Stay away from Enchantment of Seas

We been on many RC cruises and this was our first time on Enchantment of seas.we know before this is small and older boat in fleet but didn’t expect  room with lot of maintenance issues.( see photos) when I bring it up to guests service they didn’t care and even didn’t look what is issues  just shut me down that boat is old and  cruise is full and can’t relocate me 

I always thought that RC has some standard of rooms and service even if boat is old.

all employees been outstanding like always.

missing outlet plate coverIMG_8032.thumb.jpeg.70768b11dbf60e2d12e57d3ec565bb7c.jpeg

This is photo of ceiling bunk bed

IMG_8030.thumb.jpeg.6f7d1d6f3879b400c45e40dc52ebb79e.jpeg

what is missing on ceiling? ( maybe smoke detector)

IMG_8029.thumb.jpeg.838d781c71afced1c04dd5cbaba172a1.jpeg

rusty caulking and crack shower pan

IMG_8025.thumb.jpeg.c66fa08ed360e0421f56fa4a38dc2267.jpeg

bunk bed with some self tapping screws sticking out

IMG_8027.thumb.jpeg.08011f01478372b5e0213b8c1e886bc4.jpeg

bathroom door peeling

IMG_8034.thumb.jpeg.bd73e1a1996f701cdb8381a62945c010.jpeg

While it's frustrating to draw a room with cosmetic or maintenance issues, it's also important to look at the ship and cruise as a whole. In 19 cruises I've only been on a "newish" ship twice. Every ship has had scratched furniture, occasional plumbing problem, or the odd noise at night. Ditto for land based hotels and resorts. I'd be more concerned about a constellation of issues on a single voyage, eg, bad service, bad food, bad entertainment, and a bad room. The smaller and older ships have discounted fares for a reason. Still, I don't like to be disappointed. In the end I try to manage expectations, and I actually enjoy vision class vessels.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:18 PM, Zacksk said:

when I bring it up to guests service they didn’t care and even didn’t look what is issues  just shut me down that boat is old and  cruise is full and can’t relocate me 

I find it highly unusual to hear Guest Services “didn’t care” or “just shut me down”.  The very few issues I’ve had with a cabin were handled almost immediately by maintenance crew.  The cabin attendants have always been engaged and make sure it’s taken care of and have always asked if it was resolved to my satisfaction.

Can't remember which ship but on bottom of the bathroom door hinge side every so often a puddle of water would appear. I showed my cabin steward and he was on his phone immediately. and pretty soon maintenance showed up. It was a port day and we'd be out of the cabin so they had most of the day to find out what the problem was. It took another day to get it resolved, but we also ended up with a hole in the wall. which the next day it was fixed and no more puddle on the floor. 

Might be a one and done, but Enchantment is definitely looking rough.  We sailed nearly 8+ years ago and I said never again (because of a whole host of reasons, not just cabin condition).  I know a its still a lot of people's favorites so we had family on her recently and I told them to report back, heard the same thing.  Rooms like that posted here are not representative of the entire ship but I would say that are representative of the range of conditions you can expect on enchantment.  It is probably the worst of the range but I was not surprised to see it.  Now if someone said this was Oasis or Freedom I would have my doubts.  We even found other vision class ships (Rhapsody) to be in better condition 

Some ships just seem to live slightly rougher lives (here's looking at you Adventure).  My suspicion is that the ships, like Enchantment, that see shorter cruises more often get beat up a bit more.  

Just sailed her March 9-16th. Felt like a shakedown cruise (with the exception MDR service & food) Big screen on pool deck covered up. When asked why got 3 different answers from 3 different people. Elevator to Crown Lounge port side didn't work, only starboard one, but not noted until later. Our cabin was fine, I was surprised at how clean bathroom was, but all the items pre-requested for my husbands CPAP weren't in cabin (on other sailings always there) just seemed like certain people no one cared. Sorry your cabin was so bad.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:55 PM, smokeybandit said:

You could find stuff like that on any ship more than 10 years old

Supposedly these ships are dry docked and refreshed every 5 years so they shouldn't look like that. I've actually been on this ship and I didn't have a room that looked like that. It would be enough to make me not want to go back because you do not pay small amounts to get on the ships of Royal Caribbean.

B2B on enchantment last summer. Problem one da6 with a smell of diesel in our interior cabin. Reported it to guest services and went ashore for the day

by the time we returned the issue had been fixed, we received a courtesy call from guest services to check all was ok and received a 10% of cruis3 price credit for another cruise

found everyone on the ship very helpful so surprised you didn’t get help when the issues were reported 

20 hours ago, JFCruise said:

The dead givaway that it's not a RC ship is the shower curtain. I sailed on Enchantment a long while ago - it had the regular plastic door, no shower curtain.

1 hour ago, barjpoe said:

Doesn't Royal's bathrooms have blue tiles on the floor and the showers are more round (capsule enclosure in the older ships)?

In this video you can see that the bathroom in the photos is exactly the same, with the same curtain.