Dressy flip flops in MDR?

Loriann

On formal night I'd suggest more than flip flops.  But, I know some heels, and the like, can be very fancy and formal looking, but at the same time be considered flip flops/sandals.  Not sure that makes sense, but what I'm getting at is...blingy whatevers should be ok.  They don't want "pool clothes", or the "I don't give a ****" look in the MDR, that's what the Windjammer is for.

However, as @Matt has mentioned in many podcasts, and I've experienced in my own cruising, some shopping for new cruise-wear is a must before each cruise ?

• 3 weeks later...

My wife wears nice black flip flops.  She can't wear heels because she has a surgical pin in her ankle.  No one has ever said a thing.

I wear bling flip-flops with a nice jacket and slacks.  

Naw,,,,JK.  :-)   But I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like that.   

On 1/31/2018 at 10:47 PM, Loriann said:

I read that flip flops are not allowed in the MDR (maybe specialty restaurants as well?), but I wondered if dressy flip flops were acceptable, ones that have a little "bling". Otherwise we will need to do some shopping soon!

I almost always wear dressy flip flops or sandels except formal nights

24 minutes ago, cyndicruiser said:

flip flops are not allowed in the MDR (maybe specialty restaurants as well?), but I wondered if dressy flip flops were acceptable

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, got feathers like a duck...then it must be a duck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 11:43 PM, rjac said:

So, what do you do on Quest night?:51_scream:

20 minutes to The Quest on the Jewel. It's formal night but I've been in shorts and a long sleeve polo since after dinner. Sparse crowd in the Safari Club but people are trickling in.

Edit:

Aaaand, the second show just let out. The joint is filling up nicely! Nearly packed now. 

Second edit: Wow!

IMG_20180310_000755144.jpg