Royal Caribbean Blog

What is your favorite memory from your last cruise you took?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was our 7th wedding anniversary and we decided to take the 2019 holiday cruise on Mariner since we never had a honeymoon. We had so much fun but one of our favorite things is the unlimited dining p

My (then) 19 y/o son did the second leg of my back to back with me back in Jan-Feb.  I encouraged him to go Quest even though I was too tired to go.  He went and ended up being a team captain.  The

This will probably sound pedestrian compared to the cool adventures already posted, but the first thing that popped into my head was, on our last cruise on Lady O in 11/18, after dinner my wife and I

Posted Images

My last Bermuda sailing on Anthem, I got to see Joyce Kuo (lead guitarist for We Will Rock You) perform acoustic guitar in the Schooner Bar on our first night out. But the really memorable part was that I got to spend about 10 or 15 minutes after her set just chatting with her about her background in music, the experience of auditioning for WWRY and learning the music, and what it was like to be a performer on board. All from the context of my daughter being a musician (singer) and looking to find a career performing.

She was so down to earth and friendly, and more than happy to talk about her career and offer tips to relay to my daughter. I felt bad when I realized how long I'd been talking with her when she needed to get to another performance that night.

I barely recall :(  I guess I would say snorkeling and walking around all of Coco Cay back in....le sigh...last November.  And side sad note and word of caution, don't click on past cruises - your cancelled ones show up and make you weepy!  My two are there for this year, hoping the third doesn't end up there as no points awarded 🥺

Sail away on Symphony of the Seas from Miami, just realizing that I won't have contact with work for 7 wonderful nights and nothing to worry about, since I can't do anything about it. I refuse to access / pay for the internet service, just to decompress for a few days.

For us, me especially, the last one we did was Harmony in late January and coming down from Maine, we appreciated the warmth and humidity! That first time stepping onto the ship, hearing the loud music, feeling the warmth on your face, knowing you don't have to shovel for 7 days, and then look for a bartender...it's a wonderful feeling! 🙂 And on that particular sailing our daughter's birthday was our day in St. Maarten, so swimming and enjoying the ocean and beach with her, in that setting, was something I'll never forget. Too many memories to pick a best! Can't wait to make many more!

We loved everything about our sailing on Symphony last Sep 2019 from the time we embarked all the way through the disembarkation. As we walked off the ship our only regret was not booking a B2B. Luckily, we now have a B2B planned for Sep 21...we'll probably wish we booked a B2B2B when that trip ends, too. 

There are so many memories , if i have to pick one it would be going on our first RCL cruise on Oasis this past january .  We drove from Ontario Canada . We left snow to go on this cruise , it was for my 60th birthday . My wife said pick your vacation .. I heard great things about Oasis prior to being amped ,  but wow what a ship  .   We did as much as we could on sail days and enjoyed the ports when we stopped . I enjoyed the the Escape room , the rock climbing wall  , zip lining ,  wave rider , water slides , my wife did some of this as well but sometimes watched the crazy guy lol.  I still rave about the food , and the shows especially the  Aqua 80s show and the ice show .. they were all good but these stand out .. I will give my wife credit she did the zip line on the island laying down , she thought she was doing the one sitting  down .. i believe that she will try it again ..  The people you meet and  the crew working  here were all great .. one thought that i had going was how long of a wait in line to do the activities and i was amazed how quick it was to do anything ...

We did not want to leave , we are hooked cannot wait to go again

20200107_094743.jpg

There are so many memories from our honeymoon this past January on Mariner! This was both our second cruise (he was 13 when his family did a Carnival cruise and I was a senior in college on Majesty)! We loved watching a movie on the pool deck while enjoying some drinks, we loved our jet ski excursion at Coca Cay and our sunset cruise at Nassau! We loved hanging out at the English Pub with our favorite bartender, Anthony as well as Schooners with Charlene! The best part (as cliché as it sounds) loved being together and being cut off from the real world! We were supposed to be making more memories in 3 days on Oasis and celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary but #rona had other plans 😭🤬! We are hoping to do the same cruise on Oasis next fall!Image may contain: 2 people, including Kayleigh Meagher, people smiling, cloud, sky and outdoorImage may contain: cloud, sky, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

I have only been on two cruises, last one was mid-2018 and was a repositioning Port Everglades to San Juan with stops in Nassau, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Ship was (if I remember) Freedom. 

This one is easy. Second full day, the first of two sea days between Nassau and St. Maarten, was rainy and very choppy. I'm not one to get motion sick, so I ended up having the pool to myself as, it seemed, all 4,000ish other passengers (including my wife) were staying in their rooms. Literally, I had the entire pool complex to myself, and I sat in the pool, sloshing back and forth with the waves, rain coming down, with a few drinks (hand over the top between sips to keep the rain from watering them down) and watching ChiveTV fail videos on the big screen for about two hours and laughing my ass off. 

Next day the pool deck was packed in the sun, but I will never forget those hours I had the entire pool to myself on a 4,000 passenger ship.  

50 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

I have only been on two cruises, last one was mid-2018 and was a repositioning Port Everglades to San Juan with stops in Nassau, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Ship was (if I remember) Freedom. 

