fonemanbob

Benefits of using MEI Travel

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thanks, that's ok. Very awkward indeed and rude. Its all good but thanks for the suggestion.

I know it sounds rude, but to be honest they wont know what you like unless they know what you like. 🙂  its a relationship we are building.

Trust me... Matt let me know he doesnt like Champagne or white wine..... its been dropped in conversations we have had over the years and now I know what NOT to send him 🙂

Booked my very first cruise with MEI travels after doing some research and hunting for a TA that would make me comfortable. (first cruise and first time using a travel agency)

We're sailing on the Symphony of the Seas 7 days on Jan, 2020 and extremely excited!!!

Blessed enough to have Kelley Hardy as our TA to answer the barrage of questions I have on almost a weekly basis. She has been amazing, so patient and informative along with being so kind. My girl knows how paranoid and cautious I can get but Kelley eases that part of my worries. (I tend to search for cruise/TA horror stories haha)

Just wanted to let anyone who is considering a travel agency to give MEI travels a try and ask for Kelley, doesn't hurt just to feel it out and see if it's the right fit for you.

As I'm writing this post i'm still barraging her with questions about flights, on-board cruise, cruise planner, hotels, etc etc. She's answered them all and provided some amazing insights and tips.

I'll definitely update everyone as it comes closer to my sailing date and after my first experience!

Keep up the hard work and always appreciate you Kelley!

I have Pam Richter out of Pennsylvania.  She has been nothing short of an angel for me.  In just a few email conversations, she already knows my cruising preferences, how I like to travel, I swear the woman is a mind reader.  She even extended a reservation hold for me when it benefitted my credit card miles to wait an extra few days only to have my plans completely change due to a move down south.  After all I put her through, only to cancel, I felt so bad, but she was very reassuring and hasnt stopped her top notch service.  

Its very comforting for me to use a travel agent, to know that in 67 days I have nothing to do but relax.  

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, RickinSTL said:

Im looking at a Transpacific in May of 2021.. I'll Probably book onboard to take advantage of reduced deposits..  @michelle could I transfer this booking to you after we come home?  Also I have to admit that I'm a little overwhelmed on what we should do in Tokyo as far as getting to the port and finding a place to stay.. Could you help us with that? 

any of the MEI Agents listed would be happy to help you with your future cruise, thanks for thinking of us and supporting the Blog Site

@Michelle.

I am currently working with Stephanie.  I have a May harmony cruise booked,  but haven't signed the Edocs with MEI. I asked her to add the travel protection a couple of days ago and I only got the reply to sign the original docs without travel protection.  I tried calling her number,  but it went straight to voice mail.

A little help? Perhaps she is on a cruise??

Only sailed DCL, completed 10 & had enough. Worked with a wonderful TA after realizing I was missing out on the OBC perk by always booking myself  (she had also added a stateroom gift one sailing too) She was more than a TA but felt like a friend, she does not book with RCCL so I looked to this BLOG for direction, and found MEI. I could book myself but felt much trepidation with the change so I reached out. I thought I would never find someone similar to my DCL TA but the stars were aligned for me, Sharla answered my query. As soon as our first conversation she really took her time with me and I believe it was after her work hours (I thought I would have a response the next morning) I knew I was in amazing hands. Being a newbie to RCCL I had a multitude of questions and she was patient, kind and quickly responsive. While I am used to a fixed OBC on DCL, I am in total agreement of those above I feel very safe & secure with Sharla knowing she is an advocate for me, just a few days after booking she already noted and applied a new offer from RCCL. This is going to be a long partnership, thank you RCCL blog-MEI-and most of all Sharla who makes me feel as if I was part of her own family. Happy sailing everyone!  :17_heart_eyes:

1 hour ago, cobra614 said:

@Michelle.

I am currently working with Stephanie.  I have a May harmony cruise booked,  but haven't signed the Edocs with MEI. I asked her to add the travel protection a couple of days ago and I only got the reply to sign the original docs without travel protection.  I tried calling her number,  but it went straight to voice mail.

