MelissaM

Black Friday Deals appear to be starting

So Monday they raised the price of the cruise I was going to take and removed the on-board credit of $75 so this Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is going to cost me $175 more 🙂   so crossing my fingers that a real sale appears on Friday.

1 hour ago, MeganW said:

Spectrum for June 2020 isn't showing discounts on anything at all as far as I can tell.

I'll keep poking my head in and keep my fingers crossed!

Looking at this flyer, it doesn't look promising for Spectrum passengers (unless "SC" is another vessel?)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Offers.pdf

4 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Looks like the refreshment package is slightly lower for our Anthem cruise.   Tried to book it and getting ERROR message.   Will try tomorrow.

No changes to 3 night dining or deluxe beverage package yet.

Make sure you cancel it first, then you can rebook it or you will just keep getting error messages.

Just checked many cruise planner items on my Freedom of the Seas B2B next June 2020...  I've been patiently waiting for these Black Friday deals to appear, so I can start purchasing!  I've been tracking their "normal" pricing, so know if/when and by how much the sales reduce pricing.

Excursions just went on sale a couple of hours ago...anywhere from 10-25% off on all the ones I've been planning on purchasing.  The PADI Open Water Course was 10% off (rarely discounted), and the All-Access Tour was even discounted 15% (something I don't recall ever seeing discounted before, too).

Soda package was $6.50, down from $8.99.  Soda & Stream down to $18 from $21.  I don't drink, but it looks like the UBP has also been discounted.

The all digital photo package was $119.99 (down from $249.00; less than 1/2 price!).  I've never seen a photo package this low before!

I still haven't seen the specialty dining go on sale yet, as it is still its normal pricing...  I'll be keeping an eye on it the next couple of days.

I've saved well over $500 over the normal cruise planner pricing on these Black Friday sales, so far!  Yippee!!!

3 hours ago, Paul Martin said:

So Monday they raised the price of the cruise I was going to take and removed the on-board credit of $75 so this Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is going to cost me $175 more 🙂   so crossing my fingers that a real sale appears on Friday.

Also check on Cyber Monday, and maybe even better yet on Travel Tuesday to price out your cruise.

16 hours ago, MelissaM said:

Soda package down to $6.50 from 8.99

Refreshment package down $19 from $28

Same pricing on our sailing... cancelled and re-purchased. 🙂

Soda package down to $8.65 CAD

Refreshment package down to $25.27 CAD

Classic soda + VOOM 1 device down to $22.61 CAD

We’re not interested in the Deluxe package, but that one is down to $86.45 CAD / $97.09 CAD with VOOM 1 device.

7 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I've seen prices moving, but not persisting. Perhaps they are preparing, but not ready for the upcoming deals. Oddly suggesting  updates to a production  environment outside a maintenance  window 😳😮

Price changes occur all the time.  While system updates and new features might be added during maintenance windows, prices on any ecommerce website can change at any time of day.

9 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Does anyone know if $16 for classic soda package and voom internet is a good deal ?

Also is voom internet surf and stream or just surf ?

The Voom included historically has been Surf & Stream.  The verbiage of the package supports this:

• We are bundling our Classic Soda Package with VOOM® high-speed internet, so you can enjoy unlimited soda in your Coca-Cola souvenir cup, while streaming all your favorite music, movies and sharing your unforgettable moments in real time.
9 hours ago, Tamerlane said:

Does anyone know if we can expect to have these prices jump around during the Black Friday/ Monday sale event? I'm just wondering if this is the lowest it will go (I know there is no crystal ball, but just from experience)

No one here knows. 

Keep in mind sales may not apply to all items on all sail dates.  Pick your favorite retailer or their website.  Rarely if ever has a company said "Everything in the store will be 20% off on Black Friday".  Generally there are selected items offered for sale.  A store may offer a deal on one model of a camera or video game but not every camera or video game they sell will have a discount available.  

