Helpful website for comparing The Key vs Suites + ship amenities

Mick

Hey all,

Long time reader and cruiser with Royal Caribbean and reader of this blog and love every minute onboard their ships.

I was getting tired of trying to compare different options available on each ship and between suites and The Key. I've been working on this for a couple of weeks which started out for just myself, but turned into something more when some friends and fellow cruisers started to want more info and it's just grown and grown. 🙂

I hope the website https://rc.cruises will be helpful for everyone who cruises with Royal and needs to compare different ships, suites, The Key, etc.

You can change the different suites when you want to compare The Key vs Grand Suite, or The Key vs SEA Royal Suites without seeing unnecessary information to get a true comparison (I use this more than once a week myself! 🙂). There is also direct links to blog posts on Royal Caribbean Blog for drink packages, CocoCay, The Key, etc. (Matt said yes to using the logo which I'm very grateful to identify links to here).

Love to know what everyone thinks and any feedback, and I hope you find it as helpful for your cruise planning 😁

Looks great!

1. You should probably split up Giovanni's Table and Giovanni's Kitchen into two separate venues as they're pretty different (despite the name).

2. You typoed "Costal" in the Coastal Kitchen heading.

3. Allure has "Wipe Out Cafe featuring El Loco Fresh" as a complimentary dining venue.

4. The 3rd column in the suite class section should be "Star", you listed it as "Sea."

NOTE: I think you know, but just to be clear, I'm just playing editor to help, not picking on tiny inaccuracies. I think this could be a big help to many cruisers, especially newer ones.

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

1. You should probably split up Giovanni's Table and Giovanni's Kitchen into two separate venues as they're pretty different (despite the name).

Thanks! I'll work on collecting which ship has each. 🙂

2. You typoed "Costal" in the Coastal Kitchen heading.

Thank you, will be fixed shortly.

3. Allure has "Wipe Out Cafe featuring El Loco Fresh" as a complimentary dining venue.

Interesting... I've been on Allure and completely missed this in putting all the data together. 😶‍🌫️

4. The 3rd column in the suite class section should be "Star", you listed it as "Sea."

Fixed shortly too.

NOTE: I think you know, but just to be clear, I'm just playing editor to help, not picking on tiny inaccuracies. I think this could be a big help to many cruisers, especially newer ones.

After looking over it day in day out it becomes a blur. I definitely appreciate it. 🙂 

Thanks!

On 7/6/2023 at 4:34 PM, Mick said:

Interesting... I've been on Allure and completely missed this in putting all the data together.

It used to just be "Wipe Out Cafe", small venue on the pool deck, aft. They quickly added the El Loco Fresh part last year when Allure moved from Florida to Galveston. I'm guessing it will become a full El Loco Fresh during its next dry dock.

And that made me think of another one...

Harmony has a small complimentary venue called "Mini Bites" in that spot.

Can you tell food is a big part of my cruise experiences? 😁

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

It used to just be "Wipe Out Cafe", small venue on the pool deck, aft. They quickly added the El Loco Fresh part last year when Allure moved from Florida to Galveston. I'm guessing it will become a full EL Loco Fresh during its next dry dock.

Ah okay haven't been on Allure since 2014 so that's why I don't remember it 😆

And that made me think of another one...

Harmony has a small complimentary venue called "Mini Bites" in that spot.

That's one I decided to exclude due to the limited availability across ships. There's so much data I didn't think showing it would be worthwhile just for 1 ship?

Can you tell food is a big part of my cruise experiences? 😁

That's 80% the reason I love cruising so you're not alone 😉 

1 minute ago, Mick said:

That's one I decided to exclude due to the limited availability across ships. There's so much data I didn't think showing it would be worthwhile just for 1 ship?

Definitely not a big deal either way, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Mick said:

That's 80% the reason I love cruising so you're not alone

👍

Thank you!

A couple of comments:

1) I think all ships have been converted to Starlink.

2) Maybe include ship class data, tonnage, passengers, etc., when the class is clicked inside the grid. Clicking on the header should sort by ship class as it does now.

3) I think the older ship deployment link is messed up.

4) Make the explanations of "app features" match. I still don't know what you mean by x-ray vision. 🙂 And I have never seen some of those things on the RCL phone app.

Great stuff!

22 hours ago, Mick said:

Hey all,

Long time reader and cruiser with Royal Caribbean and reader of this blog and love every minute onboard their ships.

I was getting tired of trying to compare different options available on each ship and between suites and The Key. I've been working on this for a couple of weeks which started out for just myself, but turned into something more when some friends and fellow cruisers started to want more info and it's just grown and grown. 🙂

I hope the website https://rc.cruises will be helpful for everyone who cruises with Royal and needs to compare different ships, suites, The Key, etc.

