Royal Up Program

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I never received anything on Royal up for my February sailings.  However, when I went to the royalup website and put in my reservation number it showed the bids available to me.  Same happened for my January cruise, but I did receive one for my March cruise.  Seems to be an issue somewhere!

I meant that I hadn't heard anything on my bid (I'm on the same sailing as SPS, got an email and bid quite a while ago).  No issue here.

Quick story.

I was in the app looking over the check-in prompts and noticed for a quick 10 seconds I could not see my stateroom or muster station. It was blank. I got soooo excited thinking my royal up was accepted.... Then my original stateroom appeared.... My heart sank 😁. I'm 25 days out so it's not to late. LOL

3 hours ago, SPS said:

That's odd. I just checked my inbox and I received the Royal Up email at 53 days to go.

I got my Royal Up email at least 2 weeks ago and my cruise is March 6th!  This is the first time I have been able to try for a larger room!  But with still so many days to go...it's making it a very LONG wait to find out!!!!  LOL

I have a silly question.  Have never done the Royal Up.  There are 3 of us currently scheduled for Allure of th Seas on 4/2/22.  I have done some research and it looks like 2 of the 3 of us would pay the upgrade if accepted.  Does that mean the 3rd doesn’t pay anything extra at all?  And even more silly, what are the minimum costs for upgrades?  Is it a percentage or a dollar amount?  We are in a larger ocean view room.  Wouldn’t mind going a little bigger if we an???

24 minutes ago, CathyEtch said:

I have a silly question.  Have never done the Royal Up.  There are 3 of us currently scheduled for Allure of th Seas on 4/2/22.  I have done some research and it looks like 2 of the 3 of us would pay the upgrade if accepted.  Does that mean the 3rd doesn’t pay anything extra at all?  And even more silly, what are the minimum costs for upgrades?  Is it a percentage or a dollar amount?  We are in a larger ocean view room.  Wouldn’t mind going a little bigger if we an???

Correct, you are only charged for the first two people in the room and the 3rd would not owe anything.  The minimum cost for an upgrade really varies.  I've seen the minimum of $50 per person (lower category) and as high as $1500 per person (suites).

On 1/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, mnshortie21 said:

I was not going to bid on a balcony, but I checked this week on the bid I do have for a neighborhood interior and saw for the balcony category a notice, "Pricing above reflects a 25% discount to normal bid pricing. Act fast as this promotion is only valid until Jan 31, 2022" 

Has anyone else seen this in RoyalUp? Is it normal? Might it go lower?  It's extremely tempting as I have never had a balcony.

@mnshortie21I received a 20% discount on a minimum bid for Interior - OV Balcony on Oasis in early December.  Minimum bid was reduced to $125 from $145 or $150 (can't remember which); I bid $135 and won the upgrade.  I probably could have won it with a minimum bid of $125.  If you don't care too much for your present location, I would double check current balcony fares and go from there.  I ended up saving about $300 total -- and my daughter's first cruise was in a balcony vs. in an interior 🙂

For our October cruise on the Odyssey, we put in a slightly above minimum RU bid on a Grand Suite to a Star class Loft Suite and got it. We were notified about 5 days out from the cruise and truly enjoyed the upgrade.

Originally we were supposed to be on an 8-day on the Independence out of Miami, but they shifted us to Odyssey out of Fort Lauderdale, kept us in the same Grand Suite category, but at the Indy price.  All said, this was the lowest price we will ever see a star class suite...

I know this isn't as major as all those being accepted for their suite upgrades, but I'm still really excited we just won our Royal Up bid! 

This is our third Royal Caribbean cruise, and I always choose Interior GTY for budget, as a solo parent to two teens. However, this year I scored a great deal on our Int GTY room, then was able to reprice it 3 times, so thought that I would give the RoyalUp a go...and found out today (6 days until cruising) that we have been accepted for an Ultra Spacious Ocean view!  SO excited, we sail on Sunday on Oasis! Now to just pass our covid testing....

For those who are curious, I received the RoyalUp email to offer bids December 22, for our Feb 13th sailing. I placed the minimum bid ($65 CDN or about $50 USD per person), so for $130 CDN we were upgraded! 🙂