Royal Caribbean Blog

Value of C&A Diamond status

26 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

Thank you for the pictures!  I was excited before, but seeing those pictures has increased my enthusiasm.  It was less than $200 to add a second person to the room (pricing is so weird), so if my daughter decides she will get too sea sick and my husband decides no, I really will not lose much money on a solo sailing.  

These days, I am not worried about guaranteed sunshine for this time next year-I will be happy with a guaranteed sailing.

In the aft JS I did hear some sound from the lounge below but mostly during the day or early evening.  It never bothered me.

We have never had any uncomfortable sea conditions coming out of Baltimore making for Bermuda but then again, neither of us are sensitive to ship motion.  There have only been 2 cruises where we felt repercussions from sea conditions and that was coming out of Bayonne during a nor'easter and doing a TA to Europe.  Neither of us got sick but we were not carefree, happy cruisers some of those days, either. 

On 10/24/2020 at 8:20 PM, twangster said:

If your spouse and the kids are under 18 then you all become Diamond if you are in a declared relationship and the kids are associated with your account, all by you cruising solo and becoming Diamond.  Under current rules the kids would be Diamond for life even when they grow up.  That's a pretty good gift.  

I only have one thing to say @twangsterthank you and you may have just created a monster with that information right there......😂

06A11D41-7810-4079-A511-554B03785C58_4_5005_c.jpeg

15 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

I only have one thing to say @twangsterthank you and you may have just created a monster with that information right there......😂

season 4 fear of the krabby patty GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Simple phone call to C&A to get everyone in the relationship and associated.  Call C&A, not the main Royal number.  ‭(800) 526-9723‬

Have the kids sailed Royal before?

22 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

This comment makes me laugh.  About a year ago, my two girls (12/14) realized that they would hit D+ before they turn 18.  Hubby and I will get it first and they will be D+ on their own shortly after that.  This was even before Covid set us back a bit, we would be at D+ already if it wasn't for all the cancellations this year.  Anyway, very quickly, they did some research on their own, and they already have memorized the list of benefits that will apply to them.  Other than alcohol, they already make good use of their D benefits right now when we cruise.  I have raised cruise addicts and monsters too lol.  But I told them that I expect them to fund my way to Pinnacle status once they get working.  So really, who is the monster? 😆

Yes @twangster we usually do one or two short cruises with the kids per year, and with the information that you were so kind to provide we will be calling the C&A club and linking them up so we can all get the same credit.  And @Lovetocruise2002that is a absolutely amazing idea, nope you are not a monster just a planner!  I believe that since you paid for them to get to D+ that they could easily help you to get to Pinnacle status, its a fair trade!!😂

On 10/25/2020 at 7:48 AM, Pooch said:

I know Raye and Dan (can I presume to use your names?) sail out of Baltimore frequently but we were really rocking & rolling that trip.

We sailed out of Baltimore on Grandeur and the seas were disappointingly calm. We enjoy a little rocking motion while we sleep but the water was smooth as glass all the way. Apparently a hurricane in the Gulf sucked all the energy out of the Gulf Stream and didn't give us any wave action to enjoy.

3 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

We sailed out of Baltimore on Grandeur and the seas were disappointingly calm. We enjoy a little rocking motion while we sleep but the water was smooth as glass all the way. Apparently a hurricane in the Gulf sucked all the energy out of the Gulf Stream and didn't give us any wave action to enjoy.

Boy, those hurricanes are damned if they do and damned if they don't!

1 hour ago, bhageerah said:

And @Lovetocruise2002that is a absolutely amazing idea, nope you are not a monster just a planner!  I believe that since you paid for them to get to D+ that they could easily help you to get to Pinnacle status, its a fair trade!!😂

That is exactly the way I see it! 😂

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

We had very bad luck weather wise.  Really choppy seas, kinda funny to watch the “dressed to the nines” crowd trying to walk down the hallways.  And it rained every day for at least several hours while in Bermuda.  The locals said they’d never seen such bad weather in May.  And yet, we had a great time!!!