A little help? Perhaps she is on a cruise??

Hey,

I have reached out to Stephanie for you.  Michelle is an IC at MEI-Travel just like Stephanie is so it could be awkward for Michelle to reach out to Stephanie for you.

Stephanie will be in touch soon to you.  Or if you would like to reach out to me directly, I can check in on things for you.

8 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Hey,

I have reached out to Stephanie for you.  Michelle is an IC at MEI-Travel just like Stephanie is so it could be awkward for Michelle to reach out to Stephanie for you.

Stephanie will be in touch soon to you.  Or if you would like to reach out to me directly, I can check in on things for you.

I resent an email requesting that travel insurance be add to our contact to Stephanie a couple  of  days ago. I got the same contract stating refusing the coverage today. I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.  To be fair I didn't leave a message,  I did resend a email requesting the  coverage and already paid my deposit.  Just thought I'd respond to this post.

1 minute ago, cobra614 said:

I resent an email requesting that travel insurance be add to our contact to Stephanie a couple  of  days ago. I got the same contract stating refusing the coverage today. I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.  To be fair I didn't leave a message,  I did resend a email requesting the  coverage and already paid my deposit.  Just thought I'd respond to this post.

I have reached out to her about this.  Later tonight you should see a reply.  The system auto generates periodically to you until the invoice is signed.  It could be that what you got today is a resend automatically of what she originally sent since it has not been signed.  Because i only see your board name,  I cannot look in the system for you.  

If you do not get a reply tonight, please reach out to me directly and we will get you all straightened out.

2 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

I have reached out to her about this.  Later tonight you should see a reply.  The system auto generates periodically to you until the invoice is signed.  It could be that what you got today is a resend automatically of what she originally sent since it has not been signed.  Because i only see your board name,  I cannot look in the system for you.  

If you do not get a reply tonight, please reach out to me directly and we will get you all straightened out.

That's what I figured.  I also thought since I replied to the contract email it might not of sent correctly. 

Thanks for the help. I dont mean to disrespect Stephanie in any way, I'm just new to using a travel agent. 

7 minutes ago, cobra614 said:

That's what I figured.  I also thought since I replied to the contract email it might not of sent correctly. 

Thanks for the help. I dont mean to disrespect Stephanie in any way, I'm just new to using a travel agent. 

No issues at all.  She is emailing you now 🙂  No disrespect at all.  

6 hours ago, michelle said:

any of the MEI Agents listed would be happy to help you with your future cruise, thanks for thinking of us and supporting the Blog Site

Michelle - I just sent you an email about transferring a cruise. 🙂

I have sailed on Royal over 13 times and currently have Diamond + status.  I have been booking direct with Royal for more than half of the cruises and have managed them by myself.  I just joined this group and saw the discussions regarding MEI.  I have decided to give them a try to see how the experience goes.

Michelle:  Thanks for the discussion yesterday and I just sent you an email to transfer the bookings I have for December.  I look forward to working with you and the experience ahead.

D

8 minutes ago, S.Marie said:

I just booked our first family cruise with MEI based on everyone’s recommendations on this thread and I am so excited! We want to travel more as a family so I wanted to make sure we had a great TA to help us along the way! 😊

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

8 minutes ago, S.Marie said:

I just booked our first family cruise with MEI based on everyone’s recommendations on this thread and I am so excited! We want to travel more as a family so I wanted to make sure we had a great TA to help us along the way! 😊

Good choice and welcome to the Blog !  I know you will become addicted like the rest of us.  😏

On 8/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, DanielB said:

...but the service I have received from Stephanie at MEI has been great and I am very impressed.  

I got in touch with MEI for the first time yesterday. My travel planner/agent is also Stephanie. I don’t know how many “Stephanies” work at MEI but I hope the Stephanie I got is as great and impressive as yours.  From my initial interactions with her, it looks like it. Cheers!