Royal Caribbean Blog

2 minutes ago, CJS2766 said:

Have a question for you all! I am trying to figure my return flight home after the cruise. I have a couple of options? Flight departing a little after 12:05 p.m. or a 2:30 departure. I'd like to book a 12:00 departure, but is that to early? I can be off the ship the second they allow as I always take my own luggage off the ship. What would you all recommend?

Assuming disembarkation is not markedly prolonged.....noon would definitely be ok for a MIA departure and most likely fine even for a FLL departure.  The problem is, of course, that we have no idea what the disembarkation process is going to look like now.  I still think you'll be ok....but all things being equal, I would probably go with the 2:30 just to be on the safe side.  If you do that, then you can do a leisurely disembarkation (if there is such a thing by then) and have plenty of time to get to the airport.

3 minutes ago, CJS2766 said:

Have a question for you all! I am trying to figure my return flight home after the cruise. I have a couple of options? Flight departing a little after 12:05 p.m. or a 2:30 departure. I'd like to book a 12:00 departure, but is that to early? I can be off the ship the second they allow as I always take my own luggage off the ship. What would you all recommend?

Especially if you are going out of FLL you’ll have plenty of time to get on the 12:00 departure. It’s only a couple of minutes. Even with Miami you should be good around noon if you are doing self assist and taking the luggage off. 
Last year my daughter and I did it in reverse (getting off at Miami and going up to FLL) and were in the airport and through security by 8:30. 
If you are concerned about airport security consider signing up for the free trial of CLEAR as both MIA and FLL have it. 

I arrive and depart from Ft Lauderdale. Given that the airport is close by, I'd like to go with a 12:00 pm departure, but like many have said, that "X" factor is, who long will debarkation take??? Even with me doing my own luggage carry off. Since it's a Sunday return, sure would like to arrive home around 2:00 vs 6:00 or so!

We try to exclusively use Southwest for their change policy because we've gotten screwed from other airlines.  I noticed their flights are really limited and selling out quickly so I don't delay booking.