - had a great time

After breakfast was a few hours at the pool and hot tubs, TBH my kids enjoyed the hot tubs more than anything. Didn't get on the slides, by the time we got there the line was long, will though for sure 

After the pool it was time for lunch at mini bites and of course some ice cream 😀

2pm we headed down to the promenade for the Trolls dance party and meet and greet. Was cute and with my kids being big Trolls fans it was a must do

We finally made it down to formal night at 6. This was our first meal at the main dining room and thought my food was just so so,I had the beef dish, everyone else loved there food. 

We did let our waitress know we had a show reservation for 7:30 and surely they got us out in time. 

Our first show of the trip was 1887, my kids and wife loved it, I thought it was good but not something i need to see more than once. 

That was pretty much a quick take on our day. Off to Labadee we go . . . . 

10 hours ago, Hockeyman55 said:

_DSC0708-2.jpg

_DSC0710-2.jpg

God almighty, those are some seriously cut / ripped individuals! Please tell me they were performers and not just a random sampling of guests doing a Zumba class! If the latter, I'm going to be even more reluctant to board an Oasis-class ship; my self-esteem couldn't handle being surrounded by so much physical fit-ness! 😱😅

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

God almighty, those are some seriously cut / ripped individuals! Please tell me they were performers and not just a random sampling of guests doing a Zumba class! If the latter, I'm going to be even more reluctant to board an Oasis-class ship; my self-esteem couldn't handle being surrounded by so much physical fit-ness! 😱😅

You're too funny!  Likely the Aqua Show cast.....

@Hockeyman55 is that the "spinning guy" I see in the middle??  Is he still there??

577904950_InkedAquacast_LI.jpg.26aa45d98505261421829690b4cf4dff.jpg

2 hours ago, Matt said:

That's one thing I have yet to do. It's always too darn early for any of us to wake up for 😁

I'm really hoping they do it on Mariner - I finally talked my mom and step dad in to a cruise, so we are doing a 3 day on Mariner right after New Year's in lieu of Christmas gifts. My 5 year old niece is also coming along, and she would absolutely love that. 

1 minute ago, KLAconQueso said:

I finally talked my mom and step dad in to a cruise, so we are doing a 3 day on Mariner right after New Year's in lieu of Christmas gifts. My 5 year old niece is also coming along, and she would absolutely love that

Now, THAT'S a great idea for Christmas gifts! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun......especially if you get your mom ans step dad to participate in the Quest challenge! :27_sunglasses:

1 minute ago, rjac said:

Now, THAT'S a great idea for Christmas gifts! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun......especially if you get your mom ans step dad to participate in the Quest challenge! :27_sunglasses:

HA! I can guarantee they will not participate in the Quest. I'm actually not a huge fan of it myself. 

The holidays this past year were pretty difficult with the passing of my brother, so planning a trip and putting emphasis on spending time together rather than gifts is a welcome idea.