Royal Caribbean Blog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always sleep really well....but maybe the Deluxe Drink Package helps with that!  LOL

The preference for mattress feel and firmness must be a big deal, because mattress designers/engineers know even couples can't compromise on mattress preferences that they've even come up with options

Are the beds comfortable? Does broccoli taste good? Is that new movie any good? Is 11pm too late to stay up? The answers are going to very subjective. Just because some say one thing doesn't mean

Posted Images

We have been on many cruises on many ships on many lines.  I have never had a mattress problem.  There were a few times Ceil did ask for a softer mattress from our attendant who was able to satisfy her.  Actually, she is much more likely to ask for a softer pillow than a softer mattress.  That she has asked for many times...

21 hours ago, Rhason B. said:

There's no need for the sarcasm Matt, I'm aware of this moot point. However, I wanted people's opinion.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just pointing out that you can probably find people that will say the mattress is comfortable and others that say it is uncomfortable. Quite frankly, not sure what that really proves, or helps you.

My concern is I've seen too often people that read negative things and start to become overly concerned that their cruise is "ruined" before it even begins.  

21 hours ago, Rhason B. said:

And I wanted other people's experiences overall and possible remedies if they in fact did experience a mattress that was  uncomfortable to them (I Am Brand New To Cruising).

I can understand your point here, and I think that's a good question.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, just pointing out that you can probably find people that will say the mattress is comfortable and others that say it is uncomfortable. Quite frankly, not sure what that really proves, or helps you.

My concern is I've seen too often people that read negative things and start to become overly concerned that their cruise is "ruined" before it even begins.  

I can understand your point here, and I think that's a good question.

Thanks man, I'm just nervous about everything going good for me and my partner. It's our first cruise and my first time to the bahamas. I apologize if my response was curt. I have become cruise obsessed..lol...so I'm tryna detox myself🤣😂🤣😂

On 9/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, Rhason B. said:

There's no need for the sarcasm Matt, I'm aware of this moot point. However, I wanted people's opinion. And I wanted other people's experiences overall and possible remedies if they in fact did experience a mattress that was  uncomfortable to them (I Am Brand New To Cruising). If there's not any helpful information that you can offer, please can you refrain from posting to my comment section.

this was uncalled for.  i read your thread as i am interested in how people felt about the mattresses, but am aware everyones preferences are different.  for instance, didnt know you could get a quilted topper.

Was on Navigator this past weekend, also read the 'these mattresses suck'  postings on social media and got a little concerned for my husband after reading that. The mattress we were on was fine, I had no complaints, and I agree ones frame of mind going in dictates having a great cruise or not.

LOVED Navigator! Enjoy! Try obsessing about the good stuff, it worked for my over thinking mind 🙂

The preference for mattress feel and firmness must be a big deal, because mattress designers/engineers know even couples can't compromise on mattress preferences that they've even come up with options for each side of the bed (I'm looking at you, Sleep Number beds!)   I think it will be close to impossible for a cruise line to satisfy all mattress preferences.  Imagine that extra option that has to be added right after choosing your stateroom!  😂

721723243_ScreenShot2019-09-18at11_34_58AM.thumb.png.7e469847377dae7ede01159c0925b8cd.png

6 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

The preference for mattress feel and firmness must be a big deal, because mattress designers/engineers know even couples can't compromise on mattress preferences that they've even come up with options for each side of the bed (I'm looking at you, Sleep Number beds!)   I think it will be close to impossible for a cruise line to satisfy all mattress preferences.  Imagine that extra option that has to be added right after choosing your stateroom!  😂

721723243_ScreenShot2019-09-18at11_34_58AM.thumb.png.7e469847377dae7ede01159c0925b8cd.png

On top of that imagine, like one of the hotels we stayed at in Boston, as well as a lot of other nicer hotels out there have started, you got to choose your pillow from a "pillow library!" 😂

1 minute ago, FManke said:

On top of that imagine, like one of the hotels we stayed at in Boston, as well as a lot of other nicer hotels out there have started, you got to choose your pillow from a "pillow library!" 😂

You're making me want to create another spoof page with pillow options... and then another one with sleep habits - side sleeper, back sleeper, stomach sleeper... 🤣

5 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

You're making me want to create another spoof page with pillow options... and then another one with sleep habits - side sleeper, back sleeper, stomach sleeper... 🤣

I'd like to book a GS with an extra firm mattress with a pillow topper, one poly- fill medium pillow for my side sleeping wife and a medium firm mattress with a hard memory foam pillow for my back sleeping self. Too much to ask? I might need a Genie for that!

1 minute ago, FManke said:

I'd like to book a GS with an extra firm mattress with a pillow topper, one poly- fill medium pillow for my side sleeping wife and a medium firm mattress with a hard memory foam pillow for my back sleeping self. Too much to ask? I might need a Genie for that!

Goose down?  feather? alternative? hypo-allergenic?

5 hours ago, amanx said:

this was uncalled for.  i read your thread as i am interested in how people felt about the mattresses, but am aware everyones preferences are different.  for instance, didnt know you could get a quilted topper.

Thanks, I'm just asking questions, i thought that was part of the reason for this blog🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

On 9/16/2019 at 10:09 AM, Matt said:

Are the beds comfortable? Does broccoli taste good? Is that new movie any good? Is 11pm too late to stay up?

The answers are going to very subjective. Just because some say one thing doesn't mean that will be your experience.

Is it wrong that I feel able to answer these with absolute certainty?