Has anyone noticed an increase in cruise line TV commercials?

Yes am I’m loving it.   

I think from mid-March or perhaps early April and on ward throughout the remainder of  2022 it is going to be a phenomenal year for the cruise industry here in the US. I also think the European cruise season this year may approach 2018-2019 levels in terms of passengers and perhaps even profits.

There was a time during the cruise industry shutdown when the media was using cruise lines as the scapegoat that I thought all the bad news would turn off many new cruisers. However being on Anthem right now I’ve met around 25 first time cruisers who decided to jump on an 11 night cruise they were not dissuaded by all the negative spin the media attempt to do to the cruise industry.  Based on my personal experience on this cruise and my last cruise with first time cruisers I think the cruise industries future in this country has never been brighter. Keep running the TV commercials because there are still people out there that are first time cruisers who are looking at those commercials. 

We were parked next to the Mardi Gras in Nassau in Dec.  The Diamond Concierge was telling us that the roller coaster ride on the ship cost like $15 a ride.  Not sure if that was for everyone or certain guests get reduced rate/free rides.  The ship looked nice but I'm not a big Carnival fan.  It has been many moons since I was on Carnival so things have probably gotten better.

During shutdown, Stitch Fix ran a commercial using music very similar to the old, pre-COVID "Come Seek" campaign. Every time I had my back to the TV and heard it, I would turn around excited to see Royal. However, it was always followed with sadness and disappointment at just dumb clothes. "Stupid Stitch Fix!" was said many times in my house over those months. 😆  

I recently mentioned this to my wife.  I watch the old geezer channels and see Royal Caribbean ads often.  She watches mainstream TV and has yet to see a Royal ad.  Apparently, this far from cruise ports, it's not a targeted market for such ads on the major channels.

Sorry, I stopped watching most broadcast tv a long while ago.  What little I watch comes from OTA stations and they usually run commercials for the local furniture places and I am VERY good at tuning them out.  Sometimes I think, "maybe I should go watch some of the commercials for the cruise lines on Youtube or something..."   Then I laugh at myself and realize it's not worth messing up a good thing.  I actually run a DNS filter on my router that blocks most advertisements from loading and what's left over is pretty well killed by Brave and uBlock Origin.

Getting off the cable teat and killing most news watching has helped me mentally so much that all I can do is try and talk others into doing the same.  Believe me, unless your job requires the information the things happening half way around the world does not generally affect the general public's daily life.

Some of this may actually be personalized to you. If you have a smart TV and are using an app to watch live TV (YouTubeTV or Apple TV rather than a typical cable subscription), or you are watching something like YouTube or Hulu that has ads, many of the commercial spots are OTT ads that are served to you depending on personal data, which can include things like webpages you visit, videos you watch, things you like or follow on Facebook, traditional demographics, recent purchases, as well as tons of other data points of yourself and those around you. 

So, while I have seen some Royal ads here and there lately, the volume you're seeing and the range of lines you're seeing them from may very well be targeted specifically to you.

A few weeks ago here in Florida, Royal was saturating TV spots. Carnival had 2 spots going (which weren’t very good). 

Recently Carnival added a new one featuring their roller coaster. Disney has joined in and Virgin had one on last night with Madonna’s sing, Like a Virgin. Can’t remember any from NCL. 

Royal’s to me have been the best because they’re highlighting ports. Sunshine, beaches, Alaska etc. Disney is second. Carnival and Virgin didn’t keep my attention at all. Like a Virgin made me look, but it just showed the pretty people.