Opening Schedule for 2025 - 2026 Deployment

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

It's painful pricing out 2025 cruises and having to pick "adult" for my currently 11 yr old son.

Welcome to the club.

I will tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel when you eventually drop the freeloader from the reservation because they grew up and cannot travel with you anymore, but that is also painful in another way.  

Not surprised in the current rate climate, but was hoping the 2025 rates would be a little lower.  😬

* Alaska (MAY-JUNE) on Quantum/Anthem roughly $4,600-$5,000 for OV balcony (when you choose cabin).

* Western Med (MAY-JUNE) on Allure roughly $3,100-$3,500 for OV balcony (when you pick).

* Greek Isles (OCT) from Rome on Odyssey (7 or 10 night) roughly $3,600-$4,400 for OV balcony (when you pick).

Hmmm... need to make a decision soon either way.

Probably a wash since the airfare to Seattle will be cheaper than airfare to Barcelona, Rome, etc., from NY.

Personally, I am afraid to book any more European itineraries after the one we are taking in the summer of 2024. Last year, around this time, when I grabbed that sailing, we got a good rate for Voyager. However, what I did not anticipate was the crazy airfare. When I compare what we paid to get to LHR for our Norway sailing in the summer of 2022, the 2024 pricing is more than double.

The last few months has me feeling completely depressed when trying to find a way for us to get to Europe. I almost want to cancel the cruise, but cannot because we promised D17 this trip long ago for her graduation. Airfare, even economy is going to cost us way more than the cruise itself. That doesn't even factor in that it's not even good flight times. We're talking connections, etc. It's becoming the biggest pain.

I personally cannot justify going to Europe anymore unless this crazy airfare nonsense calms down, if it ever does. I might have to wait till I retire in a few years and go during the low season.

Debating if I should just go ahead and book Indy to the fjords or hold out for Celebrity next week. 

Amsterdam port schedule for June 2025 is showing Brilliance and Celebrity Eclipse several times as well as Indy (as a port stop). **edit: just saw that Brilliance will be out of Athens summer 2025. Guess Amsterdam is already limiting ships. Was hoping for a celebrity out of Amsterdam 😞

Not super thrilled with Indy although I’ve known she’d be out of Southampton for awhile now. 

Tempted to put a refundable deposit down then see what Celebrity has next week 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Personally, I am afraid to book any more European itineraries after the one we are taking in the summer of 2024. Last year, around this time, when I grabbed that sailing, we got a good rate for Voyager. However, what I did not anticipate was the crazy airfare. When I compare what we paid to get to LHR for our Norway sailing in the summer of 2022, the 2024 pricing is more than double.

The last few months has me feeling completely depressed when trying to find a way for us to get to Europe. I almost want to cancel the cruise, but cannot because we promised D17 this trip long ago for her graduation. Airfare, even economy is going to cost us way more than the cruise itself. That doesn't even factor in that it's not even good flight times. We're talking connections, etc. It's becoming the biggest pain.

I personally cannot justify going to Europe anymore unless this crazy airfare nonsense calms down, if it ever does. I might have to wait till I retire in a few years and go during the low season.

I totally understand this.

Flight costs to Europe were/are a big conversation for us.  We have two upcoming cruises from Southampton, one in the fall of 2024 and now one in the fall of 2025.  The unknown for 2025 flights is a bit unnerving.  Luckily, it's just the two of us now.  When all three boys were young, vacations were a lot different.  Thankfully we discovered Europe after they all grew up and left home.

We booked our flights to Italy for last month's cruise 10 months out, and the prices only got more expensive as time went on.  We are now 11 months out from the 2024 cruise and hemming and hawing about whether to book now or wait.  One thing in our favor is we can fly non-stop to LHR from Boston.

Something we decided before booking that European cruise in 2025 is that if the flight prices become ridiculous, we will eat the $100 pp change fee and cruise from somewhere closer.  Again, we are lucky that it's just the two of us now, so the (potential) change fees are easy enough to put in the budget since it's almost two years away.

I hope you can find easy and reasonable flights for 2024.

2 minutes ago, teddy said:

Luckily, it's just the two of us now. 

Exactly. You get it. When everything, including the crazy airfare is x4, it's bad.

3 minutes ago, teddy said:

We booked our flights to Italy for last month's cruise 10 months out, and the prices only got more expensive as time went on. 

I have had the same experience. We booked our flights as well for July 2024 as soon as it got released and it has not gone down at all, it has only climbed. And they started off so high already.

4 minutes ago, teddy said:

We are now 11 months out from the 2024 cruise and hemming and hawing about whether to book now or wait. 

I would grab it asap with Air2Sea and the re-price if it actually goes down.

