11:30 seems to be the earliest time slot now

A guy I work with woke up at midnight to get his arrival time and 11:30 was the earliest. This was right at midnight too. He heard others did get 10:30 so not sure what exactly is going on. It's not good, I really don't like it. We have Chops at 12:00 noon on embarkation day. We certainly will be there before 11:30. Maybe 11:00. 

I'm curious what is going on, what the reason is or if it's another Royal Caribbean IT glitch that will take a decade to fix.n

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

I was told a while back that they were doing away with the 10:30 check-in time, I posted it as a rumor because I couldn't be sure. However, I was up at midnight for a check-in on Friday and the earliest time was 11am out of Miami. 

This is not a good development at all. ☹️ 11 is ok, is ok for us, but 11:30 is too late. I don't like that one bit. 

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Why is 11:30 too late? If you show up at 11:30 you'll be on board 15 minutes later, or less.

Sometimes, not all the time. The security lines at Cape Liberty are getting worse. That's taking up most of the time and it's like 20 minutes just for that. Then it's like 10 minutes checking in. 

28 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It varies by port. They still had 10:30 at PC for my Wonder cruise 2 weeks ago (and boarding seems to usually begin before 10:30 at PC).

I have always, and I means always gotten 10:30. We just had 10:30 for Anthem in late February out of NJ. I just don't like this development at all. 

The reason is because I want to get board earlier than that. And it's going to create a thing where a bunch, thousands are getting there super early, earlier than the time they were given or got because they have always boarded at 10:30 and then they are gonna strictly enforce the check in time you were given. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

It varies by port. They still had 10:30 at PC for my Wonder cruise 2 weeks ago (and boarding seems to usually begin before 10:30 at PC).

Last week by 10:30 we had already toured Icon and had a sandwich in hand from the Pearl Cafe! I guess the FL ports just have the logistics under control. I can’t stress enough how boarding times are fluff. They don’t even bother putting the signs up any longer in Miami. 

IMG_0621.jpeg

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Last week by 10:30 we had already toured Icon and had a sandwich in hand from the Pearl Cafe! I guess the FL ports just have the logistics under control. I can’t stress enough how boarding times are fluff. They don’t even bother putting the signs up any longer in Miami. 

IMG_0621.jpeg

I hope they are fluff because I got 1130 on. Symphony in 2 weeks, it was the earliest time. But my hotel checkout is 1000. So I will be in line at 1030.

1130 was earliest I have seen on my last 2 trips.  Dont take it too seriously There will be people lining up at 945 to get on ship.  Miami port was super easy and fast. I think i was onboard 1045ish as well.  I was the only person at the pool bar lol.  The bartender was surprised to see me.  

5 minutes ago, Fastfaller said:

I hope they are fluff because I got 1130 on. Symphony in 2 weeks, it was the earliest time. But my hotel checkout is 1000. So I will be in line at 1030.

Fluff beyond belief. The company even amplifies the fluff with 11th hour emails warning you to adhere to designated boarding time. Endless fluff. 

We have a 10:30 boarding in New jersey for this weekend. I will say that the app at midnight was glitching a lot. We were going back and forth between the app and the computer, getting varying information depending on where we were looking, telling us we could not book yet, then telling us we were booked already, etc. I got the sense that the system gets overwhelmed at midnight, so maybe that is a factor. 

I know we all want on the ship as soon as possible but ....   they do have to get everyone off which takes time, you do want the ship to be clean and ready for you when you get on.         I wonder how many people who are complaining that can't get on the ship early enough are the same ones who are complaining that they made them get out of the cabin by 8:00 am or that they could not stay on the ship longer?

No complaining over this way.  I was just thinking that the times would start from 11am.  But like others have said, it can vary by port.  I didn’t want an earlier check-in because I’m traveling with a group of 40 and we need time to get from our hotel to the port. 

1 hour ago, Woody14 said:

I know we all want on the ship as soon as possible but ....   they do have to get everyone off which takes time, you do want the ship to be clean and ready for you when you get on.         I wonder how many people who are complaining that can't get on the ship early enough are the same ones who are complaining that they made them get out of the cabin by 8:00 am or that they could not stay on the ship longer?

Not me, I get on as early as possible and I get off as early as possible.