Sign in to follow this  
Debdoescruises88

Diamond Plus

Sometimes people sign up to an internet forum to vent or retaliate what they perceive to be a transgression or offense by a company.  Valid or hyperbole is subjective.  That's the nature of internet forums.  

You can ignore such posts, their intentions are usually pretty clear or respond with your own observations without moving to their level and using their methods of expressing a position.  

Maybe there is some validity to their position or some portions of it.  Maybe the stars didn't line up on this cruise and it was a lesser experience compared to other cruises.  Maybe it was self-inflicted.  We'll never know since we weren't there.    

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@2Beeze I simply meant that if OP or anyone else is unhappy with a cruise line, RCCL or any other line, they should consider looking at another cruise line.  

As far as this thread goes, OP seems to have posted once and not come back and we have encountered posts like this before.  I will just leave it at that.

My point was, partly, that the same could have been said about @BB1 (his count showed 5 and he had posted 4 on that one thread) but you had welcomed him. And many people here make complaints with support. I don’t know either of them, but the intensity from the responses seemed far stranger to me than the commentary from the OP.  But it surely isn’t a surprise the OP wouldn’t have returned. It was simply unclear to me how one was superior to the other or whether it was just the fact that I was the one who  posed the question that was the real problem.  But then it’s clear I am not viewed as worthy of being in the club, I haven’t missed the clear message, and so it may be that I am just not able to comprehend.

Just wanted to stop back by to say that I appreciate the warmth and welcome many of you have offered since I found the wonderful resource last year. I also appreciate the information shared and hope that I occasionally added to that wealth of knowledge. @SpeedNoodles , my twin, I surely hope to see you he day on the high seas. Happy sailing to you all 😊🧜🏼‍♀️

On 5/25/2019 at 12:43 AM, Neo said:

As someone newer to cruising and still only Gold, the thought of loyalty perks is pretty foreign to me.

Royal Caribbean is the only cruise line I’ve personally sailed with, but at the end of the day after having heard hundreds of reviews and talking with friends and family who have sailed other cruise lines, Royal is the only one I’d want to give my money. Disney is too expensive and RC has an excellent experience-versus-cost ratio that fits perfectly for my family.

I’d never consider leaving one company over another due to loyalty rewards, my money and time is better spent seeking out the best bang for my buck and sticking with it for that reason. 

@Neo  We are absolutely the very same... I could have written this.

I also think vacationing is very subjective and relative.  We all travel/vacation for different reasons, we all have varying WAYS we like to vacation...heck, even MY OWN vacations are all different.  We've done lots of "vacations" over the years and (maybe it's my age and the fact that we will be empty-nesters soon) we are really enjoying cruising.  For the money and the time and the ports and the...everything.  We researched and read this blog and talked to LOTS of friends and family who have cruised, RC and other cruise lines, and decided that RC makes the most sense to us for when we CAN vacation and get to choose a cruise over something else.

Perks, for me anyway, are just that...perks.  Not requirements for me to continue or discontinue cruising.  I'm gonna cruise anyway, and if I get a perk/free drink/etc...yay!  If not, I'm still cruising.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:45 AM, BB1 said:

There is nothing wrong with complaining.  There is nothing wrong with having different opinions. That is not what I'm talking about. Read the first post. It's someone ranting and carrying on like a child having a temper tantrum.

I think i follow...This has happened several times, where someone apparently signs on, writes a negative/ranting review/throws a tantrum then logs off never to be seen again.  Probably just someone stirring the pot.  But there is always a "good" discussion that follows.  It is good to talk through things.  As long as we all remember, which I think we do a good job of, that it's very difficult to read someones motives/intent/heart when typing on a computer/phone/tablet. 

I think @Matt and lots of others do a great job facilitating at times like this.  I'm glad this forum is here to help us all plan and have good vacations.

That is all for now.  Amen.

2 minutes ago, JennyB said:

I think i follow...This has happened several times, where someone apparently signs on, writes a negative/ranting review/throws a tantrum then logs off never to be seen again.  Probably just someone stirring the pot.  But there is always a "good" discussion that follows.  It is good to talk through things.  As long as we all remember, which I think we do a good job of, that it's very difficult to read someones motives/intent/heart when typing on a computer/phone/tablet. 

I think @Matt and lots of others do a great job facilitating at times like this.  I'm glad this forum is here to help us all plan and have good vacations.

That is all for now.  Amen.

I agree with all the above!!

and for the record, I do find that there are a few posters that I find consistently sarcastic and quite frequently negative.  I’ve decided that I’m not going to really argue or change them! And I refuse to let them bring me down lol.  I read what they say with a grain of salt, and move on to the next post!!  Jane

Cruise Companies are in business to make money.  Not everyone can travel often and be able to build up perks like others do.  Everyone wants to feel special and having the opportunity to BUY IN to a perk so you can experience what other who don't have to buy in experience, is sometimes worth it.  And because they are BUYING IN to it, why not give them a little more advantage.  This is bringing more revenue to the Cruise Line so that is why they extend the perk and give more.    I think that pretty much sums it up.   Also, I don't mind the negativity as it brings up more conversation and individual thoughts about current or changing benefits.