"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

@Lovetocruise2002 your suite looks amazing!  We are happily onboard.  Amazing how the stress level dropped once we were on board.  We have 2 jr suites this cruise and I forgot how much I like this stateroom.  Almost better than the 2 bedroom GS (which is the only other suite we’ve been in). However we all miss the perks of the suite class.  We did find the coastal lounge (thanks @WAAAYTOOO) but there was a drill so haven’t met the concierge yet.  DD 12 and I are planning to go to next cruise to book fall break.  DH doesn’t want to go as for him,  3 cruises in a year is too many for him.  

We also saw One Sky.  I agree that it was fine.  Not great but entertaining enough. 

We did my time dining last night.  I was pleasantly surprised how quickly the line moved to be seated and food brought out.  It has been a few years since we ate in the MDR and we thought it was pretty good for MDR food.  We have the 3 night dinner package and the other nights we’ll be in CK.  

8 minutes ago, melski94 said:

We have the 3 night dinner package 

This is my new happy place.  After YEARS of doing the UDP we decided that it was just TOOO much food.  Now with the 3 night pkg plus our BOGO we can skip lunch, for the most part, and really enjoy dinner rather than forcing ourselves to go to dinner when we really aren't hungry.

24 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You have to leave your cabin to be "around." 😉

We left our cabin a bit today 😂

6 minutes ago, bellemiche said:

Well if they go to the Flowrider they will see her hubby! 🤣

Definitely! Just ask @recogneyes’s Hubby. They’ve run into each other at the FlowRider already.

After dinner we were excited to see Aqua80. As I mentioned lately in other blogs, I have yet to see a full showing of this show. I told Shane that I am beginning to think that I am jinxed for Aqua80. We saw a whole 10mins of it before they shut it down.

The ship picked up quite a bit of motion and you could see a lot of water sloshing out even before the show started. They tried to work with the bridge to stabilize the ship but no luck. So again, no Aqua80 for us.

However, I did manage to  take a pic of the “traffic light” system that the divers use. I remember we were talking about it on someone’s blog recently and I posted that I watched an Aqua Theatre documentary about how the divers look for the lights to turn green before going into a dive. There are two sets of these, one at each top corner. 
IMG_0494.thumb.jpeg.1709ec3bde436e2eb42ac777fb976a8b.jpeg

That’s it for tonight. The ship is rocking and I have been up since 6:30am. Calling it a night. 😴

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dinner was at 150CP tonight. We are not huge fans of the this place, but D17 likes the Lobster Thermidor, so we did one night for her. Dinner itself was fine and so was the service, but I still don’t love this place. 

OMG, 150CP was like my fave. I'm already planning my next meal there: short ribs 1st course, short ribs 2nd course, short ribs for dessert ... yum!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

r. Dinner itself was fine and so was the service, but I still don’t love this place. 

@Lovetocruise2002 the only thing I ever loved about 150 was the 6 (six)  fancy salts.  Even the breakaway bread never Wow’d me. It’s one of the first things I tell genie— I’m not to put 150 on our itinerary. Pass😄

Thank you for sharing your adventure!! My family and I will be in a Star Loft in a few weeks and we are so excited. I was wondering if you could stop by the suite sun deck on your sea day and see how busy it is. I’m trying to figure out if I will need to wake up early to hunt for a seat up there due to the spring break crowds. 

7 hours ago, bellemiche said:

I'm happy to hear that you didn't get soaked! 😉

Well we did not even get to that part of the show yet! Lol

1 hour ago, Cactus527 said:

I'm glad our ship wasn't the only one going bananas! I had to take Bonine last night and I typically don't have to. Ugh. 🤢

Kids had to take something too. I was thinking about it, but by then time the motion really picked up, I was ready for bed anyway. 

1 hour ago, Jorge_Jay said:

Thank you for sharing your adventure!! My family and I will be in a Star Loft in a few weeks and we are so excited. I was wondering if you could stop by the suite sun deck on your sea day and see how busy it is. I’m trying to figure out if I will need to wake up early to hunt for a seat up there due to the spring break crowds. 

Will do! Our first sea day is tomorrow and I will go check it out for you. In our past experience, the suite sundeck has never been too busy on a sea day. 

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dinner was at 150CP tonight. We are not huge fans of the this place, but D17 likes the Lobster Thermidor, so we did one night for her. Dinner itself was fine and so was the service, but I still don’t love this place. 

