No more Lobster Night!

Debinwaller

We are on Adventure this week and found out some BAD information ! We hadn’t seen lobster night come up and we only had two days left. So I checked with guest services and was informed that starting with our cruise, Royal would no longer offer Lobster Night! I told him there were gonna be a lot of disappointed folks cause we loved that special night!!! 

Adventure is just 4/5 night sailings.  Was on it just before X-Mas and scheduled on it again in March.  On my pre-X-Mas cruise, the only lobster available in the main dining room during was available with an upcharge if you ordered from the chops specialty section, not the main menu.  I am not sure I have seen lobster night on any of my recent 4/5 night sailings.

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 6:39 AM, twangster said:

Historically, pre-pandemic that was the approach.   

Exactly... 

People who don't know just spreading rumors and especially lies. It's always been like this. So nothing new or bad. 

Royal Caribbean can't possibly transport hundreds of thousands of lobsters from Carribean to Europe. 

And then, same guests who hate Royal Caribbean book Celebrity or Disney which is 2, 3 times the cruise fare alone. 

You can't possibly compare apples to oranges!!! 

Most of us can't spend 5-10 thousands on a cruise vacation. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, Pooch said:

And again, none of this is new.

Exactly... not new at all. No lobster on a 8 day cruise to Norway out of Copenhagen in 2015.

This was back in the days when the menu had names like "sage" and you could get a chilled soup every night.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Foodog said:

Just finished a 7 night France, Spain out of Southhampton and no Lobster night. You could purchase one on any night.   

Welcome to the boards, if you had read the entire post then you would have known only sailing over 7 nights from the USA gets a lobster night. 

so...as someone who doesn't eat shellfish and therefore never participated in lobster night...

What makes it lobster night? was it just the unlimited part? because reading this topic, it sounds like there's no free lobster at all and we just got off of Harmony and on the second formal night in the main dining room you can the lobster tail as part of the included dining just like before...so I'm confused by all this "no lobster night" talk.

54 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

so...as someone who doesn't eat shellfish and therefore never participated in lobster night...

What makes it lobster night? was it just the unlimited part? because reading this topic, it sounds like there's no free lobster at all and we just got off of Harmony and on the second formal night in the main dining room you can the lobster tail as part of the included dining just like before...so I'm confused by all this "no lobster night" talk.

I don't eat lobster. But usually on the second formal night of a 7n cruise from USA ports there was unlimited lobster. The new change is you get one lobster tail and have to pay for any extras. You can also upcharge lobster as you stated. 

17 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't eat lobster. But usually on the second formal night of a 7n cruise from USA ports there was unlimited lobster. The new change is you get one lobster tail and have to pay for any extras. You can also upcharge lobster as you stated. 

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Simply the night that has lobster (tails) on the menu.  With the new menu, it's Royal Night, often the 2nd to last night.

You're not missing much. By far the most overhyped thing about cruise dining.

So...there is still a lobster night...it's just not an unlimited lobster night....?

And people are mad enough about the lack of unlimited that they don't think there's a lobster night at all anymore?

I just think that language will be confusing to first timers who may think there's no free lobster period....

This entire post was misleading.

The original OP was talking about a cruise shorter than 7N and then people sailing on Med/European cruises kept replying that they didn't have a lobster night. When that criteria wouldn't qualify anyway.

It just like when people post they removed something, and a ship never had it....i.e. Freestyle machines on Liberty. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2023 at 12:03 PM, Ampurp85 said:

Welcome to the boards, if you had read the entire post then you would have known only sailing over 7 nights from the USA gets a lobster night. 

Yea thanks. I read it and even the ones out of the states don't have lobster. I was simply adding an additional comment.