1st time and last time cruising!

@RCL_Cruiser Oh no! As a seasoned cruiser my last sailing had me thinking, thank goodness this wasn't my first sailing I would never sail again. Not knowing the specifics of your sailing.... my sailing was super weird, it's important to differentiate the irritants, was it the cruise line OR the passengers that had no clue how to behave on a ship? My sailing was sold out with over 4500 first time cruisers. I'm not saying not to contact corporate I'm saying maybe you could give sailing another try taking into consideration what you learned and your specific cruising style. 

Being it was your first time I realize maybe you didn't think things could be mitigated, but if the crew can help they will. By all means I have no idea what you endured but I understand with many cruises under my belt that if you pay for a product, you deserve the product. 

Our sailing was weird for lack of a better term and honestly it was a combination of our fellow passengers as well as the ships inability to mitigate some things. I promise you the time of year and size of ship I'm sure directly impacted your experience. I do not make excuses for Royal, sometimes they get it wrong (to many passengers, not enough ships offerings) but please reconsider a sailing opposite what you just experienced, maybe then you will fall in love with the seas like many of us have. 

I wish you a positive experience moving forward! Best of luck with the follow up!

5 hours ago, SweetPea said:

How do we know the OP didn't address it onboard to any satisfaction and that's why it now needs follow up? 🤔 

OP, please make sure you utilize the post cruise survey as well. 

Has anyone actually received follow up on that post cruise survey even after indicating you would like someone to follow up? I’ve never had any luck. 

18 hours ago, RCL_Cruiser said:

Hi All,

I wanted to ask if anyone can kindly provide me with a mailing address to send a letter of discontent to RCL regarding a recent cruise.

Thanks 

The snail mail is a complete waste of valuable time. If you have a complaint you should reach out to RC via social media channels and try to get the message out that way. In the past, I have had luck with emailing Sasha w/ corporate in the Miami offices after our loft flooded. 

sspencer@rccl.com

16 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Has anyone actually received follow up on that post cruise survey even after indicating you would like someone to follow up? I’ve never had any luck. 

No, that's why i said "as well." I have no idea if I'm correct, but my feeling is that the surveys identify trends so being honest on surveys never hurts. I went to town on the survey for my first Royal cruise (it SUCKED) and no one got back to me either,  but it at least felt cathartic writing it!

55 minutes ago, RCL_Cruiser said:

Not the answer I am looking for! 

Maybe not, but it's helpful advice in case you ever do cruise again. One thing I learned from being on this board is that if you have a problem on board you really need to escalate on board. It's not anyone being mean to your cause, which I do hope you get resolved, it just bears repeating over and over. I cruised with friends in April who had a problem with their room and I told them to go to customer service every single day and escalate. It never got resolved while they were on board, they had established that there was a problem, and they were given compensation after the fact. Were I not a member of this board I would never have known to tell them. All that said, I hope you get it fixed, I hope you cruise again, and (because there will probably be another problem you need addressed) I hope you take to heart that escalation on board is the way to get things done. 🙂

I have had issues on board and even doing the most due diligence I can while on board, it is rarely fixed after I leave the ship. You have to think of it this way. If the problem/issue was as bad, wouldn't they try to get it fixed while on board? If you wait until your no longer sailing it becomes "they said/they said" or you look like a scammer. Without any sort of documentation, nothing will be done. 

I will admit cruising is not for everyone. Royal may not be your cup of tea. I always give something a second chance, not thirds, but anything can happen to color one's perspective. What about this experience made you not want to cruise again? Would a different ship, itinerary, cruise line and/or maybe even a perspective have changed things? 

2 hours ago, RCL_Cruiser said:

Not the answer I am looking for! 

Hmmmm.....interesting response......

I did a quick google search for "how to contact Royal Caribbean" and got many different options to include "online chat".  Snail mail addresses, emails (several), many phone numbers, and social media accounts all available also.

Hope you get the answer you are looking for 😉

On 7/10/2023 at 4:43 PM, Bowen said:

Maybe not, but it's helpful advice in case you ever do cruise again. One thing I learned from being on this board is that if you have a problem on board you really need to escalate on board. It's not anyone being mean to your cause, which I do hope you get resolved, it just bears repeating over and over. I cruised with friends in April who had a problem with their room and I told them to go to customer service every single day and escalate. It never got resolved while they were on board, they had established that there was a problem, and they were given compensation after the fact. Were I not a member of this board I would never have known to tell them. All that said, I hope you get it fixed, I hope you cruise again, and (because there will probably be another problem you need addressed) I hope you take to heart that escalation on board is the way to get things done. 🙂

Thanks.  I am actually doing this for my sister-in-law who experienced the issue on the cruise thus, I created a letter on their behalf with the hopes they can resolve her issues. 

On 7/9/2023 at 11:02 AM, Neesa said:

@RCL_Cruiser Oh no! As a seasoned cruiser my last sailing had me thinking, thank goodness this wasn't my first sailing I would never sail again. Not knowing the specifics of your sailing.... my sailing was super weird, it's important to differentiate the irritants, was it the cruise line OR the passengers that had no clue how to behave on a ship? My sailing was sold out with over 4500 first time cruisers. I'm not saying not to contact corporate I'm saying maybe you could give sailing another try taking into consideration what you learned and your specific cruising style. 

Being it was your first time I realize maybe you didn't think things could be mitigated, but if the crew can help they will. By all means I have no idea what you endured but I understand with many cruises under my belt that if you pay for a product, you deserve the product. 

Our sailing was weird for lack of a better term and honestly it was a combination of our fellow passengers as well as the ships inability to mitigate some things. I promise you the time of year and size of ship I'm sure directly impacted your experience. I do not make excuses for Royal, sometimes they get it wrong (to many passengers, not enough ships offerings) but please reconsider a sailing opposite what you just experienced, maybe then you will fall in love with the seas like many of us have. 

I wish you a positive experience moving forward! Best of luck with the follow up!

My family and I actually love RCL however, the request for RCL contact information was for my sister-in-law who went on a cruise for the 1st time and experienced an issue on board the ship. I hope she gets some help from Bayely's office. 

On 7/8/2023 at 8:54 PM, RCL_Cruiser said:

Hi All,

I wanted to ask if anyone can kindly provide me with a mailing address to send a letter of discontent to RCL regarding a recent cruise.

Thanks 

RCL_Cruiser, 

If you have not done so, use Priority Mail and address it to Michael Bayley, CEO of Royal.

Jim