You can change the different suites when you want to compare The Key vs Grand Suite, or The Key vs SEA Royal Suites without seeing unnecessary information to get a true comparison (I use this more than once a week myself! 🙂). There is also direct links to blog posts on Royal Caribbean Blog for drink packages, CocoCay, The Key, etc. (Matt said yes to using the logo which I'm very grateful to identify links to here).

Love to know what everyone thinks and any feedback, and I hope you find it as helpful for your cruise planning 😁

What a labor of love; this is fantastic!!  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

4 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

1) I think all ships have been converted to Starlink.

The info I could find didn't confirm 100% that all ships have been updated

2) Maybe include ship class data, tonnage, passengers, etc., when the class is clicked inside the grid. Clicking on the header should sort by ship class as it does now.

I had thought about adding that data originally but there is other websites which show it such as CDP so I didn't see the need to replicate it and focused more on features and other data that isn't readily available elsewhere.

3) I think the older ship deployment link is messed up.

It used to work 😞  I'll get it fixed. 🙂

4) Make the explanations of "app features" match. I still don't know what you mean by x-ray vision. 🙂 And I have never seen some of those things on the RCL phone app.

Thank you for the reminder, that's one bit of info I need to work on. 🙂 The x-ray feature pretty neat when I used it on Symphony ages ago that let you view into the bridge. Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrH5o0r6AgA

This is a great resource!  It is already bookmarked!

Feedback:  I just got off Wonder last week, and as for a few minor corrections to your table of information, Wonder does indeed have Starlink for Voom internet, it has a Bionic Bar (5th floor), and Wonderland (12th floor).

5 minutes ago, MarvinS said:

Feedback:  I just got off Wonder last week, and as for a few minor corrections to your table of information, Wonder does indeed have Starlink for Voom internet, it has a Bionic Bar (5th floor), and Wonderland (12th floor).

Thank you very much for this I'll get it updated! 🙂 

On 7/7/2023 at 11:43 PM, The Fox said:

I'm having trouble scrolling side to side. On a PC using Firefox.

When you’re attempting to scroll make sure you’re not dragging on the header of each column but rather any of the rows of ships and that should work for you 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of updates to the site from user feedback, so keep it coming! 🙂

• Added search for ship name and ship class.
  • Ships with Solo Staterooms
  • Added RCL Shareholder benefit table
  • Added Going, Going, Gone sale link
  • New settings menu
  • New option to hide floating feedback button
  • New option to shrink header and hide welcome message

On 7/9/2023 at 11:12 PM, smokeybandit said:

One suggestion for improvement would be the ability to filter the columns. If you only want to sail ships that have X, Y and Z that'd make it easy.

You can choose the data visible by using the filter option and only viewing what you need, unless I've misunderstood you?

image.png.2d0044af2e44469f587670e4bafe5e6d.png

@Mick I really wish I had more use for your site. It was great when you first posted it and I gave some early bug/typo reports and it will clearly just keep getting better.

Unfortunately/fortunately I just sail out of PC due to convenience so I'm rarely comparing one ship to another, lol, but I bet it will help tons of others.

Keep up the good work!

Holy crap this is GREAT! Once upon a time there was a rough version of something like this on Wikipedia (photo) and I asked a while back if anyone could rebuild it and I don't know if you were in that thread but regardless you have answered ALL my asking! I've only glanced at it but I LOVE how much information you have here!

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

@Mick Unfortunately/fortunately I just sail out of PC due to convenience so I'm rarely comparing one ship to another, lol, but I bet it will help tons of others.

Oh I have a similar-ish issue sailing out of any Australian port, we get 2-3 ships and none of the new ones 😞  Flying to the US is the only option for new ships so planning is important. One of the reason for building this site to make it easier for planning.

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2023 at 6:25 PM, ScottD said:

Looks great ( I believe Oasis has a digital key option that you can use with the app.  I don't know if you want to add that because there are no other "digital controls" for the rooms other than that. Thank you so much for this, its very cool

Thanks, I'll make those changes! :)

• 4 months later...

Hey all, happy Icon launch this week!

Few changes recently which I'll highlight below relating to Icon and a new section.

• Shows at Sea: This new section will provide information for what is being performed on each ship. I was trying to book a new cruise and wanted to see something different which was why this section was born with links to each show. 🙂
    image.thumb.png.9c3fdaa8c639e0d4d7bee5ab874445fe.png

• Added link to 2025-2026 Opening Schedule
  • Hooked now added to Icon of the Seas
  • Fish & Ships now complimentary on Independence

As always any feedback is greatly appreciated! 🙂