But will there be a walrus? Jewel Arctic Cruise, June 20-July 2, 2022

KristiZ

8 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. It's been amazing. 😍

Please tell me what this is??? I don't remember ever seeing one of these before and it looks fabulous.

Also, can you tell me how you found the WiFi during your cruise? I've read that it can be less than efficient the farther north you go?

Thanks again. 😊

So glad you enjoyed it!

This is the chocolate dessert at Giovanni's. MisterZ says "it was delicious. 10/10 would eat it again". And also "next time I will make sure my MIL orders her own so she doesn't eat half of mine!".

I forgot I was going to comment on the wifi! It was actually surprisingly good for 1) how old the ship is, and 2) how far north the ship was. It was certainly slower than on land, but there were almost no outages at all, only briefly once or twice when the fjord was very narrow and tall. It was actually better than our Enchantment cruise in the Caribbean last March.

11 hours ago, KristiZ said:

This is the chocolate dessert at Giovanni's.

I forgot I was going to comment on the wifi! It was actually surprisingly good

Hmm, I don't remember seeing that dessert on the menu the couple of times we've eaten at Giovanni's. I wonder if it's new. I will definitely have to look out for it.

That's good to know about the WiFi. Having just YOLO booked Norway for next year, I was wondering if it would be worth buying. I hate to be without it but I'd equally hate to pay Royal's price for sub-par service.