9 hours ago, MamaShark said:

@Lovetocruise2002 the only thing I ever loved about 150 was the 6 (six)  fancy salts.  Even the breakaway bread never Wow’d me. It’s one of the first things I tell genie— I’m not to put 150 on our itinerary. Pass😄

Agree with both of you.  I actually love GOING to 150.  I think it's the most elegant of all the restaurants but the menu is just not my cup of tea.  Dan loves it b/c he's into the exotic meats (ugh) but not me.  Also agree with @MamaSharkabout the salts.  That was my FAVORITE part of 150 and now that's gone, so unless we have the UDP or SC or for some reason just have an abundance of specialty dining to fill up, 150 is second only to Wonderland in getting the boot.

I also find it very interesting that both Wonderland and 150 CP have been eliminated from Icon.  I expect there is a correlation...

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The ship is rocking and I have been up since 6:30am. Calling it a night. 😴

Sorry to hear that you are having some motion issues.  Such a shame b/c last week the ocean was just like glass.  I never felt a SINGLE bump or sway the entire week.  Also a shame that you keep missing Aqua80's !!!

35 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I also find it very interesting that both Wonderland and 150 CP have been eliminated from Icon.  I expect there is a correlation...

I thought the same thing. Also interesting observation from last night is that even though it was formal night, 150 was only half full. They did not seem too busy in there at all. We ate a 6:30pm, which I would say falls into prime dinner time. 

Shane loaded Hubby and the freeloaders into a “cab” (Shane’s words 😂) and off they went. Then Shane and I headed to Starbucks to have a coffee. Now back on the balcony chilling. I might head to CK later for lunch because sadly, El Loco doesn’t open until 2pm. And there is lasagna on the CK lunch menu today, which I have never tried. That is about as exciting as my day is getting 😉

@Lovetocruise2002 so I actually saw you at 150cp yesterday.  My family would have endlessly heckled me if I went up to someone and said I recognize you from a blog.  We ate there too and enjoyed our beef and the chocolate/pb tart. We sat at playmakers last night to peak at the aqua show.  DD12 always feels motion so she wasn’t surprised.  Tonight is our Aqua80 reservations so hopefully the show is on. 

14 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After dinner we were excited to see Aqua80. As I mentioned lately in other blogs, I have yet to see a full showing of this show. I told Shane that I am beginning to think that I am jinxed for Aqua80. We saw a whole 10mins of it before they shut it down.

The ship picked up quite a bit of motion and you could see a lot of water sloshing out even before the show started. They tried to work with the bridge to stabilize the ship but no luck. So again, no Aqua80 for us. 

You are NOT allowed to go on Oasis when I am on it!  I don’t want to be missing Aqua 80’s. 

57 minutes ago, melski94 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 so I actually saw you at 150cp yesterday.  My family would have endlessly heckled me if I went up to someone and said I recognize you from a blog.  We ate there too and enjoyed our beef and the chocolate/pb tart. We sat at playmakers last night to peak at the aqua show.  DD12 always feels motion so she wasn’t surprised.  Tonight is our Aqua80 reservations so hopefully the show is on. 

What?! You should have ignored them and come to say hi. Please say hello if we see us again. My family heckles me constantly. I just ignore them lol

41 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

You are NOT allowed to go on Oasis when I am on it!  I don’t want to be missing Aqua 80’s. 

Haha! That is what Lisa said to me last night as we were leaving the show. She said perhaps we should not attempt to see the show together again this sailing 😂

39 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

That’s like an open book quiz!😂

Wait? So no prize? You are not going to adopt me? lol

5 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

this was arguably the saddest part (besides the missing salts from 150CP) while on board. 

ELF became a main stay for us!!!

It’s been a mainstay for many of our sailings. Is my memory failing or did they used to open earlier? 

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It’s been a mainstay for many of our sailings. Is my memory failing or did they used to open earlier? 

They were even open for breakfast on Wonder in June (nothing Mexican but I thought it would be a quiet place to have breakfast outdoors when we went back) but sadly it looks like they did away with breakfast. In any case, it may have closed briefly after breakfast to switch over the food but I'm pretty sure it was always open earlier than 1:00.

I know each ship is different and this stuff constantly changes, just sharing.