teddy

Follow our Royal Up

Just got email that Royal Up bid was accepted. Upgraded to Grand Suite from Junior Suite for Feb 20th sailing on Grandeur. Put in the bid about a month ago for $135 over minimum bid of $300. 

Received email last night that RC tried to charge the payment card I put down on the bid, but I didnt realize the card expired. The email told me to either contact my original card issuer and RC would try charging again or to change payment method within 24 hours. I updated the card and sure enough about 24 hours after that first email I got a confirmation email of the upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Ike_317 said:

Just got email that Royal Up bid was accepted. Upgraded to Grand Suite from Junior Suite for Feb 20th sailing on Grandeur. Put in the bid about a month ago for $135 over minimum bid of $300. 

Received email last night that RC tried to charge the payment card I put down on the bid, but I didnt realize the card expired. The email told me to either contact my original card issuer and RC would try charging again or to change payment method within 24 hours. I updated the card and sure enough about 24 hours after that first email I got a confirmation email of the upgrade. 

Congratulations !

Hi everyone I also made the lowest bid on a sailing in 2 weeks. Im currently in a Junior Suite with a bid for a Grand Suite and Owner's Suite. I am concerned because I would need to purchase an internet package if Im granted the upgrade (I currently have the Key which has internet package and the Key would be refunded if I am given the upgrade). Will I be able to purchase the Internet Package if they notify me so close to sail date, like night before? I would hate to have to pay the higher onboard price for the internet package. How late can purchases be made in the cruise planner before sailing?

1 minute ago, Fairlynew said:

Grand Suites and above include internet.

Hi.

I was told by a Customer Service Rep that it did not. I am sailing on Navigator of the Seas for 3 nights. Hmmm maybe I should call and inquire again.

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

Grand Suites and above include internet.

I think it depends on what ship class you are on -- if internet is included. I was on Enchantment last year and internet was not included in the Grand Suite.. but I am on Harmony this year in a grand suite- and it is included.

On 1/15/2020 at 5:51 PM, teddy said:

For kicks, I just put in a $40 ($20 pp) bid for the second leg (Jan 26-Feb 1).

Just received the rejection email.  

I'm still on Adventure for another week, so all is good in my world. 

16 hours ago, JoyJoy said:

How late can purchases be made in the cruise planner before sailing?

Usually it's about 72 hours.  I would buy the Internet package if you catch it on a good sale ahead of time just in case. You can go to Guest Services when you get onboard and cancel cruise planner purchases if you miss the window to do so.  It will be refunded as refundable OBC which means if you don't use it all then it credits back to the card you put on file for onboard putchases.