Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

I know some of you love it and some of you hate it, but it’s on sale for $16.99/day for our Oct and Nov cruise.  (It’s been $26.99 for a few weeks)

DX and dining packages are still high, but I’ve never seen the Key that low and jumped on it.

 

Figured I would give you a heads up for those waiting for it to go on sale.  
 

Enjoy your day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It dropped down to $12.99/day for my Oct cruise (I snagged it at $16.99 about 6 months ago).  I should cancel and rebook but I'm still waiting for my money to come back from something I canceled two weeks ago (not long, I know, but I kind of only want to do one at a time so I can keep track of them, lol).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It dropped down to $12.99/day for my Oct cruise (I snagged it at $16.99 about 6 months ago).  I should cancel and rebook but I'm still waiting for my money to come back from something I canceled two weeks ago (not long, I know, but I kind of only want to do one at a time so I can keep track of them, lol).

I cancelled a bunch of items 15 days ago.  When I called this morning to ask why they haven’t been refunded to my CC yet (usually takes a couple of days), they said it’s going to be 45 days now.  
 

For a cruise planner cancellation... I was not happy.  They are hanging on to our money for as long as they can.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

  When I called this morning to ask why they haven’t been refunded to my CC yet (usually takes a couple of days), they said it’s going to be 45 days now.  
 

 

Good to know, now I don't have to call them (honestly, I wasn't planning to, I know they are swamped).  😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

I cancelled a bunch of items 15 days ago.  When I called this morning to ask why they haven’t been refunded to my CC yet (usually takes a couple of days), they said it’s going to be 45 days now.  

This is super-harsh for me, since that means I either have to pay the minimum on my card and get hit with some interest while I wait for a refund that would more than pay it off; OR I pay in full now and then have a huge credit balance sitting on the card until I’m at a point to re-purchase internet package, excursions, etc. Neither is a great option, and I really hope they’ll start speeding that up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

This is super-harsh for me, since that means I either have to pay the minimum on my card and get hit with some interest while I wait for a refund that would more than pay it off; OR I pay in full now and then have a huge credit balance sitting on the card until I’m at a point to re-purchase internet package, excursions, etc. Neither is a great option, and I really hope they’ll start speeding that up.

I’m in the same boat.   I don’t want to pony up another $1053 in cash to pay off the balance.  I assumed it would go through by now.  That being said I don’t want to get hit with interest.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

I know some of you love it and some of you hate it, but it’s on sale for $16.99/day for our Oct and Nov cruise.  (It’s been $26.99 for a few weeks)

DX and dining packages are still high, but I’ve never seen the Key that low and jumped on it.

 

Figured I would give you a heads up for those waiting for it to go on sale.  
 

Enjoy your day!

It’s run the gamut on pricing. For Indy in October it’s 13.99, for Harmony for August it’s 31.99 and craziest is Odyssey next March at 35.99. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just snagged it for $16.99/per person/per day for my sailing in late September 2020.  We were buying the Internet anyway and wanted the special meals coming and going....Plus, being expedited coming and going could be very useful in the coming months.  I am not sure how social distancing will work with a large queue trying to get off of the ship, but I think having a way to skip it could give a lot of peace of mind.  I just want to use The Key to hit the easy button for the cruise.

PS - I know there are different thoughts on the value of the key, but it was quite economical when comparing it and the other perks to just the Internet, which we need to have (medical reasons....otherwise, it would be in a no data mode just as a camera....).

J

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaredhamburg said:

Just snagged it for $16.99/per person/per day for my sailing in late September 2020.  We were buying the Internet anyway and wanted the special meals coming and going....Plus, being expedited coming and going could be very useful in the coming months.  I am not sure how social distancing will work with a large queue trying to get off of the ship, but I think having a way to skip it could give a lot of peace of mind.  I just want to use The Key to hit the easy button for the cruise.

PS - I know there are different thoughts on the value of the key, but it was quite economical when comparing it and the other perks to just the Internet, which we need to have (medical reasons....otherwise, it would be in a no data mode just as a camera....).

J

I was thinking along the same line as you. We have a junior suite in October so we get to use the expedited line, but I might still buy the key anyway for ease off the ship.  As far as November we are trying two of those adjoining panoramic rooms up top.  I already purchased the key for that one.  
 

The lunch coming on and bfast getting off is very nice in my opinion too.  Get to avoid the WJ during 2 of the craziest rushes... priceless hahaha
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I snagged The Key for $19.99 for our December 2020 Harmony cruise. I have been tracking the pricing for many months for this cruise and this was by far the least expensive it has been. This is the same price we paid for it last September on our 9 night Greek Island cruise on Brilliance. My anecdotal observation is that it costs more on the larger ships like Harmony so I feel like we got a bargain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have never purchased the Key, I just took it for 19.99 for our Nov Anthem  CoCo Key,. Good value, internet and 2 meals (without a huge crowd) and everything else. But especially for the ease of getting on and off the ship in these times. This hopefully will make the trip that much more enjoyable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We bought "The Key" for our 5-night Indy cruise on 8/31.  It turns out to be $44 more than 2-device Surf 'n Stream.  So for additional $44, we get the following

  • One of the fist on the ship  on embarkation day
  • They hold onto our carry-ons.
  • Embarkation day lunch from Chops menu
  • Great seats in Studio B for ice show
  • Nice sit-down breakfast on disembarkation day and ability to cut the line on the way out.

The other perks don't interest us that much but for the additional $44, we thought it was a good deal.  Of course, none of this matters if you aren't interested in getting Voom internet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get The Key on shorter sailings. We have a 7-day Western Caribbean on Enchantment the end of November. Departure isn't until 8:30 PM. What time is boarding? I'm assuming we get dinner? I would probably spend the day in San Juan and not use the Chops lunch on embarkation day. Voom is $18 for 2; Key is $17. Not thinking it's worth it this go round on Enchantment

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KJ1231 said:

I get The Key on shorter sailings. We have a 7-day Western Caribbean on Enchantment the end of November. Departure isn't until 8:30 PM. What time is boarding? I'm assuming we get dinner? I would probably spend the day in San Juan and not use the Chops lunch on embarkation day. Voom is $18 for 2; Key is $17. Not thinking it's worth it this go round on Enchantment

Enchantment is a smaller ship too, so the boarding and disembarking is much easier.  
 

I think you made the right choice.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 4:04 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

It dropped down to $12.99/day for my Oct cruise (I snagged it at $16.99 about 6 months ago).  I should cancel and rebook but I'm still waiting for my money to come back from something I canceled two weeks ago (not long, I know, but I kind of only want to do one at a time so I can keep track of them, lol).

Same 20.99 till 12.99 for my October cruise I nearly passed out I never see it that low

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...