Suffice it to say not everything on the website is going to be cheaper on Black Friday.  The thing you desire is probably different from what someone else desires.  There will be winners and there will be people reporting no price change for the thing they want. 

5 hours ago, Paul Martin said:

It is real sale, there should be no other sale. 

Waiting for black Friday. Price of my cruise I've been waiting for, went up by almost 200 on cabin. And it's like 11 months away. 

So this year royal caribbean prices are total vs, and sales at all. Now to buy my cruise. I actually need to pay more then a week ago 

35 minutes ago, Vlad K said:

It is real sale, there should be no other sale. 

Waiting for black Friday. Price of my cruise I've been waiting for, went up by almost 200 on cabin. And it's like 11 months away. 

So this year royal caribbean prices are total vs, and sales at all. Now to buy my cruise. I actually need to pay more then a week ago 

You should purchase now and then if the prices goes down later, just cancel and re-book.

Anthem 200308 and Harmony 201101:

Perfect Day Balloon = $51

Perfect Day Beach Club = $51

Soda Package = $6.50 (same as reported by most)

All Access Tour = $95 on Anthem and $104 on Harmony

I am cruising on the VIsion of the Seas in February and the drinks package is coming out at £34.86pp plus gratuities which works out about $45 plus gratuities.  I was wondering if this is a fair price or would this probably be discounted on Black Friday?  I think the UK  RCCL site hasn't caught up with Black Friday yet!!  I have seen prices on here but not sure if they include the gratuity.

+1 YOLO.

I purchased our 2021 cruise yesterday, @ 3 pm.  Yesterday I had a choice of 5 different cabins (aft, but close to mid) on deck 9, and 4 on deck 10.  Mid was an upgrade, so I immediately said no, don't know how many were mid.  Today I did a fake booking to see if the price went down.  NOPE, it went up.  Caveat, all AFT and FWD were sold out, so mid is now included.  However, yesterday if I did elect to pay for mid upgrade it was still cheaper yesterday by 200 bucks.  

I will also state that the cabin I booked was a Spa ocean view balcony, so there are limited cabins.  Betting if I check on Thursday all of them will be gone.

13 minutes ago, YOLO said:

You should purchase now and then if the prices goes down later, just cancel and re-book.

What you mean? Can't cancel. There's penalty. 

Or you mean reprice? But not sure how that works

5 minutes ago, Sally B said:

I am cruising on the VIsion of the Seas in February and the drinks package is coming out at £34.86pp plus gratuities which works out about $45 plus gratuities.  I was wondering if this is a fair price or would this probably be discounted on Black Friday?  I think the UK  RCCL site hasn't caught up with Black Friday yet!!  I have seen prices on here but not sure if they include the gratuity.

The published price in the US does not include the 18% gratuity, not sure if the same holds true in the UK.  If recent trends are any indicator, you're not going to beat $45 pp. for the Deluxe Beverage Package unless a certain nameless intern returns from his or her suspension in the near future.  I'd jump on that price if you're even considering getting it, you can always cancel or reprice later.

5 minutes ago, Sally B said:

Grats are not included.  So if it is 45, add 18%.  or @ 9 bucks more.

I know last yr when we did it for our July sailing, everything stayed the same from Weds through Sunday.  Cyber Monday they did change some prices.  We purchased some things on Friday and canceled/repurchased on Monday.

I would add another reason not to wait.  

Some excursions are limited in number.  IE, cabanas/clamshells/beach beds at Coco Cay or even catamaran excursions, or spa times.  If you wait they could sell out.

I speak from experience,  we booked a catamaran on Weds.  By Friday a.m. it was sold out.  I hemmed and hawed on the spa, and decided to chance it for Cyber Monday.  By Monday, the times I wanted were sold out, and I was left with only the most expensive times, thus the massage went by bye and I just did a pedi.  Still at a higher price than on Weds., bc the cheaper times were also sold out, but I thought for 30 bucks for a pedi I still got a deal.