Royal Shareholder OBC

Rob&Ana

I just wanted to recommend anyone applying for the Shareholder OBC to do it via the PDF form and not the new electronic system. I just sent in 3 PDF's on a Saturday before noon and have already herd back on each request and the OBC has been applied and visible on my cruise planner.  I did a Google search for the PDF form and was able to download it.

I requested one last week via the electronic system and still nothing....

I downloaded one and use it as my master copy. I make copies as needed, fill them out, and email them in to shareholder services. Usually get a confirmation response within a short time letting me know it was received. Then I get the email that the request was approved usually the next day or two.

My most recent were two forms submitted for a back to back next week. I emailed both in on Sept 6. Twenty minutes later I got the automated message acknowledging receipt. On Sept 9 I received the email approving both requests.

I'll give this a try if my electronic form gets rejected again. It was ejected the first time because there was something wrong with the document I sent as proof of ownership. The rejection lists 3 or 4 things that might have been wrong, but doesn't tell you exactly what. This took about a week for the response. 

6 hours ago, BrianB said:

I send a copy of my brokerage account. Only the single page that has the Royal Caribbean shares listed. I black out my account number. It has my name and the date is the most recent monthly statement issued. It has to be reasonably close to the sail date. Never had it rejected.

Is there a requirement for how long you need to own your shares, or is it just in proximity? I am ALMOST at enough shares to qualify for this and our next cruise is in November.

4 hours ago, bryresangel said:

Is there a requirement for how long you need to own your shares, or is it just in proximity? I am ALMOST at enough shares to qualify for this and our next cruise is in November.

You just need to be able to send a financial stockholder record showing 100 shares.  Redact other info. (Except your name and the RCCL stock info and statement date) It needs to be “current”,  and I believe within 30 days of sailing (so I can’t send my statement now for my February sailing) so once you hit 100 shares go for it.  I think it’s supposed to be submitted a few weeks before sailing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, BrianB said:

I send a copy of my brokerage account. Only the single page that has the Royal Caribbean shares listed. I black out my account number. It has my name and the date is the most recent monthly statement issued. It has to be reasonably close to the sail date. Never had it rejected.

Thanks for this info.  I was a bit concerned about sending my account statement !!!

On 9/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, Rob&Ana said:

I just wanted to recommend anyone applying for the Shareholder OBC to do it via the PDF form and not the new electronic system. I just sent in 3 PDF's on a Saturday before noon and have already herd back on each request and the OBC has been applied and visible on my cruise planner.  I did a Google search for the PDF form and was able to download it.

I requested one last week via the electronic system and still nothing....

So, is your recommendation when sending in the "Shareholder Onboard Credit Request Form" PDF to submit one for each cruise?  Since the form says "Reservation number/s:" I wondered if one form would work for 4 different (not B2B or SbS) cruises...

9 hours ago, YOLO said:

So, is your recommendation when sending in the "Shareholder Onboard Credit Request Form" PDF to submit one for each cruise?  Since the form says "Reservation number/s:" I wondered if one form would work for 4 different (not B2B or SbS) cruises...

I only do 2 bookings at once now. In the past I did one with 3 but they only did 2 of them so had to resubmit the forgotten/missed booking.