Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

Our April 24 cruise on Adventure was cancelled in March.  We still haven't gotten our port fees and taxes reimbursed to us yet.  Has anyone in the same time frame gotten theirs yet?  My final payment for our Aug 29 cruise is coming up, and I need that money to pay it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that’s another lesson I’ve learned through this. Use one card for Royal purchases so that it’s easier to track it down. 

4/26 sailing here -  

You are a round 3 cancellation then right?    I wouldn’t start looking until the 30 day mark, and most likely it will show up around the 45 day area.   (Based on 5/22 date)

Posted Images

I'm still missing mine from an April 6 cruise.  I got the FCC for it on 4/13 (and already used it). 

I think it's now past the 45 business days from the cancellation date of 3/14 for the "cash" refund of taxes and fees so I'll probably be calling in soon to see the status.  I've been as patient as possible by giving them the max amount of time they said they needed to process, but now I'm pretty certain it's been lost in the shuffle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bbowers said:

Our April 24 cruise on Adventure was cancelled in March.  We still haven't gotten our port fees and taxes reimbursed to us yet.  Has anyone in the same time frame gotten theirs yet?  My final payment for our Aug 29 cruise is coming up, and I need that money to pay it.

I had to inquire about my children’s room as I had not received their’s.

 I called, they basically said it still shows pending and they would re-submit it.  Took about 3 weeks, but finally got it back on my CC on Friday.  
 

My kid’s room FCC came about 2 weeks before our room.  That’s why I raised an eyebrow after our taxes and grats came a few days after our FCC was issued.  (May 6th cruise) cancelled in round 2.  
 

As far as travel insurance I haven’t received a refund for either room.  Their response was it is from a third party vendor and it’s going to take longer to see that refund.  I doubt it will ever show up, but I’ll keep hounding them as they cancelled the cruise, not me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnK6404 said:

No port fees, expenses and taxes refunded yet. Our cruise was a 5/31 sailing. 

No 125% CP OBC yet... we did get the 125% FCC on 5/22.

 

You are a round 3 cancellation then right? 
 

I wouldn’t start looking until the 30 day mark, and most likely it will show up around the 45 day area.   (Based on 5/22 date)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was supposed to be on a cruise this week, May 25th, we did receive fcc on May 22, but our cruise has been canceled for over 30 days for sure, we called Monday night about our taxes and port fees, actually got thru very quick, we hit option 6 on the phone, agent said it had not been processed at all yet and probably would be another 30 to 45 days before we receive it, I guess they are just over whelmed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dan Curtis said:

Was supposed to be on a cruise this week, May 25th, we did receive fcc on May 22, but our cruise has been canceled for over 30 days for sure, we called Monday night about our taxes and port fees, actually got thru very quick, we hit option 6 on the phone, agent said it had not been processed at all yet and probably would be another 30 to 45 days before we receive it, I guess they are just over whelmed.

It's a painful process, trust me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isnt it funny how the Cruise planner cancellations or previously cancelled cruises were all instantly refunded credit yet now it takes months to refund or multiply a number x 1.25....  As far as they are concerned its an interest free loan they are sitting on.

I cant imagine they have some group physically applying refunds.  This math isnt hard and the data is all in a database.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow I guess we aren't the only ones. Our Oasis May 10th cruise cancelled but I can't remember when, anyone know when that round of cancellations happened? Anyway we still haven't gotten our taxes and port fees back. We actually have been looking at all our old files but no, we didn't get it yet and our taxes and port fees for the rescheduled Oasis cruise Sept. 6th are due May 31. Was hoping to get back the money we were owed before forking over more money to Royal but looks like that ain't gonna happen. Should we be worried we didn't get that money yet?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow I guess we aren't the only ones. Our Oasis May 10th cruise cancelled but I can't remember when, anyone know when that round of cancellations happened? Anyway we still haven't gotten our taxes and port fees back. We actually have been looking at all our old files but no, we didn't get it yet and our taxes and port fees for the rescheduled Oasis cruise Sept. 6th are due May 31. Was hoping to get back the money we were owed before forking over more money to Royal but looks like that ain't gonna happen. Should we be worried we didn't get that money yet?  

Worried - probably not.

Justifiably miffed/perturbed/angry/ticked - absolutely!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received a partial refund for our March 22 cruise's taxes, port fees, gratuities and insurance on May 17th. Amount received does not add up to anything on the list but am waiting on the balance. Received Cruise Planner items refunds within two weeks for same cruise. Have two cruises in June and July that were cancelled and not sure when we will see that money refunded. For the June cruise it is the taxes, port fees, insurance and gratuities along with the Cruise Planner items purchased. The July cruise we opted to wait on any Cruise Planner purchases until we got closer. At least the credit card will have a large negative balance when we get all the refunds back. We are resigned to waiting and hoping that Royal gets to start in August so our November cruise will happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Worried - probably not.

Justifiably miffed/perturbed/angry/ticked - absolutely!

Thank you very much. I wish they would give us the option to just have them keep the refund for the rescheduled cruise and if there is a difference let us pay that. It makes no sense to give us back money so we can then pay the taxes and fees for the rescheduled cruise. To me it makes no sense anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

our cruise was on June 7th so within this third group of cancelations.

We got the FCC on 5/22

No taxes or fees have been refunded to CC

No 125% on board credit cert has been issued even though we clicked the link and requested it and it specified it would be sent via e-mail on 5/22 when our FCC was sent.

Has anyone received the 125% on board credit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, calvink669 said:

our cruise was on June 7th so within this third group of cancelations.

We got the FCC on 5/22

No taxes or fees have been refunded to CC

No 125% on board credit cert has been issued even though we clicked the link and requested it and it specified it would be sent via e-mail on 5/22 when our FCC was sent.

Has anyone received the 125% on board credit?


Ditto for us still... 125% FCC on 5/22 for our 5/31 sailing... nothing else to date.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...