This one is easy. Second full day, the first of two sea days between Nassau and St. Maarten, was rainy and very choppy. I'm not one to get motion sick, so I ended up having the pool to myself as, it seemed, all 4,000ish other passengers (including my wife) were staying in their rooms. Literally, I had the entire pool complex to myself, and I sat in the pool, sloshing back and forth with the waves, rain coming down, with a few drinks (hand over the top between sips to keep the rain from watering them down) and watching ChiveTV fail videos on the big screen for about two hours and laughing my ass off. 

Next day the pool deck was packed in the sun, but I will never forget those hours I had the entire pool to myself on a 4,000 passenger ship.  

What percentage of the chairs had been grabbed by the chair hogs who never used them?

Last September we did a B2B on Harmony..  We met so many cool people that have become lifelong friends and cruise friends.. That's 90% of what cruising is all about.. 

We cruised on Empress in 2018..  Struck up a conversation with some older folks who ended up being from STL like us.. As it turns out they knew my brothers..  One of the guys turned out to be my old high school buddy's dad.. I actually spent many nights at their house when I was a teenager...  That was pretty awesome to re-connect and become part of the "family" again lol 

Sailing past Gallipoli upstream on the Bosphorus, and thinking about the Anzacs, British, Indian , French and Turkish troops who were engaged in the futile and pointless campaign there in 1915.  And how many were injured and died, thanks to an idiotic idea from Winston Churchill.  Then going on into the Golden Horn, and seeing the beautiful Blue Mosque and the Haga Sophia in Istanbul, and wandering through that enormous bazaar and being stunned by the goods on offer; and sampling the baklava and Turkish delight; yum!

We were on Harmony's last sailing before the pandemic shut things down. The sailing before the one @Matt was supposed to be on (Sorry Matt!). We boarded on March 7, and things were still very calm with the virus in the USA. 

My favorite memory was sitting in the MDR the day before we were set to go to CocoCay, and Captain Johnny came on to make an announcement. We knew something was going on, but wasn't aware of how fast the virus was spreading on land.

Captain Johnny announced to the ship that Royal Caribbean would be shutting down operations. There was a moment of pause and we all were bummed, thinking that our trip was being cut short and we would be returning to Port Canaveral.

Then, a moment later, Captain Johnny said that because we were already sailing and had experienced no issues, we were clear to head to Perfect Day at CocoCay! It was a perfect day, indeed. As far as I'm aware, we were the last passengers (other than crew) to visit the island. It was quite a sight to see the island crew waving farewell as we sailed away that evening, not knowing when they'd see passengers again.

Here's hoping our double-dip trip in April is a go!

To add to my memories, I had "forgotten" about this one, but it's a fun reflection now. This was two cruises ago in 2019 on Anthem, when I tried my hand at the Belly Flop Contest. Needless to say, I didn't get my legs up and my less-than-stellar form hurt my score. Turns out it didn't hurt my belly any less, but the notoriety on the ship for the rest of the week, and my kids' hilariously watching the replays on the TV all week, more than made it worth it. My score was only a 2, but Dennis said I reminded him of the light inside of his refrigerator for that nice and bright complexion of mine. I did take that moment to let him know it looked like we wearing the same shirt, though. 🤣 All in all, I'll take it. Haven't laughed like that and enjoyed something so foolish in a long time. Can't wait to watch someone else the next time!

bellyflop.jpg

This memory was on my last cruise... with @Matt.

It's late at a bar on the last night of the cruise.  There's a handful of Royal Caribbean Blog group cruisers present.  I have the drink package so I order one more Kraken and Diet Coke.  The bottle is nearly gone so I get a generous pour.  

Matt doesn't have the drink package but has a 10 drink card if I recall correctly.  He's been carefully allocating his drink orders to save his last punch for one more Kraken.  "Sorry" the bartender says.  "That gentleman there just finished the last bottle" (pointing at me).

The look on Matt's face is not something I'll ever forget.  It was like a kid opening a birthday present expecting that one thing they've been asking for all year only to look down and see a pair of socks.

mlb GIF by SB Nation

Price of the drink package: $322

Price of drink package gratuity: $58

Look on Matt's face: Priceless

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

This memory was on my last cruise... with @Matt.

It's late at a bar on the last night of the cruise.  There's a handful of Royal Caribbean Blog group cruisers present.  I have the drink package so I order one more Kraken and Diet Coke.  The bottle is nearly gone so I get a generous pour.  

Matt doesn't have the drink package but has a 10 drink card if I recall correctly.  He's been carefully allocating his drink orders to save his last punch for one more Kraken.  "Sorry" the bartender says.  "That gentleman there just finished the last bottle" (pointing at me).

The look on Matt's face is not something I'll ever forget.  It was like a kid opening a birthday present expecting that one thing they've been asking for all year only to look down and see a pair of socks.

mlb GIF by SB Nation

Price of the drink package: $322

Price of drink package gratuity: $58

Look on Matt's face: Priceless

Surviving that seems like a good test of friendship as any 🙂

Honestly, my favorite memory from my last cruise is laying on the balcony overlooking the ocean trying to get over my food coma so I could eat again. I dream of doing that again soon.

My favorite memory....Last December (2019) I took my parents on the Oasis to celebrate their 63 wedding anniversary.  We normally drive to Florida but this time I talked them into flying.  Note they had not flown in over 20 years.  What they did not know is that I booked us first class tickets!  We normally stay at holiday inn or such the night before. This time I booked us in the Mandarin Oriental Miami.  By this time they are just beyond happy.  As we left for the ship I kinda forgot to tell them that we were staying Star Class again.  It was the best cruise ever!