New Jr Suite class on Symphony?

curious to see if that is the case and they are going to stick to it or if that will eventually fold after people raise hell.

seems silly to class a JS as a sky JS if it doesn't have the full sky suite privileges that a typical sky suite on quantum and oasis class would have. a strange distinction to make, especially if on spectrum of the seas and icon class.

not saying they won't hold to it... but that's a strange line in the sand to draw.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's part of the "shadiness" I was talking about.  Very unfortunate.

I think they should standardise the benefits across all the ships where possible for a more consistent experience.

Sure, not all ships have Coastal Kitchen but there is no reason not to include internet access for all GS and above.

I was just browsing a Harmony cruise, but it shows no additional perks for a Sky Class JS than any other JS

Sky Class Exclusives
Dinner at Coastal Kitchen, based on availability*
Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobes for Use Onboard
Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
Luxury Bathroom Amenities
*Reservations are required. Beverages are not included.

Only icon and utopia sky JS get the full benefits. All the other ships offering it doesn’t include internet which is really weird imo. 

For us that’s not a huge deal as we get 4 free days so paying for 3 is fine. However, it should be the same across all ships. Good grief just add another couple hundred dollars and just include it. 

22 minutes ago, Babsy47 said:

I just looked at this on a transatlantic for 2025.  The descriptions of the Jr. Suite and the sky are exactly the same, but the sky is $2,000 more.  I am baffled as to what the $2,000 is supposedly buying?

Access to the suite lounge which should include the 11-11, full CK access and everything full suites get minus the internet. I agree that $2k is too much for that. 

Wow. Shady indeed. You learn something new everyday. I honestly thought that when they recategorized back in the fall of 2023 that all sky juniors got sky class benefits. Did not realize that was only for Icon, Utopia, and Spectrum until reading through this thread. @Baked Alaska where did you read that it does not include the concierge? Because from the screenshot that @F1guynz posted from Royal’s site, it looks like only VOOM is removed for non-Icon, Utopia, and spectrum. 

@F1guynz and @Lovetocruise2002 Here are the screenshots for Feb 2026 for Symphony (it is this way on all the 2/2-26 sailings). The devil is in the details (or lack of them). Either they've (oops) "left it off," or they're being ambiguous for a reason. Will Royal hire more concierges for these additional cabins? From my sailing last week, I can tell you that Willy and Shaun worked their arses off. Adding the additional TRULY Sky class junior suites without the additional concierge would be crazy. Also, the SKY Junior Suite says Coastal Kitchen dinner based on availability (same, that's not a Sky class amenity). Grand Suite has the usual all-day access, etc.

image.png.6fbb56fe59d35c69cea5e5d91d0b8f4d.png

image.png.904827c2a463803ff63647c534bf8988.png

I loved the idea of Sky Jr Suites when they were announced...but the fact that they are on a such a low deck, don't come with internet and are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive (which also bumps the price for GS up to the heavens) really makes me hate them. I would hope that in a year or so, they come down to a reasonable price but who knows.....

5 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I loved the idea of Sky Jr Suites when they were announced...but the fact that they are on a such a low deck, don't come with internet and are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive 

the low deck thing KILLS me. and while i agree that it’s a typo (re the CK/SL access) why would they cut off internet?

this is nuts. 😂

12 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I loved the idea of Sky Jr Suites when they were announced...but the fact that they are on a such a low deck, don't come with internet and are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive (which also bumps the price for GS up to the heavens) really makes me hate them. I would hope that in a year or so, they come down to a reasonable price but who knows.....

I think the answer has been found.  By creating a new class they can bump the price of the next class.

they probably rely on ignorant people booking the “better” JS or they’ll settle for this “less expensive JS” as opposed to the expensive GS.

• 2 weeks later...

This is phenomenally deceptive. AT best IT hasn't caught up with the amenities change for the junior suite, at worst this is deliberately misleading. It would be easy for seasoned suite cruisers to see "SKY" and assume full benefits included. The room itself is not worth the upcharge above a normal junior suite and it's on deck 6 to boot (don't get me wrong I love the Boardwalk, but still). It's almost as if Royal is deliberately trying to trick its most loyal customers into dropping a deposit before they realize what the "SKY" junior suite really includes. It doesn't even include access to Suite sun deck, all day CK, VOOM (which was horrible on our Feb 2025 wonder cruise)...etc. Wow!!! Maybe a few drops on social media pointing out deceptive nature of these so called sky class amenity suites is in order. I'm extra salty because I have two on hold and if not for @Lovetocruise2002 heads-up, I might have been dropping an August 2025 wonder deposit on these rooms. Very disappointing. 

