Royal Caribbean Blog

Emerald Recognition Pin?

On 11/27/2019 at 12:35 PM, ChrisK2793 said:

I had a feeling Lyli was lying.  I don’t like her at all, she is the WORST suite concierge we’ve ever had.  From never sending a confirmation of the dinner reservations we asked her to make before the cruise  .... to  .......

Yesteday she was beyond RUDE to me in Labadee.  When we got off the ship, she was standing right next to the lady at the info desk on Labadee when I asked where you got the ride to the Suite beach.  They lady told us, “It picks you up right here, you can sit in the roped off seats here until it comes.”  Lyli didn’t acknowledge us the entire time.  When the suite guest golf cart came about 10 min later we got on it and Lyli VERY RUDELY said “where are you going?”  I nicely told her we were going to the suite beach and her rude response was, “let me see your sea passes!” After I showed them to her, the only response I got was, “Ok, get a wrist band when you get there” and she walked away.  This was my first time meeting her in person.  Terrible first impression and now today she flat out lied to me about the emerald pins.

I know this has been a few weeks at this point, but I think you should make a formal complaint about her behavior. My mom and I have been in suite class on all 3 of our cruises and while we didn't spend nearly enough time in the suite lounge or with the suite guests, all 3 of our concierges knew us by face and were very polite. We had one small issue with our second cruise - nothing to the extent you had - and we gently told the Hospitality Director on our last night. It helps, if nothing else, to ensure they know and ideally will not let other guests suffer the same. I mean....not to sound like an a-hole, but suites aren't cheap, the service shouldn't be either.

3 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I know this has been a few weeks at this point, but I think you should make a formal complaint about her behavior. My mom and I have been in suite class on all 3 of our cruises and while we didn't spend nearly enough time in the suite lounge or with the suite guests, all 3 of our concierges knew us by face and were very polite. We had one small issue with our second cruise - nothing to the extent you had - and we gently told the Hospitality Director on our last night. It helps, if nothing else, to ensure they know and ideally will not let other guests suffer the same. I mean....not to sound like an a-hole, but suites aren't cheap, the service shouldn't be either.

We’re going to be on Oasis again in February in a Crown Loft Suite and if she acts the same way again, I will say something to the hospitality director for sure.  That will also be our first cruise as Diamond.

59 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

We're still Emerald and got Diamond pins on our last cruise, perhaps we got yours :35_thinking:

Just to make sure we didn't miss something, we checked at the C&A desk and it was indeed a mistake, so close........

This is interesting...when I asked for our Platinum pins on a past sailing, the loyalty ambassador gave them to me no questions asked.

We were emerald for some time and I insisted to my wife that we never got pins. We stopped at the loyalty ambassador's desk on one cruise and asked for them. The guy at the desk opened up a drawer, pulled a couple out and handed them over without even asking our names.  Still haven't picked up our Diamond pins. We will never wear them but they will go in our cruise memorabilia box with all the other junk we've collected over the years.