quest game.

Here's my advice:

It's certainly "R" rated and not for kids.  Amazes me how many times I've seen parents bring their kids.

It's hilarious.

It's usually late (around 10:30PM).  On Voyager (or larger) classes, it's in Studio B (the ice is covered).  On smaller ships, in the lounge.

If you need to, take a nap so you can stay up for it. You'll thank me later.

I prefer it on ships that have Studio B as opposed to 270 but ymmv 

I’ve never been to one on an Oasis class nor on a ship smaller than Voyager class. 

I’m more of an observer than a participant, but pre-pandemic, our 19 year old was a team co-captain on our Adventure sailing.   He had a blast. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

but is it worth it lol

I've put it on my list for the first time but....is it worth all the hype?

That's subjective, like any show, food, music performance, etc.

Back in the day we used to see it every cruise and enjoyed it. Then we skipped it a few times if we were tired. Saw part of it after adult comedy ended last month on Wonder and it was fun but didn't hold the appeal it used to. In our case, probably some combination of getting older (even though we're by no means old, IMO, lol) and having seen it several times.

All that said, I think you should try everything once, especially since it's free. If you hate it, leave and don't go back. If you like it, you can look forward to seeing it in the future.

1 hour ago, baltodave said:

Here's my advice:

It's certainly "R" rated and not for kids.  Amazes me how many times I've seen parents bring their kids.

It's hilarious.

It's usually late (around 10:30PM).  On Voyager (or larger) classes, it's in Studio B (the ice is covered).  On smaller ships, in the lounge.

If you need to, take a nap so you can stay up for it. You'll thank me later.

On Allure in February, the CD staff were removing underage cruisers from the venue before it started.

3 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

On Allure in February, the CD staff were removing underage cruisers from the venue before it started.

On Oasis in January, the CD actually stopped the show to wait for children to leave after several announcements. 

6 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

but is it worth it lol

Like others have said, it is subjective. Personally I love it, extremely entertaining.

1 hour ago, Linda R said:

On Odyssey this year they held it in the Sports Plex, inside.  You basically had to stand the whole show.  I was not happy.   And most of the people were watching from the second level that made it near impossible to come down to join a quest.  

We were on the Odyssey in May and they didn't even do the Quest.  I would agree that Sportplex is not great location for it.  270 seems a better venue on Quantum class ships.  I agree with others that Studio B is the best location.  We saw it once on Serenade is the back lounge (Safari?).  It was so bad in that location that we actually left because you could not see anything going on unless you were sitting immediately around the dance floor.

12 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

but is it worth it lol

I’ve only done it once, It seemed to me that the people in the crowd had done it a lot, like they came prepared. It kind of felt…fabricated somehow, if that makes sense. I think if you had people who came and didn’t know shot e about it, that would be a riot.

16 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

100%.  Whether you're a spectator or a participant (I prefer participant, but I've enjoyed being a spectator as well).

We would 1000% be spectators hahaha. I know my own limit for embarrassment and even diamond drinks aren't enough to make me shed that 😅

12 hours ago, Bowen said:

I’ve only done it once, It seemed to me that the people in the crowd had done it a lot, like they came prepared. It kind of felt…fabricated somehow, if that makes sense. I think if you had people who came and didn’t know shot e about it, that would be a riot.

I can understand that. From the few clips I've seen (since it seems to be a [unspoken] rule not to record) it looks like it really leans into what craziness can people do when thrown in the heat of the moment? Lol

5 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I am VERY introverted. being in the front for the cha cha slide (which I'm so good at) makes me embarrassed lmao

You can participate without being in the action. Like when I did it they asked for each team to come up with a bottle of prescription medication. I had some with me so I threw it to the team leader without leaving my seat. In hindsight that could have been very bad if he’d been unable to catch it and it had hit the ground and popped open, so I wouldn’t do that again, but certainly you can help the team score without doing anything at all embarrassing.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:48 AM, Psycho and Barb said:

That and who the Cruise Director is...They make or break the show.  However, we have never been to a bad show.

100% true it all comes down to the Cruise Director.  There have been a few cruise directors on several of my recent cruises that have zero personality, and no sense of humor which can totally kill the Quest.   The same goes for the Love & Marriage game show you need great couples but the enjoyability of the entire show rests entirely on the shoulders of the cruise director. 

20 hours ago, Peter D said:

We were on the Odyssey in May and they didn't even do the Quest.  I would agree that Sportplex is not great location for it.  270 seems a better venue on Quantum class ships.  I agree with others that Studio B is the best location.  We saw it once on Serenade is the back lounge (Safari?).  It was so bad in that location that we actually left because you could not see anything going on unless you were sitting immediately around the dance floor.

We were on Odyssey for transatlantic cruise this year April/May and that is when they had Quest in sports complex.  So you must have went after us in May, when they did not have it at all.  Interesting. 

Its a must for us, only bad thing it seems to be on the last night before departure many times, but it is fun, I have been a team leader once, my wife still has pictures of me in high heels and a dress trying to walk in those heels, this game is probably not for everyone, but we enjoy it.