6 minutes ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

This is phenomenally deceptive. AT best IT hasn't caught up with the amenities change for the junior suite, at worst this is deliberately misleading. It would be easy for seasoned suite cruisers to see "SKY" and assume full benefits included. The room itself is not worth the upcharge above a normal junior suite and it's on deck 6 to boot (don't get me wrong I love the Boardwalk, but still). It's almost as if Royal is deliberately trying to trick its most loyal customers into dropping a deposit before they realize what the "SKY" junior suite really includes. It doesn't even include access to Suite sun deck, all day CK, VOOM (which was horrible on our Feb 2025 wonder cruise)...etc. Wow!!! Maybe a few drops on social medium pointing out deceptive nature of these so called sky class amenity suites is in order. I'm extra salty because I have two on hold and if not for @Lovetocruise2002 heads-up, I might have been dropping an August 2025 wonder deposit on these rooms. Very disappointing. 

I believe they're going to introduce a new class in between Sea and Sky. They'll call it Smog Class Suites. Above the sea but not quite to the sky.

59 minutes ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

This is phenomenally deceptive. AT best IT hasn't caught up with the amenities change for the junior suite, at worst this is deliberately misleading. It would be easy for seasoned suite cruisers to see "SKY" and assume full benefits included. The room itself is not worth the upcharge above a normal junior suite and it's on deck 6 to boot (don't get me wrong I love the Boardwalk, but still). It's almost as if Royal is deliberately trying to trick its most loyal customers into dropping a deposit before they realize what the "SKY" junior suite really includes. It doesn't even include access to Suite sun deck, all day CK, VOOM (which was horrible on our Feb 2025 wonder cruise)...etc. Wow!!! Maybe a few drops on social media pointing out deceptive nature of these so called sky class amenity suites is in order. I'm extra salty because I have two on hold and if not for @Lovetocruise2002 heads-up, I might have been dropping an August 2025 wonder deposit on these rooms. Very disappointing. 

Don’t thank me. I was deceived too! This whole time (until recently) I was under the impression that Sky Junior got full Sky benefits, just located on a lower deck. It was @Baked Alaska and @F1guynz who pointed it out that the shadiness was in the details. My sister almost booked a Sky Junior on Utopia for a sailing that we have together next year. I am glad that I convinced her to move to a GS. I would have felt bad if she stuck with that booking because she wants access to the suites area and CK. 

17 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My sister almost booked a Sky Junior on Utopia for a sailing that we have together next year. I am glad that I convinced her to move to a GS. I would have felt bad if she stuck with that booking because she wants access to the suites area and CK. 

I thought the Sky JS on Utopia WAS full Sky benefits.  No ?  I have one booked on Utopia in Sept.

46 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I thought the Sky JS on Utopia WAS full Sky benefits.  No ?  I have one booked on Utopia in Sept.

I believe it is, I think the major issue is that Utopia, Icon and Star were designed with the sky class JS and then they tried to add them to the other ships that have a suite class. 

12 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I believe it is, I think the major issue is that Utopia, Icon and Star were designed with the sky class JS and then they tried to add them to the other ships that have a suite class. 

I'm hoping too... we booked a Sky JS on Icon.  Hoping we get Sky Bennies...

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

After being tipped off and spending too much time diving into the benefits, you are correct. As per the fine print, it looks like the SKY JS on Utopia is a true SKY class suite with all expected amenities that come with the SKY label. Of course, logically, it doesn't follow since you'd think that Sky JS on the Oasis class Utopia would match the same benefits on Wonder and below. But to make it more confusing it does not. Per @Ampurp85 they probably had it in mind to make the Sky JS on the utopia, true SKY suites, which is why we are sitting here splitting hairs. To alleviate confusion it would be superbly simple to not call anything without full SKY benefits "SKY". 

It's unfortunate that we have to have this conversation though. Very deceptive on Royal Caribbean's part. Most disappointed I've been with them since discriminating against passengers for personal medical decisions. 

18 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My conclusion? I will not be booking a Sky Junior on any ship

Royal’s marketing information is woeful to say the least that’s why I don’t believe the cabin blurb can be trusted as to benefits received.

On Quantum they don’t mention you get a royal genie (you do) with a Grand Loft Suite. I think it never got updated from when it was in Asia.

IMG_1388.thumb.png.e4a99baaa168df36133775c5cc69fab4.png