6 minutes ago, teddy said:

Flight costs to Europe were/are a big conversation for us.  We have two upcoming cruises from Southampton, one in the fall of 2024 and now one in the fall of 2025.  The unknown for 2025 flights is a bit unnerving.  Luckily, it's just the two of us now.  When all three boys were young, vacations were a lot different.  Thankfully we discovered Europe after they all grew up and left home.

We booked our flights to Italy for last month's cruise 10 months out, and the prices only got more expensive as time went on.  We are now 11 months out from the 2024 cruise and hemming and hawing about whether to book now or wait.  One thing in our favor is we can fly non-stop to LHR from Boston.

Something we decided before booking that European cruise in 2025 is that if the flight prices become ridiculous, we will eat the $100 pp change fee and cruise from somewhere closer.  Again, we are lucky that it's just the two of us now, so the (potential) change fees are easy enough to put in the budget since it's almost two years away.

This is making me queasy lol

Have a Viking river cruise next December out of Budapest (Christmas Markets) and I just realized flights will likely be released soon. I could use Viking Air for $899. May have to seriously look at that. I know the flights won’t be ideal though. It’s either pay through the nose or be inconvenienced 

I find the new European cruises for 2025 disappointing in several respects.
No more cruises along the west coast of Norway and therefore no more Arctic Circle Cruise. Luckily I'm doing mine next year. 😅

With the removal of Anthem in Europe some cruises have unfortunately been completely discontinued.
For 2025 I wanted to book a cruise to the Canary Islands but instead of 4 dates there is only one cruise in early May - but it's not warm enough for me at that time.
Also the 14-day Mediterranean Cities and Med Beaches & Cities no longer seem to be offered.

Do you think there will be more dates released this week for summer 2025 cruises in Europe or is that it? 🙄

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Debating if I should just go ahead and book Indy to the fjords or hold out for Celebrity next week. 

Amsterdam port schedule for June 2025 is showing Brilliance and Celebrity Eclipse several times as well as Indy (as a port stop). **edit: just saw that Brilliance will be out of Athens summer 2025. Guess Amsterdam is already limiting ships. Was hoping for a celebrity out of Amsterdam 😞

Not super thrilled with Indy although I’ve known she’d be out of Southampton for awhile now. 

Tempted to put a refundable deposit down then see what Celebrity has next week 

Booked Indy and waiting to see if Celebrity sails out of Rotterdam or Southhampton to Norway with a better itinerary.

I like Indy but was hoping for a Radiance class for the Norwegian fjords. 

49 minutes ago, teddy said:

Jetblue flys direct from NYC to London and have a new route planned for Edinburgh. 

I flew with them across the pond in March, price was good and so was the flight itself.

Icelandair is another airline to check out. 

9 minutes ago, Ray said:

You will love Budapest and the Christmas Market, i was there last year for 4 nights and didn't want to leave 

We’re excited! 12 of us going. We’re sailing along the Danube with an overnight in Vienna. Also Krems, Passau, Regensburg. Then taking train to Prague for 3 nights. Should be epic! (And cold!) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Cruiser said:

I find the new European cruises for 2025 disappointing in several respects.
No more cruises along the west coast of Norway and therefore no more Arctic Circle Cruise. Luckily I'm doing mine next year. 😅

With the removal of Anthem in Europe some cruises have unfortunately been completely discontinued.
For 2025 I wanted to book a cruise to the Canary Islands but instead of 4 dates there is only one cruise in early May - but it's not warm enough for me at that time.
Also the 14-day Mediterranean Cities and Med Beaches & Cities no longer seem to be offered.

Do you think there will be more dates released this week for summer 2025 cruises in Europe or is that it? 🙄

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Since Brilliance is now in the Mediterranean (totally wrong call on my part early in this thread), it's possibly Jewel again out of Amsterdam. We're still midweek so there might be another round of itineraries released for Northern Europe?

Edit: The current sale ends tonight so Royal might be holding off this release until the next one begins tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if the next sale is less off versus the current.

56 minutes ago, teddy said:

We just booked refundable flights.  It cost more, but there's a piece of mind attached to that extra cost. 

lmao

Thankfully we booked refundable/changeable because going back and forth deciding which day to fly out of Boston, I ended up entering the wrong day when I completed the booking. 🤣

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I wish they weren't splitting out the LA cruises from this release.

I think many of us would prefer it to be less split up. Not much we can do except book with refundable deposits and then decide what to keep when whatever else you're waiting for is released.

I also wish the release of itineraries was not split up. I assume they do that so that the booking tools do not crash with many people making bookings at the same time. They could keep the booking split over several weeks but at least publish the itineraries so that we could review and plan before the booking tool is opened.

2 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I saw comment earlier but has it been confirmed that week of December 4th is only Star of the seas and all other 7 night Caribbean is this week?

Royal put out a flier that says 7N Caribbean "Phase 1" is this week and "Phase 2" is that week in December.

A very reliable TA source has posted that it is as you described, Star by itself in December, everything else by tomorrow.